Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I actually don't know whether I want him to stay or go now. I guess I will be able to follow games until the end of the season...

Reckon the former would probably be better like.

I dunno, just to resign at the end of the season? I'd be tempted to just get it over with so I can find something else to do with my time.

MA has his profile of the type of players he wants to sign and despite all the posturing he was going to try and push Benitez into buying into that ideal.

Well it hasn't worked and so he is now effectively trying to squeeze Rafa out of the club. Simple as that.

Why not just find someone with ability that is happy to work with the young players you prefer to buy, someone int he profile of the Huddersfield manager for example.

Such a sloppy lazy piece of shit guy man. Just fuck off.

I don't think Benitez has a problem with buying young players. He just wants good players. Murphy and Merino are Benitez type players but also Ashley type players. I'm sure Nickson scouted them both at the U21 tournament. I'm sure we tried for more players of that ilk too but we didn't pay enough.

What exactly have the Gold|Sullivan|Brady axis got that is better than Ashley? Perhaps Rafa gets the  "f*ck you I am off" factor. Other than that they are equally as s*** as Ashley imo. This is the world we live in..

They'l let him buy the players he actually wants. Like they did Allardyce and like they did Bilic. That is all Rafa wants!

Not convinced West Ham will be a good move for him tbh, those owners are wacky and they have a terribly inbalanced squad he would have to work with for at least 6 month. He may sit tight here and wait out for a proper job to come open.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4842066/Rafa-Benitez-raging-Newcastle-fail-sign-new-players.html

Rafa Benitez is furious after Newcastle failed to sign a single player during the final fortnight of the transfer window.

The Spaniard expected arrivals after offloading high-earners Emmanuel Riviere, Siem de Jong, Grant Hanley and Tim Krul.

A loan move for Southampton left back Matt Targett collapsed on Thursday evening, while the club conceded defeat in their pursuit of Chelsea’s Kenedy. Benitez had also wanted a goalkeeper and striker.

He has signed off from the summer having spent around £40million on six players and he believes owner Mike Ashley has not come good on promises he made over investment in May.

Only last week Benitez said he was no longer thinking of his job as a long-term project.

He is unlikely to quit — he would have to pay a year’s salary of £5m if he did — but there is the prospect of a club like West Ham offering to cover such a penalty should they want him.

Ashley does not want to lose Benitez but the club’s hierarchy are annoyed by the manager’s continued comments to the press.

It will be interesting to see what Benitez says when he faces the media ahead of next weekend’s trip to Swansea.

MA has his profile of the type of players he wants to sign and despite all the posturing he was going to try and push Benitez into buying into that ideal.

Well it hasn't worked and so he is now effectively trying to squeeze Rafa out of the club. Simple as that.

Why not just find someone with ability that is happy to work with the young players you prefer to buy, someone int he profile of the Huddersfield manager for example.

Such a sloppy lazy piece of s*** guy man. Just f*** off.

I don't think Benitez has a problem with buying young players. He just wants good players. Murphy and Merino are Benitez type players but also Ashley type players. I'm sure Nickson scouted them both at the U21 tournament. I'm sure we tried for more players of that ilk too but we didn't pay enough.

Rafa made a point of emphasising the importance of experience time and time again, and was made to think this would not be a problem.

He asked what the budget and wage allowance was and whether he could sign anyone that fit, and he was made to believe that would be fine,so why did it never come together?

MA wants young and relatively cheap. Even that Murphy fee was at the higher end of what he would want.

Not convinced West Ham will be a good move for him tbh, those owners are wacky and they have a terribly inbalanced squad he would have to work with for at least 6 month. He may sit tight here and wait out for a proper job to come open.

He chose Newcastle with worse so why not West Ham. As I said I think people are kidding themselves if they genuinely think he will stay. Today was the straw that broke the camels back

What exactly have the Gold|Sullivan|Brady axis got that is better than Ashley? Perhaps Rafa gets the  "f*ck you I am off" factor. Other than that they are equally as s*** as Ashley imo. This is the world we live in..

Ashley ever spent 20m on a player?

No. Is that the test? Ffs they are all cunts, he won't get anything better from West Ham than he did from us. If a proper football club wanted him I would get it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4842066/Rafa-Benitez-raging-Newcastle-fail-sign-new-players.html

Rafa Benitez is furious after Newcastle failed to sign a single player during the final fortnight of the transfer window.

The Spaniard expected arrivals after offloading high-earners Emmanuel Riviere, Siem de Jong, Grant Hanley and Tim Krul.

A loan move for Southampton left back Matt Targett collapsed on Thursday evening, while the club conceded defeat in their pursuit of Chelsea’s Kenedy. Benitez had also wanted a goalkeeper and striker.

He has signed off from the summer having spent around £40million on six players and he believes owner Mike Ashley has not come good on promises he made over investment in May.

Only last week Benitez said he was no longer thinking of his job as a long-term project.

He is unlikely to quit — he would have to pay a year’s salary of £5m if he did — but there is the prospect of a club like West Ham offering to cover such a penalty should they want him.

Ashley does not want to lose Benitez but the club’s hierarchy are annoyed by the manager’s continued comments to the press.

It will be interesting to see what Benitez says when he faces the media ahead of next weekend’s trip to Swansea.

And there you have it. MA annoyed with Benitez trying to coax the better out of him. guarantee he is behind the push to get him to West Ham. Disgusting.

leaving and firing up the old football manager would be a good move for him at this point

Best move for all of us tbh, at least until Ashley fucks off.

Honestly man the papers will have had all these articles already typed last January man. They just want to be the first to report shit regardless of whether it has any validity.

I think I need to avoid this forum for now [emoji38] for a week when it gets back to football.

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiments but the media will whip this up into a worse scenario if we let it too. Not that they'd be the main culprits like obviously.

For now we need to hope Rafa rides this one last punch and pulls out a miracle until January. That will be the third strike and out. I hope...At least

Ashley ever spent 20m on a player?

No. Is that the test? Ffs they are all c***s, he won't get anything better from West Ham than he did from us. If a proper football club wanted him I would get it.

Not really but i really don't think the west ham ownership is worse than ours. No way

Well I really don't think it is better. So I go back to my original post...

Guest firetotheworks

They've backed their manager and spent money on players. It's as simple as that, who they are as people is completely irrelevant.

Yeah, I know I'll still follow the club as long as Rafa is here, even if it's postponing the inevitable. But I'm already braced for when I have to walk away.

It was almost easier when we had one of the jokers in charge.  At least you could laugh then (well, not you but, y'knaa).

Honestly man the papers will have had all these articles already typed last January man. They just want to be the first to report s*** regardless of whether it has any validity.

I think I need to avoid this forum for now [emoji38] for a week when it gets back to football.

I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiments but the media will whip this up into a worse scenario if we let it too. Not that they'd be the main culprits like obviously.

For now we need to hope Rafa rides this one last punch and pulls out a miracle until January. That will be the third strike and out. I hope...At least

Absolutely true, there will be a bunch of stories come out about how "furious" he is, without any direct quotes. Gotta take it all with a pinch of salt and just wait for the man to actually speak, he won't be happy, but I'm not gonna believe a word in the papers until it's backed up with words from Rafa. IT's all click bait right now.

Tbh like I think it's probably a little sad this but even if everyone on social media put a picture of Rafa for the next few days or upto the Swansea game it'd just be a good subtle little protest but would show our love and support for him even more. Let's face it he is our only current hope.

And to think I thought it was bad when Souness was manager and Shepherd ran the club... it seems a million times better than where we are now (Rafa aside).