Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It is for another time whether the club has learned anything since but it does believe there is currently a major discrepancy in the figures that have emerged since the window closed. They insist more than £40 million has been spent on the six players Newcastle have signed this summer and that the initial incoming figures for their two major sales, Florian Thauvin to Marseille (£10 million) and Lewis Gibson to Everton (£6 million) will be a fraction of the actual total.

They just ignoring the profits from last summer?

Guest firetotheworks

It's so much easier if you just approach the whole thing with the presumption that absolutely everything, no matter how big or small, is a lie. They know they can get away with it because they hold the power, even after Keegan won his case, it didn't change anything about the way that they operate.

“Yes it is unusual,” said Benitez. “But I think it is very good for Newcastle because I am representing the club at the top level, at a prestigious meeting like this. I can make sure I can bring back to Newcastle experience and information from the conference to help the club.”

Absolutely criminal that this means fuck all to the hierarchy at the club.

They should all be hung from the Tyne Bridge.

So one of those articles says that the Barnes guy was haggling over every fine detail of each transfer in a bid to impress MA.

It apparently took him two months to seal each of the LeJeune and Merino deals. As in two months on each deal separately! One of which involved a release clause and the other which was a simple loan :lol:

I'm so fed up man.

This season could turn out to be one of the most embarrassing I can remember. At least when we had mediocre squads before, we had managers from the scrap heap in charge. This time we've got a great manager and given him a Championship squad to work with. We are going to look tight fisted and trying to act above our station at the same time.

Being really pragmatic and drawing all the emotional charge out of it for one second ((I'll be raging again afterwards, just a few seconds of calm.)) It's not the worst squad ever, as its being labelled, which is just unfair on those players. Just going to do a simple comparision to the one that I think is the worst squad we've ever had.

2014/15 vs 2017/8

((Trying to assume who's going to be first choice as best I can, based on what we've seen so far.))

Goalkeepers

Tim Krul > Rob Elliot

Rob Elliot < Karl Darlow

Jak Alnwick < Freddie Woodman

Defenders

Daryl Janmaat < DeAndre Yedlin

Mike Williamson < Florian Lejuene ((By fucking miles.))

Fabricio Coloccini < Ciaran Clark ((Had a really hard time deciding this one, but just think Colo was past his best.))

Paul Dummett = Paul Dummett

Ryan Taylor < Javier Manquillo

Steven Taylor < Jamaal Lascelles

Massadio Haidara = Massadio Haidara

No one < Jesus Gamez

No one < Chancel Mbemba

((Just an opinion, but I think we're so much better in defence now.))

Midfielders

Jack Colback < Jonjo Shelvey

Vurnon Anita < Isaac Hayden

Cheick Tiote < Mikel Merino ((Sorry Cheicky. Just past your best by now.))

Mehdi Abeid > Henri Saivet

Moussa Sissoko > Mo Diame

Remy Cabella < Matt Ritchie

Yoan Gouffran < Christian Atsu

Sammy Ameobi < Jacob Murphy

Gabby Obertan < Rolando Aarons

Siem De Jong < Ayoze Perez

Strikers

Papiss Cisse > Dwight Gayle (Maybe. Though he was a liability that year and missed ten through suspension, Dwight might miss alot through doubting himself. Could easily go the other way.))

Ayoze Perez < Joselu ((Perez just wasn't a striker, hence being pushed out wide later on.))

Riviere < Mitrovic. ((He could spend all season out banned. His contribution would still be more than Riv's was.))

So yeah, In my opinion we've had much worse in the past. That team didn't win till October 18th, had one of the worst finishes I've ever seen and still stayed up.

To call this squad now "The worst we've ever had", as I've seen a lot on twitter today, just isn't fair on those players.

Okay, can stop being pragmatic now.

Fuck off, Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

14/15 was a poor team, but it didn't have Rafa as a manager. I think we can agree that he's the difference. This is still probably the worst NUFC squad I can remember tbh.

Being really pragmatic and drawing all the emotional charge out of it for one second ((I'll be raging again afterwards, just a few seconds of calm.)) It's not the worst squad ever, as its being labelled, which is just unfair on those players. Just going to do a simple comparision to the one that I think is the worst squad we've ever had.

2014/15 vs 2017/8

((Trying to assume who's going to be first choice as best I can, based on what we've seen so far.))

Goalkeepers

Tim Krul > Rob Elliot

Rob Elliot < Karl Darlow

Defenders

Mike Williamson < Florian Lejuene ((By fucking miles.))

Fabricio Coloccini < Ciaran Clark ((Had a really hard time deciding this one, but just think Colo was past his best.))

No one < Jesus Gamez

No one < Chancel Mbemba

Midfielders

Strikers

Papiss Cisse > Dwight Gayle (Maybe. Though he was a liability that year and missed ten through suspension, Dwight might miss alot through doubting himself. Could easily go the other way.))

Ayoze Perez < Joselu ((Perez just wasn't a striker, hence being pushed out wide later on.))

Riviere < Mitrovic. ((He could spend all season out banned. His contribution would still be more than Riv's was.))

So yeah, In my opinion we've had much worse in the past. That team didn't win till October 18th, had one of the worst finishes I've ever seen and still stayed up.

To call this squad now "The worst we've ever had", as I've seen a lot on twitter today, just isn't fair on those players.

Fuck off, Ashley.

Nice positive post. Unfortunately all of the other teams in the league (maybe not all) have improved quicker than we have.

With this squad, barring any injuries or suspensions, Rafa may keep us up. What's the point of being in this league though?

That's a great post by xLiaamx.

Breaking it down like that is a real eye opener to how bad that previous team was. Colback and Anita midfield man. My goodness.

Rafa can still do things with this team no question, but it's just such a shame he wasn't given what he was promised, and therefore the ill feeling is just taking away from everything.

2014/15 vs 2017/8

Goalkeepers

Tim Krul > Rob Elliot

Rob Elliot < Karl Darlow

Defenders

Mike Williamson < Florian Lejuene ((By f***ing miles.))

No one < Jesus Gamez

No one < Chancel Mbemba

Midfielders

Strikers

f*** off, Ashley.

Wijnaldum?

Also I'd argue that as Diame wont be starting its him vs either Hayden or Merino. I'd probably rate Merino higher (going off only one game) but jury is out with Hayden.

Otherwise I agree though.

My mate keeps telling me to relax about this whole situation and try and support the team just so we can instill some positivity. Like fuck I can relax, the very future of Newcastle United as an actual football club is at stake if Rafa goes.

I'm depressed :( Not just because of Deadline Day.. Why why can't we make the most of it when we finally have a great man and manager at the helm willing to stay for the long term and make this club what it should be.