Cliffy Ahmed RIP

Crumpy Gunt

Two players squaring up to each other just in front of the Toon supporters when the legend that is Cliffy Ahmed shouts "KICK HIM IN THE COCK"

Love that one liner.

Rest in peace, Cliffy!

Was talking of just that when I saw him pre match at WBA last month. Still brings a smile.

Can remember seeing him in the hotel pre the San Siro game still in his traditional denim jacket and just dragged out of a bush look

Rip cliffy had fond memories of away days with the Cyprus shields branch then the hackle jarrow branch with you in my teens and early 20s

It's so sad that he's just another fan whose dedicated his life to following this team with absolutely nothing back in return there's so many of these guys lots on here included that will die without seeing us win anything ever. It's tragic

Any pictures of him anywhere? I'd probably know him but don't by name.

RIP regardless.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/webimage/1.7564507.1447235621!/image/666772037.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/666772037.jpg

Sad news. He went everwhere with this club and like john alder was one of the most recognisable faces in our support.  As has been mentioned he passed having seen very little reward for his dedication.  He obviously loved his hobby and the toon though.  RIP Cliffy.

Guessed it was him from the descriptions and the picture confirms it. Also wondered where he got the money from for all the games he went to. Always spoke but like some have said sometimes hard to understand. Seemed a real gentle bloke. RIP.