sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Fair enough.  :thup:

James McClean is a twat etc there's little disputing that, but I respect his decision to not wear the poppy and for him to stand up for his beliefs regarding what happened in Derry on that fateful sunday.  Could had been very easy for him to just wear the poppy and not deal with all the shite he's had his way over it.

Should everyone who dislikes the Royal Family also look for employment in a different country?

Who mentioned the Royal Family?

Surely by your logic that if we dislike something that we pay taxes toward we should seek employment in another country?

The Royal Family is a large part of our history, just like the army

There's a big difference between disliking something, and actively hating something and constantly making statements (political or otherwise) about it.

Like I said earlier, if he really feels that strongly about it, go and play in another country.

why should he have to play in another country because he doesn't wear a poppy? It's not a legal requirement and everyone who lives here is entitled to their own view. Jingoistic poppy fascism is such bollocks.

It is. It's proper embarrasing but it's likely that people who've lost family members during service for the British Army were in the crowd and watching on tv when he's openly making his pathetic little gesture turning his back to them, whether you agree with the sentiment of the poppy, the minutes silence, or the national anthem and/or believe it's jingoistic shite openly making a public stand like that is clearly disrespectful. "Fuck the British Army and fuck your deed kids hahaha I'm proper ginger and wild"

He's a proper little cock and the backwards as fuck logic the people of Derry are brought up with shouldn't be just accepted because it's their opinion in a free country, the same as the opinion of the jingoistic poppy knackers clearly isn't.

:lol: what? what has the anthem got to do with the military anyway? so by your logic every single person should be forced to sing and stand for the national anthem because there might happen to be family members of the britsh army in the vicinity. Do me a fucking favour man

The anthem was played as they were making a display of respect towards people who have been killed at war. Whether you believe that is over the top or jingoistic or whatever it isn't really the place to be making a public display of disrespect.

'The People of Derry' get a free pass to be antagonistic arseholes because some tragedy happened about 50 year ago.

You sure about that? I thought it was just played because it was in America and they play the national anthems for games over there?

I'll have a look, if it isn't I'm talking shite :lol:

I remember him turning his back before a game when at West Brom and the reason (at least reported) was in defiance to British war dead. If I'm talking bollocks and it was just literally him not wanting to be involved in the national anthem with no association arminance day to  then I take it all back :lol: I don't really have any issue with him not wearing the poppy although I find it slightly weird.

I don't know how you find it weird him not wearing the poppy. The poppy commemorates those who died in service to the British Army. Some of those will have been those who killed innocent people who were neighbours of his family members. Simple as that really

Because it's perpetuated hatred. You have to move on eventually and the very vast majority of people who have died in the British Army are not arseholes. I get that he'd get loads of stick back home so I can see why he wouldn't do it but Derry's never forgive attitude is the wrong way to go about things no matter which way you look at it imo.

I'm not saying they should all be wearing the poppy with pride or out, and I agree that poppy culture has went over the top.

Should everyone who dislikes the Royal Family also look for employment in a different country?

Who mentioned the Royal Family?

Surely by your logic that if we dislike something that we pay taxes toward we should seek employment in another country?

The Royal Family is a large part of our history, just like the army

There's a big difference between disliking something, and actively hating something and constantly making statements (political or otherwise) about it.

Like I said earlier, if he really feels that strongly about it, go and play in another country.

why should he have to play in another country because he doesn't wear a poppy? It's not a legal requirement and everyone who lives here is entitled to their own view. Jingoistic poppy fascism is such bollocks.

It is. It's proper embarrasing but it's likely that people who've lost family members during service for the British Army were in the crowd and watching on tv when he's openly making his pathetic little gesture turning his back to them, whether you agree with the sentiment of the poppy, the minutes silence, or the national anthem and/or believe it's jingoistic shite openly making a public stand like that is clearly disrespectful. "Fuck the British Army and fuck your deed kids hahaha I'm proper ginger and wild"

He's a proper little cock and the backwards as fuck logic the people of Derry are brought up with shouldn't be just accepted because it's their opinion in a free country, the same as the opinion of the jingoistic poppy knackers clearly isn't.

:lol: what? what has the anthem got to do with the military anyway? so by your logic every single person should be forced to sing and stand for the national anthem because there might happen to be family members of the britsh army in the vicinity. Do me a fucking favour man

The anthem was played as they were making a display of respect towards people who have been killed at war. Whether you believe that is over the top or jingoistic or whatever it isn't really the place to be making a public display of disrespect.

'The People of Derry' get a free pass to be antagonistic arseholes because some tragedy happened about 50 year ago.

You sure about that? I thought it was just played because it was in America and they play the national anthems for games over there?

I'll have a look, if it isn't I'm talking shite :lol:

I remember him turning his back before a game when at West Brom and the reason (at least reported) was in defiance to British war dead. If I'm talking bollocks and it was just literally him not wanting to be involved in the national anthem with no association arminance day to  then I take it all back :lol: I don't really have any issue with him not wearing the poppy although I find it slightly weird.

I don't know how you find it weird him not wearing the poppy. The poppy commemorates those who died in service to the British Army. Some of those will have been those who killed innocent people who were neighbours of his family members. Simple as that really

Because it's perpetuated hatred. You have to move on eventually and the very vast majority of people who have died in the British Army are not arseholes. I get that he'd get loads of stick back home so I can see why he wouldn't do it but Derry's never forgive attitude is the wrong way to go about things no matter which way you look at it imo.

I'm not saying they should all be wearing the poppy with pride or out, and I agree that poppy culture has went over the top.

Fair enough but its a lot easier to say that when you haven't grown up in that environment. No point having another argument anyway

Guest neesy111

Their next appointment is huge like. If its not someone remotely decent they won't get out of that league for ages

Could get out of that division very soon IMO

Hopefully.

When you read this post from RTG, relegation for them becomes a real high possibility :lol:

This Morning

Points - 10

Games played - 15

Pts/Game - 0.67

Projected pts over season - 30.67

Points away from safety last season - 20.33 (and we need goal difference in our favour on top)

Pts now needed per game to get safe last season - 1.354

Pts over a full season if we could average 1.354 - 62.32

Position last season if we got 62 points - 11th

This Evening

Points - 10

Games played - 16

Pts/Game - 0.625

Projected pts over season - 28.75

Points away from safety last season - 22.25 (and we need goal difference in our favour on top)

Pts now needed per game to get safe last season - 1.4

Pts over a full season if we could average 1.4 - 64.4

Position last season if we got 64 points - 10th

Every week we don't win this just gets worse and worse.

We are asking for a team collecting points at 0.625 per game to suddenly become a team that gets 1.4 points per game.

That's an improvement of 224% required just to scrape safety on goal difference!

When you read this post from RTG, relegation for them becomes a real high possibility :lol:

This Morning

Points - 10

Games played - 15

Pts/Game - 0.67

Points away from safety last season - 20.33 (and we need goal difference in our favour on top)

This Evening

Points - 10

Games played - 16

Pts/Game - 0.625

Points away from safety last season - 22.25 (and we need goal difference in our favour on top)

We are asking for a team collecting points at 0.625 per game to suddenly become a team that gets 1.4 points per game.

That's an improvement of 224% required just to scrape safety on goal difference!

f***ing hell thats bleak

Sounds worst than it is.

If they get a good manager in who can motivate the players and get some momentum going for them the outlook will change very quickly.

Heres hoping they hire another fool and the team continues to play like they’re not even arsed.

This Morning

Points - 10

Games played - 15

Pts/Game - 0.67

This Evening

Points - 10

Games played - 16

Pts/Game - 0.625

f***ing hell thats bleak

Sounds worst than it is.

If they get a good manager in who can motivate the players and get some momentum going for them the outlook will change very quickly.

Heres hoping they hire another fool and the team continues to play like they’re not even arsed.

:yao:

This Morning

Points - 10

Games played - 15

Pts/Game - 0.67

This Evening

Points - 10

Games played - 16

Pts/Game - 0.625

f***ing hell thats bleak

Sounds worst than it is.

Exactly. After reading all that the bottom line is they're still only 3 points from safety.