Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't get why anyone feels anything for the guy, he played for us for 5 minutes and we got relegated. Forget about him.

:thup: He was here 6 months and we got relegated. Shame he's at Palace, but otherwise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to anything he says/does.

I'd take him back in an instant which is mad when I was completely against him signing back in January.

I understand his argument for wanting to leave but not to a Pardew side FFS.

If he'd only stayed and ripped this league up I'm fairly sure he'd be in the same sort of position he is in now with England and given how settled he seemed it would have been a better shout to have stayed around I think.

I think a lot of players won't realise how turd Pardew is until they're in his clutches tbf.

How dare Ben Arfa join a Pardew club etc

Ben fell out with Pardew to such an extent he was thrown out of the club on a free. When Townsend does the same he will be welcomed back. Until then he can kiss Pardew's arse along with any sympathisers.

I think a lot of players won't realise how turd Pardew is until they're in his clutches tbf.

Ben fell out with Pardew to such an extent he was thrown out of the club on a free. When Townsend does the same he will be welcomed back. Until then he can kiss Pardew's arse along with any sympathisers.

So you wouldn't take Benteke? A fellow 'Pardew sympathiser'?

'Ben' :anguish:

Did Benteke leave Newcastle, a team led by one of the greatest managers in the world and one of the best football arenas in England?

I'm not turning down Andros Townsend in January like :lol:

He won't come though as even if he wanted to for some reason Palace are not going to sell him for anyway close to the £13m they bought him for. We're not paying £20m+ for him.

Who's to say he wants to come back anyway? He might well be quite happy to play for a small time London club under a shite manager. Why roll the red carpet out prematurely? :lol:

Did Benteke leave Newcastle, a team led by one of the greatest managers in the world and one of the best football arenas in England?

Is this meant to be a joke or not [emoji38]

I'm not turning down Andros Townsend in January like :lol:

He won't come though as even if he wanted to for some reason Palace are not going to sell him for anyway close to the £13m they bought him for. We're not paying £20m+ for him.

Who's to say he wants to come back anyway? He might well be quite happy to play for a small time London club under a shite manager. Why roll the red carpet out prematurely? :lol:

:lol: fucking howay man, TRon.

Is this meant to be a joke or not [emoji38]

My bad. I still think of Benteke as an ex-Villa player seeing as he hardly got a sniff at Anfield. Still no real comparison to Townsend, Benteke wasn't wanted at Liverpool, absolute opposite for Townsend at Newcastle.

It's obviously about England though, whether his opinions of having to be playing in the Premiership to be picked are justified or not. Even if Palace are in the relegation zone and we're running away with the Championship in January I doubt he'd be open to a move back.

If Rafa Benitez could do a season in the Championship, then so should Townsend.

For one thing I'm sure: one season in the Championship, coached by Rafa, would have done wonders for Townsend. He'd come back up in the Premier Leage as a better player claiming for a place in the England squad. Shelvey is going down that route and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he is in the England squad one year from now. 

Don't see how anyone could have a problem with Townsend leaving us.

He came in January and was told if we went down he could leave. We went down and a Premier League club offered him a job on probably similar terms to what he already had with us. He used to live in London and had no feelings for Newcastle prior to joining us. He also knows that he has more chance of playing for England in the Premier League than the Championship due to the bizarre selection process of this country. It's a no brainer for him.

I wish him well as he came in and did an excellent job for us and he put everything in to try and help us stay up.

He also knows that he has more chance of playing for England in the Premier League than the Championship due to the bizarre selection process of this country.

It's not that bizarre like, nor is it exclusive to just this country.

He also knows that he has more chance of playing for England in the Premier League than the Championship due to the bizarre selection process of this country.

It's not that bizarre like, nor is it exclusive to just this country.

I didn't say it was exclusive to this country, but I do think it is bizarre.

If a player is good enough to play for the international team, then he is good enough - it doesn't matter which team, league or country they play their football in imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

AT typifies the modern English footballer. Stays at Spurs too long to the detriment of his career and when he does sign for someone where it looks like his career will really blossom, he leaves. Using the PL and England as justification. Imagine Messi leaving Barca to come to the PL because he thinks it will help him win the WC with Argentina...

AT is fucking stupid, a grade a thick cunt up there with the best (worst of them). Sadly I'm pretty sure his agent, friends, family et al will have all helped to make him come to the decision he did, because its good for his career innit.

He will never play for a bigger club than us or a better manager than Benitez and we will cross trajectories soon, NUFC going upwards, AT downwards. Fool!

Btw I was quite gutted when he left because he would be the best player in this division by miles and he would be the difference. He's a genuinely good player capable of becoming a top-class player. Under Pardew though... :lol:

Anyway fuck him and anyone else who is too thick to realise a good thing and that's what Rafa and NUFC combined were for AT.