Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool - 6/12/15 post match reaction from page 24

Greg

All of my Liverpool supporting mates all kept mentioning that Sissoko was throwing Moreno around like a doll. I then remember why they said that, on the 2nd goal he cut in and Moreno went for a tackle and Sissoko shrugged him off and it looked quite spectacular.

That was what Sissoko really is capable of and should be doing far more consistently - carrying the ball and effortlessly brushing off players like they aren't there. His rotten mentality really does hinder his undoubted ability, unfortunately.

We were undoubtedly better but these were poor and played into our hands.  They were easy to defend against with the static Benteke up top on his own, they lacked penetration in midfield with Coutinho missing.  Barring Ibe who became largely ineffective they had little width or pace.

We are fine against teams who are static like this, similar to Man Utd away earlier this season we can defend against teams who basically don't move quickly enough. 

My worry is we've played Leicester and Palace who have legs and we've conceded 8. Teams who get in behind and have pace basically can rip us to shreds quite easily.  That's my concern moving forward and why we'll hover around that bottom 3 all season.  Unless of course we sign a left back, CB and sort of the centre of midfield which won't happen.