Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

Trevor Francis hit the nail on the head. We're in trouble because our players aren't very good.

We need a good January window.

They tried but the quality is lacking. We don't have anyone who can pick a pass out or who can finish consistently. Other teams will strengthen and if we don't get it right and spend some serious money we'll get relegated.

It's a joke we're not looking at the defence in January, but if we get someone of quality in the midfield we'll get through. However I'm worried they seem to be concentrating on a winger and a striker. I mean obviously we need a natural goal scorer, I would definitely take Austin right now, proven to score goals on the PL and we definitely need more width on the left but that shouldn't be job done though I reckon they'll feel it is.

Trevor Francis hit the nail on the head. We're in trouble because our players aren't very good.

We need a good January window.

Funnily enough, being in the relegation zone might actually help this. What a mess.

McClaren still saying 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine'. One shot on target at home. :lol:

We played alright in the second half, so he has a point.

Still one shot on target at home. You obviously are happy being served shit and chips every match.

Well of course not like, we were shit in the first half, but in the second half we look good and were the better team.

Let me ask you this.  What have you seen of McClaren to suggest he's the right man for the job?  Because frankly i'm struggling to see any positives.

I haven't said he's the right man for the job chances are he isn't, but I do have sympathy for him, and am willing to give him time. Hes played some decent stuff at times this season, but he can't change the game half way through it. He is also limited by a number of shite players in key areas and is battling a apathy that has been around the club for the last 5 years.

McClaren still saying 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine'. One shot on target at home. :lol:

Still one shot on target at home. You obviously are happy being served shit and chips every match.

Well of course not like, we were shit in the first half, but in the second half we look good and were the better team.

Let me ask you this.  What have you seen of McClaren to suggest he's the right man for the job?  Because frankly i'm struggling to see any positives.

I hated this argument with Pardew because he was a shite excuse for a human being and a shite excuse for a manager, but who would realistically "coach" a team for the fuckwitts in charge here and who would our bunch of windowlickers have actually heard of to interview for the position?

No I don't think he's good enough but I also don't think we'd have the brains or capitol to bring in the right man for the job. The best we can hope for is McClaren realises how fucked he is and quits and we stumble on a decent manager.

I haven't said he's the right man for the job chances are he isn't, but I do have sympathy for him, and am willing to give him time. Hes played some decent stuff at times this season, but he can't change the game half way through it. He is also limited by a number of shite players in key areas and is battling a apathy that has been around the club for the last 5 years.

He is part of the board is he not? His own words were he was happy with his squad, and yet any sane person could see we were 3-4 players short. So if he had this so called blank cheque he was boasting about at the start of the season, then why neglect key areas. It's his fault for not replacing the shite he inherited.

What does "we'll be fine" even mean? Our stated target before the season was top 8. Has it been changed to PL survival already?

What does "we'll be fine" even mean? Our stated target before the season was top 8. Has it been changed to PL survival already?

Didn't he say the other day that 8th had admittedly been an overambitious target (in a league with Leicester, Palace and Watford in the top seven)?

What an absolute sucker punch that was today. We played like an abused wife for the first 20 minutes, but then had the better chances in the second half. Point would have been a fair result on the balance of it, but we did not play well at all.

What an absolute sucker punch that was today. We played like an abused wife for the first 20 minutes, but then had the better chances in the second half. Point would have been a fair result on the balance of it, but we did not play well at all.

I would say they deserved to win.  Came and attacked the game and we where just hoping we could nick a goal.

Didn't he say the other day that 8th had admittedly been an overambitious target (in a league with Leicester, Palace and Watford in the top seven)?

He did? I must have missed that. But as you point out, the PL is quite open, especially this year. Had we had our affairs in order we could have easily been in the running for European football.

He did? I must have missed that. But as you point out, the PL is quite open, especially this year. Had we had our affairs in order we could have easily been in the running for European football.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/25/newcastle-united-steve-mcclaren-top-eight-premier-league-target-relegation

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/25/newcastle-united-steve-mcclaren-top-eight-premier-league-target-relegation

Even the URL says we're targeting relegation :lol:

After today it's now going to be over a year since we last got a penalty. Two years since we got one at home.

When was the last red card, that's aeons as well?

Same game. Stoke (H)

edit: technically Norwich had Johnson sent off in the same incident as Remy saw red too so Stoke was the last time we had a numerical advantage. 

After today it's now going to be over a year since we last got a penalty. Two years since we got one at home.

Same game. Stoke (H)

edit: technically Norwich had Johnson sent off in the same incident as Remy saw red too so Stoke was the last time we had a numerical advantage.

Fucking hell, so two years ago (or at least 17 months with the Norwich game)? I'd love to know how that compares to every other club in the division.

Same game. Stoke (H)

Fucking hell, so two years ago (or at least 17 months with the Norwich game)? I'd love to know how that compares to every other club in the division.

Was Jan '14, so 23 months ago mate. :neutral:

Looked into this a while back and I'm sure we've had 13 red cards since we last had one in our favour. Something like that anyway.

Same game. Stoke (H)

Was Jan '14, so 23 months ago mate. :neutral:

Alright Mr Chips, I've been on the drink all day. :lol: