Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts.

BlufPurdi

Oh aye wor little Oba was through all the way dirty fker had him  in a headlock first, he ducked out of that  so he grabbed him on the way doon made sur ehe was not going to get through. Red card all day!!

Fantastic result against a thuggish team.

Their goal was excellent but he could have been, and should have been, closed down.

Thought we went into our shell when Emre went off.

Performances are improving though.

Roll on Chelsea....

Forgot Milner!

I know Gray's shite but you can only play what's in front of you and Milner spanked him.

Excellent all round performance (even at right-back) and good final ball.

Guest DONTOONER

Just back from the match...

Mint 1st half and cracking goal from Obafemi! But Given kept us in it with a cracking save from a corner. Couldn't honestly tell ya who scored the second goal or how it went in, but was chuffed to hear that Taylor scored it.

Red card was harsh I thought at the time cause Martins was so far wide, but I would have to see it again to be fully sure tbh.

We cam out for the 2nd half like we'd already won it and they deserved the goal and it was a cracker too.

Martins was so cool for the 3rd. People shouting shoot from the half way line, beat 1st man, 40 yards out, shout shoot ya bastard... beats the 2nd man... taps in from 20 yards. Cue back flip and kissing the badge in front of the fans and cue mint celebrations from us!

Mint result, but they're a buch of dirty fuckers and hope they go down, although I do enjoy going there and battering them.

Song of the day. Tune of "Drink drink wherever you may be..."

"Antoine Siberiski

He is French and he's baldy!

He ain't Ketsbaia, he ain't Rob Lee

He is Antoine Sibierski!!"

Awesome report~ :thup: :thup:

Couldnt stop laughing when i read that...

Just back from the match...

Mint 1st half and cracking goal from Obafemi! But Given kept us in it with a cracking save from a corner. Couldn't honestly tell ya who scored the second goal or how it went in, but was chuffed to hear that Taylor scored it.

Red card was harsh I thought at the time cause Martins was so far wide, but I would have to see it again to be fully sure tbh.

We cam out for the 2nd half like we'd already won it and they deserved the goal and it was a cracker too.

Martins was so cool for the 3rd. People shouting shoot from the half way line, beat 1st man, 40 yards out, shout shoot ya bastard... beats the 2nd man... taps in from 20 yards. Cue back flip and kissing the badge in front of the fans and cue mint celebrations from us!

Mint result, but they're a buch of dirty fuckers and hope they go down, although I do enjoy going there and battering them.

Song of the day. Tune of "Drink drink wherever you may be..."

"Antoine Siberiski

He is French and he's baldy!

He ain't Ketsbaia, he ain't Rob Lee

He is Antoine Sibierski!!"

Awesome report~ :thup: :thup:

Couldnt stop laughing when i read that...

Cracking review mate  :thup:

Always love to see players kiss the badge. :D

I feel a bit annoyed by Pedersen's tackle on Emre. He knew what he was doing. He knew he wasn't going to get the ball, but carried on with the challenge.

There were a lot of tackles by Blackburn that were a bit (cough) over-enthusiastic. The ref should have been a bit stricter.

I liked the look of Huntingdon. He looked very calm and composed considering he was being shoved on in a very difficult situation - defending a lead away from home against a team who were throwing the kitchen sink at us. Impossible to judge his ability, but he looked to have the mental strength.

We did look weak in the air in defence though. When Pedersen can beat your centre backs in the air, you've got problems. No way should we be getting rid of Bramble.

The spirit of the team looked very good, which Roeder has to take some credit for.

I feel a bit annoyed by Pedersen's tackle on Emre. He knew what he was doing. He knew he wasn't going to get the ball, but carried on with the challenge.

There were a lot of tackles by Blackburn that were a bit (cough) over-enthusiastic. The ref should have been a bit stricter.

I liked the look of Huntingdon. He looked very calm and composed considering he was being shoved on in a very difficult situation - defending a lead away from home against a team who were throwing the kitchen sink at us. Impossible to judge his ability, but he looked to have the mental strength.

We did look weak in the air in defence though. When Pedersen can beat your centre backs in the air, you've got problems. No way should we be getting rid of Bramble.

The spirit of the team looked very good, which Roeder has to take some credit for.

to be fair,emre does one or two of those himself!!

HUGE three points today in inbred country, fucking wankas, we took over Blackburn. The attendance was 19,000 but If the toon fans didnt go it would have been 14,000. shite fans, shite ground, shite team and shite town.

to be fair,emre does one or two of those himself!!

My guess is that during the interval, Hughes told his side that we were pissing all over them in front of their own fans, and what were they going to do about it. Emre was dominating them, and they were keen to take him out.

Happy with first half- we killed them and played good football.

very disappointed with 2nd half - 10 men down and they had the upper hand.

Overall - happy for Oba, not complaining about the score but disappointed with how we played esp the second half match and with Roeder - why put Rossi on? He's a Manc who's going back in Jan.

Yes, we are down to threads in regards to our squad but if we are to be considered in the top-tier of the premiership we should run riot over crap teams like blackburn.

I still want Hitzfield.

Mark Hughes has made himself look really stupid with all his moaning, especially about our 'Off side' goals: -

From The Sun

Hughes said: "For the first goal, when the ball was played forward, Martins was offside.

"The second was even more offside because if you look at it again Taylor is standing in an offside position when the ball goes out wide and is crossed into the box.

"It breaks to him and he scores the goal, so surely he is interfering with play. You cannot get more interfering than by scoring a goal.

"I had a chat with referees' chief Keith Hackett for a couple of hours this week.

"He was explaining the first phase, second phase rule to me, and if I am right then Taylor was offside."

Hughes said: "I need to be careful because every time I question these big decisions that go against us I get a letter from the Football Association.

"My interpretation of the sending-off is that Stephane made a good challenge in the air, and headed the ball away and has then come down on the back of the Nigerian player's legs.

"If you are harsh you would argue that it was foul. It would be too hard for a yellow card.

"But for the referee to view that as a sending-off offence, he would have to sit down with me and explain his interpretation because it is at odds with my own.

"The ball was running through to Brad Friedel. He was the favourite, so in no way was that a goal-scoring opportunity. I have no idea why it was viewed that way."

And asked if he would appeal Hughes replied: "Yes, absolutely. I will talk to my chairman but I am sure we will."

Yes, he accidentally wrapped his arm around "the Nigerian" players legs as he fell on him. They keep going on about the fact that Martins was 40 yards from goal but as everyone knows Martins is one of the fastest players there is and nobody else could have caught him so it was a clear goal scoring chance denied.

I hate the way the post match interviews just let the managers talk crap. So when Hughes says both goals were offside and Henchoz was unlucky the interviewer should have said

'Mark, the TV replays show both goals are onside and that Hechoz deliberatly fouls Martins and if the referee had seen this (shows clip of Pedersen fouling Emre) you'll agree you were lucky to keep 10 men on the field.'

That would put the f**ker in his place

Mark Hughes has made himself look really stupid with all his moaning, especially about our 'Off side' goals: -

From The Sun

Hughes said: "For the first goal, when the ball was played forward, Martins was offside.

"The second was even more offside because if you look at it again Taylor is standing in an offside position when the ball goes out wide and is crossed into the box.

"It breaks to him and he scores the goal, so surely he is interfering with play. You cannot get more interfering than by scoring a goal.

"I had a chat with referees' chief Keith Hackett for a couple of hours this week.

"He was explaining the first phase, second phase rule to me, and if I am right then Taylor was offside."

Hughes said: "I need to be careful because every time I question these big decisions that go against us I get a letter from the Football Association.

"My interpretation of the sending-off is that Stephane made a good challenge in the air, and headed the ball away and has then come down on the back of the Nigerian player's legs.

"If you are harsh you would argue that it was foul. It would be too hard for a yellow card.

"But for the referee to view that as a sending-off offence, he would have to sit down with me and explain his interpretation because it is at odds with my own.

"The ball was running through to Brad Friedel. He was the favourite, so in no way was that a goal-scoring opportunity. I have no idea why it was viewed that way."

And asked if he would appeal Hughes replied: "Yes, absolutely. I will talk to my chairman but I am sure we will."

What the fuck was MH watching?

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Garth Crooks says the henchoz red card was harsh and Emre "ran the show" and was "targeted" by the rovers players.

It was harsh but the referee did have time to consider.  Though the incident happened away from the goal it was clear that if Henchoz didn't grab the shirt at the top of Martins' right shoulder then he would have been through on a one on one against the keeper.

The hauling down was not accidental and it was a foul for sure.  Now, despite Hughes' total failure of grasping the geography of his own ground ("the ball was going away from the goal") the ball was actually heading for a corner parallel to the touchline.  I have doubts as to whether Martins would have got to the ball as it was Henchoz who headed it backwards.

I judged the situation as even though it would have been a one-on-one if Martins got the ball but I don't think, as fast as he is, that he wouldn't have got to the ball before it rolled over the dead ball line.  If he did then he'd be in a lousy position with the ball anyway.  I would have said that, in this case, a yellow card and a serious telling off would have been more suitable.

As for the challenge on Emre.  I am disgusted with Pedersen.  He went for him; that is clear as he had two attempts at him.  I don't think he went to break his ankle but he certainly went in to cause pain and it was the second attempt, the stamp, which caused the damage.    On top of that I thought it was disgusting that Pedersen was given the Man Of The Match award over the Tannoy.

So it's Chelsea away on Wednesday.  This is going to be really bad with this current crop of injuries.

I would love to see the FA take a view on Hughes' players and their style of play.  What went on yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Re Hughes' comment about Taylor's goal.  Did he forget to mention that the referee could have blown for a handball before Taylor thumped it into the net and that Rovers were fortunate then not to have a penalty there and then and also for them to have their first sending off?

No.  I thought not.

Guest TheOrder

Happy with first half- we killed them and played good football.

very disappointed with 2nd half - 10 men down and they had the upper hand.

Overall - happy for Oba, not complaining about the score but disappointed with how we played esp the second half match and with Roeder - why put Rossi on? He's a Manc who's going back in Jan.

Yes, we are down to threads in regards to our squad but if we are to be considered in the top-tier of the premiership we should run riot over crap teams like blackburn.

I still want Hitzfield.

Are you mental? Open your eyes man!