sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice result tonight. :lol:

Gotta wonder how long before Short will panic and pull the trigger again.... and then where he might turn?

But, given their track record with managerial appointments and tenures over the last few years, who would take it (if they sack Moyes)??

As if they would sack Moyes :lol:

He's probably their only hope of staying up in a sad world where survival artists like Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis and Pardew can become superstar managers just by dint of being English. Oh yeah, I forgot about Bruce. :lol:

*cough*

I still strongly suspect Moyes will bring stability if they survive this season, but I think that's a big if.

Nice result tonight. :lol:

Gotta wonder how long before Short will panic and pull the trigger again.... and then where he might turn?

But, given their track record with managerial appointments and tenures over the last few years, who would take it (if they sack Moyes)??

As if they would sack Moyes :lol:

He's probably their only hope of staying up in a sad world where survival artists like Allardyce, Moyes, Pulis and Pardew can become superstar managers just by dint of being English. Oh yeah, I forgot about Bruce. :lol:

If they want to stay up this season there best hope is to wait for Moyes's traditional second half of the season revival that he tends to have but if they want to risk that, then wait till Pulis leaves WBA and get him in there ASAP.

Edit: Wow reading RTG, there's A LOT of anti Moyes stuff there. He's not going to be given time I don't think.

I normally associate Moyes with decent defending but their CHs were statuesque in the highlights. Lukaku was in miles of space.

I actually thought they were the better side in the first 20 mins, Defoe had a great chance, they tackled better and Gooch looked a threat. Trouble was they went to fuck after the first goal. They will be in and around the bottom 5 and survive somehow, they always do.

Literally gone into meltdown

We are experiencing some problems with the caching server which has temporarily been disabled.

This means the site may respond slower than usual at busy periods.

The site may go down temporarily and/or you may have to logon multiple times whilst we fix the problem.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It literally has blown up tonight.

They'll be absolutely "seething" on there tonight. And I dare bet one or two will be rattled too.

Fewmin.

Got away with only a 3-0 hiding. 1 point out of 12, in 19th place, Spurs away on Sunday. Is this what they were celebrating in May for? Getting absolutely cunted every week, nothing to enjoy, nothing to get positive about, nothing to get behind, can't even stay until the final whistle but at least they're in the premier league.

Aye and 6 in a row marra #ftm #poocastle #9-1

Got away with only a 3-0 hiding. 1 point out of 12, in 19th place, Spurs away on Sunday. Is this what they were celebrating in May for? Getting absolutely cunted every week, nothing to enjoy, nothing to get positive about, nothing to get behind, can't even stay until the final whistle but at least they're in the premier league.

:lol:

I normally associate Moyes with decent defending but their CHs were statuesque in the highlights. Lukaku was in miles of space.

I wonder why when their best central defender was stopped from leaving for a better club by Moyes? Now Moyes is publicly blaming his defence for going AWOL yesterday, some great man management on show here.

From all the noise you hear about Moyes at Sunderland the players absolutely hate him. Fans aren't too far off either. Guessing him slating his defence then saying he's going to have a go at them and ask them why they can't do their jobs properly will change that.

Guest firetotheworks

Moyes seems past it tbf

That's not really based on anything imo. Man United was a poison chalice and everyone could see that they needed a massive overhaul/massively overachieved with the team from the season before. Real Sociedad aren't the sort of team to be pulling up trees in La Liga and even though he didn't do well, it's not unlike them to be in those positions, and he was only given one year in a country speaking another language. You can't just write off his 11 years at Everton because of 2 seasons at other clubs.

Whilst he probably should be given time (god knows, at least one manager needs to be, at that place!), I just think if the results don't improve, the slackjaws will get even more restless, and Short will panic (again).

Di Canio and Advocaat both left in September and October respectively after poor starts - and Moyes doesn't even have the comfort of having kept them up last year! Suppose he does have the excuse that he was brought in late in the summer and didn't have a full preseason to work with the players... but how long will that hold up if the results don't pick up?

I've got to say I find it hilarious that before the season started my Sunderland supporting friend was doubting how much we would be behind Rafa if we didn't start the season well, thinking we would turn on him really quickly after a couple of defeats. Fast forward a few weeks, we're fully behind Rafa, our season seems to be going in the right direction and they're calling for Moyes' head and seemingly in disarray. I must remind him about that conversation at the weekend.

From all the noise you hear about Moyes at Sunderland the players absolutely hate him. Fans aren't too far off either. Guessing him slating his defence then saying he's going to have a go at them and ask them why they can't do their jobs properly will change that.

I've never been a fan of Moyes or his miserable football, but he's about the best manager Sunderland could get. But there again, he probably hates the place like most of his players so how much motivating he'll be able to do is debatable.