Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

McClaren still saying 'if we play like that every week we'll be fine'. One shot on target at home. :lol:

We played alright in the second half, so he has a point.

What does "we'll be fine" even mean? Our stated target before the season was top 8. Has it been changed to PL survival already?

Didn't he say the other day that 8th had admittedly been an overambitious target (in a league with Leicester, Palace and Watford in the top seven)?

He did? I must have missed that. But as you point out, the PL is quite open, especially this year. Had we had our affairs in order we could have easily been in the running for European football.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/25/newcastle-united-steve-mcclaren-top-eight-premier-league-target-relegation

Dear me, we have actually changed our target to Premier League survival and he is counting on characters like Willo's to pull us through. This club man :spit:

After today it's now going to be over a year since we last got a penalty. Two years since we got one at home.

When was the last red card, that's aeons as well?

Same game. Stoke (H)

edit: technically Norwich had Johnson sent off in the same incident as Remy saw red too so Stoke was the last time we had a numerical advantage.

Fucking hell, so two years ago (or at least 17 months with the Norwich game)? I'd love to know how that compares to every other club in the division.

Was Jan '14, so 23 months ago mate. :neutral:

Alright Mr Chips, I've been on the drink all day. :lol:

:lol:

Good spirit in the side currently which is nice to see but there's just simply too many holes in the side all over the pitch. We miss too many clear chances lacking a proper finishing striker, our centre midfield pairing is weak as piss and Coloccini gets dominated too easily. I thought we'd done enough to earn a point there and to concede like that was a killer blow.

Ashley thinks in £££££££s and if he wants to avoid a relegation battle then he's going to have to get the chequebook out and spend properly. We might be showing some team spirit but as Trevor Francis said there just aren't enough good players there. A few injuries to some of our "better" players would leave us completely and utterly screwed.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-names-two-newcastle-10654696?

Steve McClaren names two Newcastle United players who deserve praise after Magpies defeat

“Some of our defending was terrific, the blocks, the headers - I thought Paul Dummett was excellent, Chancel, Colo, Daryl – and once they got through that Rob Elliot was magnificent with one or two great saves.

“Jack and Vurnon in front were little warriors and it gave us a great platform. When you get chances, you have got to take them and that’s why we have lost.”

Confirmed: Lee Ryder can only count to two.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-names-two-newcastle-10654696?

Steve McClaren names two Newcastle United players who deserve praise after Magpies defeat

“Some of our defending was terrific, the blocks, the headers - I thought Paul Dummett was excellent, Chancel, Colo, Daryl – and once they got through that Rob Elliot was magnificent with one or two great saves.

“Jack and Vurnon in front were little warriors and it gave us a great platform. When you get chances, you have got to take them and that’s why we have lost.”

Confirmed: Lee Ryder can only count to two.

I'm surprised he can count even that high.

Guest neesy111

Still can't believe that miss from Mitrovic. Wijnaldum should have buried his as well.

Mitrovic chance one of the worst I've ever seen.

Guest neesy111

Always find it interesting to see the reaction of our players when we score or concede. Mbemba and Dummett drop to the ground. Nobody else gives a fuck.

I find this very knickt-picking.

Guest neesy111

Just an observation. The cunts play like they don't care 90% of the time anyway so it's to be expected.

Those cunts were very good today against a very good Everton team fwiw.

Just an observation. The c***s play like they don't care 90% of the time anyway so it's to be expected.

I haven't seen it again but Anita looked like he just watched his dog get steamrollered so you missed at least one.

Just an observation. The cunts play like they don't care 90% of the time anyway so it's to be expected.

Those cunts were very good today against a very good Everton team fwiw.

So good that win moved them up to 9th. Wew.