sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought he was and relied on commentary.

Well, I don't know, I think he could see a bit, but not enough to take it all in, maybe some of both. He was on TV a few years back. We shouldn't be speculating on somebody's level of disability like, the lad's dealing with it as best he can. Still spectacularly mackemesque though.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd have to agree like. I'm not a huge fan of Moyes, but give him time and enough resources and he could turn SAFC into his version of Everton, easily. And for them, that's probably the best they could hope for unless daft Arab City like changes happened and even then... which world class player/manager is gonna want to work and live in sunderland....

I'd have to agree like. I'm not a huge fan of Moyes, but give him time and enough resources and he could turn SAFC into his version of Everton, easily. And for them, that's probably the best they could hope for unless daft Arab City like changes happened and even then... which world class player/manager is gonna want to work and live in sunderland....

I cant fully agree with that, but, if they do stay up, I don't believe a Rafa side will ever finish below a Moyes side.

I do think some managers get a lot of stick for everything wrong at clubs, often, it's a case of bad fit. Often you have a club who are a shambles internally right through, like Sunderland and us until Benitez. You either succeeded (in terms of staying in the job nothing else) here like Pardew did by sucking up to the owner to excuse the lack of results and infectious lack of ambition, or you tried to change things, which I think McClaren probably tried a bit with the right intentions but had nowhere near the leverage Benitez had (and not would he ever have been as good at it), but I do remember them bringing in Cathro at the time and trying to make it look like a clean sweep.

Same with players, you get a bunch of toxic players, and there is way too much player power clearly, and they want a manager out the club is going to underperform. Some managers need control of everything, others need a full set of coaches etc and a hands on chief executive and are best just handling the matches on the day. It's why sometimes the old bitterness of managers not being given enough time is both true, but frustrating for fans at clubs because clearly managers aren't always the right fit and no amount of games will change that. Sometimes patience is of course needed.

As for Moyes at Sunderland? Probably right fit in the long term, think he suits underdog team more than Man U ever, but he won't get the support in terms of transfers from the owners and he's too honest to pretend to be happy about it so I can't see him lasting much longer if things carry on as they are. I think maybe rather than waiting for a rescue job like Sunderland he needed to take a pay cut and go take on a project at a championship team and take them up, like Benitez clearly saw the opportunity to do with us. (He is not as good as Benitez mind, he's clearly one of those fairly average premier league managers like Mark Hughes who given the backing will deliver you 8th, Man U has scuppered him in many ways)

I enjoy laughing at Sunderland so I hope he can't lift them any further, but I think he'll get them safe then walk when he gets no transfer budget. The mackems will try sending him flowers and stuff to get him to stay again  :lol:

Blind. Literally.

He is aye. He lives just down the road from me in Annfield Plain. He often gets into one of the local bars (The Coach and Horses) and his crack is utter turd when it comes to NUFC.

Anyone that used to listen to the 3 legends radio show will probably think the same.

Hull and Swansea are just asking to go down the way they are being run. Can't get my head round why there owners would carry on like they have when its just going to end one way

One of mackems or Burnley will join them.

They're, their, there, mate.