Newcastle United 2-0 Liverpool - 6/12/15 post match reaction from page 24

Greg

It was interesting watching us, I thought we looked decent in the first half and we were but I've seen that a number of times this season and we usual end up losing anyway and being horrendous once we are behind.  I was surprised when we won and looked decent all game.  We still didn't create enough chance because we lack creativity but it's something to build on.

Our main issue though is if Sissoko and Gini aren't having a good game then we won't win as we have nothing else unless Perez plays and he's been off the boil a bit lately.

We were well organised defensively, which was a nice change. I personally don't have a problem with us defending deep and counter attacking- it's a proven and very effective way of playing. However, Liverpool were incredibly easy to defend against, we kept the play in front of us and they made few runs to get in behind (to space that we limited).

Perez made a huge difference, as you would expect, when he came on.

As for comparisons with Pardew's style? What? There were a handful of occasions when Pardew used his pathetic brain and employed the style we used yesterday and it worked to good effect (Chelsea at home last season for example). Pardew's dominant style was to have absolutely no clue, hang on, whack the ball long, put Ameobi on and pummel the ball up to him (a lot of overhit balls that he couldn't physically chase which resulted in constant turnovers). It was without a doubt the worst football I have ever seen, and it always peaked during derby's (at home, especially). There was no method, no clue, no idea or intelligence behind it. It was pure misery.

Gini is absolutely quality, btw. Wonderful footballer.

Superb performance !

I really enjoyed the city, the night , the atmosphere and of course the game .

People are very nice, beatiful ladies and Newcastle performed the excellent game . Well organized and with excellent Ofensive capacity .

Go on Lads!

Superb performance !

I really enjoyed the city, the night , the atmosphere and of course the game .

People are very nice, beatiful ladies and Newcastle performed the excellent game . Well organized and with excellent Ofensive capacity .

Go on Lads!

You got extremely lucky with the timing of your trip! :lol:

Glad you enjoyed the city. :thup:

Of course that all the geordie girls aren't hot and beatiful but some of them are.

Digi is a good place to go out and a really nice disco. Unfortunately close too earlier. In Portugal we began to drink at 23, after the dinner. In Newcastle I saw people drinking at 16/17 and some of them are already drunk at 20.

Of course that all the geordie girls aren't hot and beatiful but some of them are.

Digi is a good place to go out and a really nice disco. Unfortunately close too earlier. In Portugal we began to drink at 23, after the dinner. In Newcastle I saw people drinking at 16/17 and some of them are already drunk at 20.

Sounds about right :lol:

You picked some awful nightclubs though, next time you come back N-O will recommend some good ones for you ;)

Are you talking about age or 24 hour time?

Are you talking about age or 24 hour time?

24 hour time.

Perhaps he's gone back to Pardball? Players will be more used to it and we used to get the odd result like this. Didn't see the game like so that might be bollocks.

Yeah you're right. That's bollocks :thup:

It was a performance today straight out of the Pardew handbook in terms of style being defend, defend, defend, sucker punch.

In your face Lenny!

:lol: we didn't play hoofball all game, man.

Perhaps he's gone back to Pardball? Players will be more used to it and we used to get the odd result like this. Didn't see the game like so that might be bollocks.

Yeah you're right. That's bollocks :thup:

It was a performance today straight out of the Pardew handbook in terms of style being defend, defend, defend, sucker punch.

In your face Lenny!

:lol: we didn't play hoofball all game, man.

When I say straight out of the Pardew handbook, I mean compared to the way we played during the home wins over Chelsea and Liverpool during his time here.

Not the turdball employed against the likes of Reading at home when he seemed permanently confused as to why we had so much of the ball.

Guest Geordiesned

More important than the 3 points was the fact that I didn't have to watch Sturridge do his wank celebration.

Bloke a few rows in front of me stood up and did it when Sturridge fluffed that chance that nearly went out for a throw in. :lol:

First game i went to was Dyer vs Bowyer :lol: :lol: Second one was better though when we beat the mackems. Emre scored a beautiful freekick.

Jesus :lol: Dyer v Bowyer for your first match ffs. Even Villa stopped playing after this because they were simply stunned :lol: