Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Even though Ashely was in the stadium Rafa earlier said he wouldn't be meeting with him yet and that he would have further meetings with Charnely first.  Guess it'd be weird if they at least didn't meet whilst in the same venue.  Would have looked disrespectful from Ashley.

Rafa did say that he wasn't going to meet Ashley but I can only guess that Ashley has witnessed what happened today and doesn't want this to drag on.

Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

@NUFC360 I don't think it was particularly planned - Ashley went down to the manager's office. There'll have to be much more.

George Caulkin

14m14 minutes ago

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Unsurprising, given he was at stadium today, but Ashley has met met Rafa Benitez for talks after today's game. #Nufc

Maybe the result and performance has had a good effect on Ashley.

So hang on, is Ashley running the club again now?

If he takes this decision out of Lee's hands and gives Rafa what he wants it will be the single smartest thing he's ever done.

A manager takes us down and he's a hero, crazy.  :lol: Even a blind man can see the difference he's made in such a short time.  I don't care what happens at this club, I will never forget the day he arrived.  He walked out of the press conference and straight into a training session with the players on their day off, he's a class act.

He's about to hire one and fire the other.

If Ashley gives Rafa the reigns (total control,) then Carr & Charnley are surley redundant?

It's the simple thing to do, but we are talking about our owner who's acted as thick as horse sh*t for nearly a decade.

So hang on, is Ashley running the club again now?

If he takes this decision out of Lee's hands and gives Rafa what he wants it will be the single smartest thing he's ever done.

Just popped in to sign Rafa up for a loyalty card at SportsDirect.

He's about to hire one and fire the other.

If Ashley gives Rafa the reigns (total control,) then Carr & Charnley are surley redundant?

It's the simple thing to do, but we are talking about our owner who's acted as thick as horse sh*t for nearly a decade.

I was thinking Carr would need to be sacked before Rafa takes over?

Seems to mention wanting total control over transfers often.

Listening to Talksport.... National media are desperate for him to go to Everton mind. I'm hoping Everton are stupid and look elsewhere.

on paper it makes a lot of sense, top level manager, lives in the area so much easier on him than commuting to newcastle, plenty of talented players to work with and possible investment from the new owner. Now the Everton fans aren't exactly fond of him but then again it can't be worse than how the chelsea fans acted while he was there

Listening to Talksport.... National media are desperate for him to go to Everton mind. I'm hoping Everton are stupid and look elsewhere.

I have never hated the national media more than i hate them now. Even the likes of BeIn Sports fawning over fat sam for staying up and taking unbridled joy in our relegation. f*** the lot of them. Also, f*** Everton.

I'd imagine Rafa knows a realistic list of players he wants to keep, wonder if he has spoken to any of them about it, and whether that has been put forward to Cashley about whether he stays or not.