Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

Thought it was an even game after the first 20 and we looked to have more ideas towards the end. Our weaknesses really showed in the opening period mind, tried to play higher and the midfield were exposed terribly. Perez and Mitro are very green, in that instance, always leaving the spare man and going towards the ball rather than the space -  much better when they dropped in. Everton had a fair few pot shots, like, not arsed about that one stat. Possession was poor but we play a direct game now (short term, I imagine) and it's where we look at our best.

Didnt think we deserved to lose. Another game where we've missed some good openings.

Did'nt deserve anything out of that game and although it was cruel at the end, Everton deserved the victory as they were far better apart from a 15 minute spell in the second half.

Only mistake elliot made was trying to fist that clear, then we had the colo and anita clown show trying to see who could make least effort to clear it.

They completely dominated for the first 30 mins then it evened out a bit, second half it could have been anyone's, we were unlucky not to hold on for the draw.

Lukaku was magnificent up front, had our lot all over the place. Sissoko again looked like our only chance of getting crosses in... Very predictable at the moment.

Seriously impressed with Stones for them, that kid's an absolute star. Could play anywhere on the pitch, the composure he has.

Mbemba was our best player by a distance and we did alright to get back into it given it looked like being a mauling the first 20 minutes. Sucker punch at the end.

Was nice being back there again, suspect it'll be the last time for a while again.

Was incredibly disappointed with Perez given he's my favourite Newcastle player. Was strolling around disinterested, at least Sissoko was involved. Something going on there like, Perez seems really pissed off.

Gini and Sissoko often pick up the ball too deep in our own half and so we don't have anyone in the final third. Really need to change that.

Aye Chris Waddle(who I actually thought was alright) said this a lot. He also suggested swapping Ayoze and Sissoko's positions which I also would have liked to see

And said we're crying out for a CM that can push is forward. Talked a lot of sense today.

Seriously impressed with Stones for them, that kid's an absolute star. Could play anywhere on the pitch, the composure he has.

Mbemba was our best player by a distance and we did alright to get back into it given it looked like being a mauling the first 20 minutes. Sucker punch at the end.

Was nice being back there again, suspect it'll be the last time for a while again.

Was incredibly disappointed with Perez given he's my favourite Newcastle player. Was strolling around disinterested, at least Sissoko was involved. Something going on there like, Perez seems really pissed off.

Let's be honest, there's been loads of players through the books that are good quality players and players youd expect to put in the effort but the situation must have the overriding effect.  Playing for such a sham of a club must have an impact. I'm half cut btw.

Tho season has been off as we have looked good at points and today there are positives to take. If Nitro had scored we may have won. It was quite unlucky at the end but it should have been cleared off the line. Winjaldum didn't look very good today he was pushed off the ball way to easy.

Some postives to take but we have said that a lot this season. I don't think we'll go down but we need more creativity.

Perez was disappointing but then we just didn't have the ball in their third anywhere near enough. It was obvious early in the second half that he was totally pissed off with this, I saw him turn away from the play in disgust a few times as we lost it. Which isn't to excuse any lack of effort of course, it just looked like he didn't believe in us as a team.

Perez was disappointing but then we just didn't have the ball in their third anywhere near enough. It was obvious early in the second half that he was totally pissed off with this, I saw him turn away from the play in disgust a few times as we lost it. Which isn't to excuse any lack of effort of course, it just looked like he didn't believe in us as a team.

He was part of the problem there though, he wasn't chasing anything. Mitrovic put him to shame in terms of chasing lost causes and going after a game we looked like we'd be well out of early doors. I'm not saying run about like an absolute spacca but he seemed to cut ties with the game once we'd had a dodgy start. Like I say I wouldn't be surprised if he was off soon, the way he was moping about.

Perez was disappointing but then we just didn't have the ball in their third anywhere near enough. It was obvious early in the second half that he was totally p*ssed off with this, I saw him turn away from the play in disgust a few times as we lost it. Which isn't to excuse any lack of effort of course, it just looked like he didn't believe in us as a team.

He was part of the problem there though, he wasn't chasing anything. Mitrovic put him to shame in terms of chasing lost causes and going after a game we looked like we'd be well out of early doors. I'm not saying run about like an absolute spacca but he seemed to cut ties with the game once we'd had a dodgy start. Like I say I wouldn't be surprised if he was off soon, the way he was moping about.

:thup: Even his passing was rank.

Maybe irrelevant but I thought when he was coming off that he seemed to go out of his way to ignore McClaren

Oh and just going back to whether they deserved to win or not, they should have played the full second half against ten men and could have easily had a penalty first half. The ref was wank for both sides, but for us it was just decisions in the middle of the park. We were hugely fortunate he also got the key decisions wrong.

Could play anywhere on the pitch, the composure he has.

I agree with that massively. Chelsea's pursuit isn't over the top, they can see the next John Terry style centre back for 10 years+. He's so calm and immense for his age.

He's potentially better than Terry like, or more to the point he's a different type of defender. He's in the Rio Ferdinand mould in that he can play it from the back. Never seen a centre half run the show like that for a long time.

He's very good on the ball but thought he was poor in the air and maybe not aggressive enough. Has to improve a lot yet