Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Guest thompers

Happy with first half- we killed them and played good football.

very disappointed with 2nd half - 10 men down and they had the upper hand.

Overall - happy for Oba, not complaining about the score but disappointed with how we played esp the second half match and with Roeder - why put Rossi on? He's a Manc who's going back in Jan.

Yes, we are down to threads in regards to our squad but if we are to be considered in the top-tier of the premiership we should run riot over crap teams like blackburn.

I still want Hitzfield.

Are you mental? Open your eyes man!

You are so damn annoying. Every single post is just MEGA BLAH!

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Great performance. After humping them first half, Hughes was always gonna have them fired up in the second. We held on dearly to our lead and then nicked a third at the death.

Mint atmosphere, mint day, another classic away day for the lads!

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..."

First goal wasn't offside. It was a cracking ball over the top, and Martins was a good half-yard behind the defender. Awesome run and an awesome finish. The nearest defender was three miles away by the time Martins struck it.

The second goal was not offside. If you look at N'Zogbia's cross back - yes, Taylor is in an offside position, but N'Zogbia's ball is played backwards - therefore Taylor is onside. Had Zoggy have played the ball forwards, it would have been offside.

It was a red card aswell. Yes, he won the header - but he headed directly into Martins' path. It was a pathetic defensive intervention and an overall rediculous bit of play from Henchoz. Martins may have been wide of the goal, but the nearest defender other than Henchoz was atleast 20 yards away. Martins was all on his own - he would have collected the ball and he would have had a clear goalscoring opportunity. But he was carelessly hauled down.

Referee/linesmen were correct in every manner.

Guest Geordiesned

First goal wasn't offside. It was a cracking ball over the top, and Martins was a good half-yard behind the defender. Awesome run and an awesome finish. The nearest defender was three miles away by the time Martins struck it.

The second goal was not offside. If you look at N'Zogbia's cross back - yes, Taylor is in an offside position, but N'Zogbia's ball is played backwards - therefore Taylor is onside. Had Zoggy have played the ball forwards, it would have been offside.

It was a red card aswell. Yes, he won the header - but he headed directly into Martins' path. It was a pathetic defensive intervention and an overall rediculous bit of play from Henchoz. Martins may have been wide of the goal, but the nearest defender other than Henchoz was atleast 20 yards away. Martins was all on his own - he would have collected the ball and he would have had a clear goalscoring opportunity. But he was carelessly hauled down.

Referee/linesmen were correct in every manner.

What he said.  blueyes.gif

Guest TheOrder

Overall - happy for Oba, not complaining about the score but disappointed with how we played esp the second half match and with Roeder - why put Rossi on? He's a Manc who's going back in Jan.

Yes, we are down to threads in regards to our squad but if we are to be considered in the top-tier of the premiership we should run riot over crap teams like blackburn.

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

You wish you were me, son. :D

Guest MalcolmSm1th

I know they they keep messing with the laws of the game and one of the more recent updates was the offside law so I may be wrong here.  I always understood that it matters not in which direction the player passes the ball but where the other player is in relation to him.

If the second player is behind the first and the first passes the ball I understand that it matters not whether the first is in front, level with or behind the second.

Could someone clarify this for me please?

I know they they keep messing with the laws of the game and one of the more recent updates was the offside law so I may be wrong here. I always understood that it matters not in which direction the player passes the ball but where the other player is in relation to him.

If the second player is behind the first and the first passes the ball I understand that it matters not whether the first is in front, level with or behind the second.

I don't really follow you, but i know that i'm right. :D

Taken from wikipedia,

A player is in an offside position if "he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent

Since the ball would be nearer the opponents' goal line if it was passed backwards, the second player would be onside no matter where the rest of the opponent's team is.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Let me explain.  Player A has the ball, player B is about ten yards behind him.  There's no defenders apart from the goalkeeper.

Player A passes the ball to player B.  Since player B is BEHIND player A then I think it's not offisde and I believe that it doesn't matter if he passes forwards or not.

Unless, of course, this part of the law has changed.  Before the update of the offside law the direction of the movement of the ball wasn't of any consequence.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Taken from wikipedia,

A player is in an offside position if "he is nearer to his opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second to last opponent

Since the ball would be nearer the opponents' goal line if it was passed backwards, the second player would be onside no matter where the rest of the opponent's team is.

Right.  So the person with the ball could pass the ball forwards for the player behind him to run onto.  So what I am saying is that the DIRECTION of the pass makes no difference.    It's the positions of where the players are which is important.

Guest nufcandy

am just over the moon, simple as really

p.s. robbie savage is such a prick, and what a mint atomsphere in the pub before and in the ground

Just saw some portions of the game (something fucked up the recording :(). Saw most of first half and we were clearly the better side. Martins goal was class and not even close to being off-side, though it would've been typical for us (and especially for Martins)  to have it disallowed.

Just caught the last 15 minutes or so from the second half, and can't really say too much about it, of course they are going to put pressure on us, even though they're one down, we'd expect us to it if it was us who were one down at SJP.

Another good goal from Martins, got past two men and finished it well.

Guest thompers

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

:lol: About as much as I wish I was a malnourished aids victim

I know they they keep messing with the laws of the game and one of the more recent updates was the offside law so I may be wrong here. I always understood that it matters not in which direction the player passes the ball but where the other player is in relation to him.

I don't really follow you, but i know that i'm right. :D

You're wrong (Unless the rule has changed since I did my refereeing course - in which case I apologise). The ball being played backwards does not mean someone is onside. If Taylor was behind the ball, he can't be offside. If he was in front of it, then he can, regardless of whether it's played backwards. I've got a feeling he was in front of the ball (and thus offside), and moved back to hit it in.

But is should have been a pen anyway  :winking:

Guest TheOrder

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

Aye, tekking after your mar then, aye?

Guest thompers

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

Look, you annoyance. The way you spell is as bad as text speak, and I would have banned you ages ago had I the capabilities. You're always popping into threads and contributing attempted wit and/or humour, but you're the ultimate bore. You're not witty, your sarcasm isn't funny and the way you type is just fucking annoying.

Not 'tekkin' the piss either. Stick that in yer pipe n smoke it laddy ayeeee

Guest TheOrder

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

Look, you annoyance. The way you spell is as bad as text speak, and I would have banned you ages ago had I the capabilities. You're always popping into threads and contributing attempted wit and/or humour, but you're the ultimate bore. You're not witty, your sarcasm isn't funny and the way you type is just f***ing annoying.

Christ, you've really had too much chocolate haven't you thompers?

Either that, or your just rock solid like.

Guest thompers

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

Look, you annoyance. The way you spell is as bad as text speak, and I would have banned you ages ago had I the capabilities. You're always popping into threads and contributing attempted wit and/or humour, but you're the ultimate bore. You're not witty, your sarcasm isn't funny and the way you type is just f***ing annoying.

Another classic Rocker overused phrase.

"Solid you like" and stuff along those lies. I've never once insinuated that I was solid at all, in the slightest. Just another child/chav-like comeback that we've become used to off you. Not inventive, not smart, not clever, not funny. Just the same old shit over and over.

Facts are Taylor is in front of Zog and only has one defender  (keeper) in front of him. Zog plays the ball backwards. Speculation. Since the ball is clearly not for Taylor, being hit backwards when Taylor is in front of him then Taylor is not active in this period of play. By time the ball hits MGP's hand Taylor is onside and scores with ease. Clearly the correct decision.

Guest TheOrder

I still want Hitzfield.

Pardon, mate?

Another classic Rocker overused phrase.

"Solid you like" and stuff along those lies. I've never once insinuated that I was solid at all, in the slightest. Just another child/chav-like comeback that we've become used to off you. Not inventive, not smart, not clever, not funny. Just the same old shit over and over.

I'm the most un-chavviest person in the world. I'm educated and I'm in a decent job. I'm engaged to my fiance (who is in her third year of her law LLB exemption degree at Northumbria Uni), and we're buying a house this year.

(I know, i deserve a medal)

While your just thompers. Quite sad, isnt it.

Although, the way people are in forums, can be quite different from 'real life'. (

I assume your probably not a c*** in real life.

I mean, the people i've met from this forum alone, are all either graduates from Uni, or are currently studying at University. And most of them talk bollocks on here. I'm sure you're lovely.

Howay mate, I'm sure there's a smile just waiting to creep on your face now. I love you. The quicker you realise that, the better.