Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

I think people are saying Siem de Jong is a better no.10 than Perez and Diame, actually. It's pretty straightforward and absolutely correct, in spite of the fact he's made of glass.

Based on the plethora more goals and assists De Jong has over both Perez and Diame, aye.

That and common sense.

I think people are saying Siem de Jong is a better no.10 than Perez and Diame, actually. It's pretty straightforward and absolutely correct, in spite of the fact he's made of glass.

Based on the plethora more goals and assists De Jong has over both Perez and Diame, aye.

That and common sense.

:rolleyes:

:lol: as if I'm getting stick for mentioning that it would be worth looking at De Jong again. He's undoubtedly a good player, and will never stay fit for season after season, but he's better than Perez and Diame in the no.10 role so it'd be crazy to just bin him off without a thought.

:thup:

In the limited time he's played, he's looked 100% more comfortable on the ball and has better distribution then both Perez and Diame, he's just not particularly pacey.

I think people only remember that miss.

Does his record for Ajax not count either? Scored some important goals in the Champions League against good opposition in the number 10 position iirc.

He played under useless managers when he was fit for us too which you have to remember

:thup:

In the limited time he's played, he's looked 100% more comfortable on the ball and has better distribution then both Perez and Diame, he's just not particularly pacey.

I think people only remember that miss.

Not entirely sure how such a grand statement of de Jong's talents can be made in relation to a player who has featured for 382 minutes for Newcastle United. That's just over 4 matches in two full seasons.

Same goes for Aarons - maybe he's a class player, but it's impossible to judge when he cant get onto a football pitch.

Can't agree it's that open and shut. Perez has the attributes to be a quality number 10 and has put in some great displays there for us. He's just not doing it at present.

FFS. He's shown fuck all, absolutely fuck all, when he HAS managed to get on the pitch. A few nice touches here and there doth not a number 10 make, to paraphrase a mad Frenchman.

Why are you pissing your pants about him so much? He never got a run in the side due to a combination of injuries and McClueless not using him.

Diame has a good game every 3 and Perez isn't suited to #10, so is Rafa going to go out and buy 2 or 3 new #10's this summer? I don't see why suggesting De Jong as part of the squad is so ridiculous to you. He's largely stayed fit this season and is clearly a decent player.

Not even Ken Hamm and the entire creationist brigade does the God-Of-The-Gaps fallacy as well as N-O. Any vacuum in our knowledge of a player is immediately filled with all sorts of amazing things this player's done in our imagination.

Guest chopey

Not even Ken Hamm and the entire creationist brigade does the God-Of-The-Gaps fallacy as well as N-O. Any vacuum in our knowledge of a player is immediately filled with all sorts of amazing things this player's done in our imagination.

You could have just said fuck off.

Does his record for Ajax not count either? Scored some important goals in the Champions League against good opposition in the number 10 position iirc.

He played under useless managers when he was fit for us too which you have to remember

He's only scored against Man City and Dynamo Zagreb in the CL.

You could have just said fuck off.

:lol:

No need for personal insults. I categorize myself as at times falling into that fallacy as I, too, have my own favourites. Like Aarons, I expect him to come back and tear shit up :)

You're right, he scored 3 goals against Man City to help Ajax get 4 points in their Champions League group of Man City, Real Madrid and Dortmund

He's played 846 minutes for us according to transfermarkt for what it's worth, not 382

In the 4 years prior to joining us he had this record:

09/10: 17 goals, 7 assists in 26

10/11: 16 goals, 11 assists in 52

11/12: 17 goals, 12 assists in 39

12/13: 16 goals, 10 assists in 46

13/14: 9 goals, 2 assists in 28

He then had 2 injury hit seasons with us, and now has 6 goals and 2 assists in 20, thats a really good record no matter what league your in, even if the Eredivise is poor quality.

You're right, he scored 3 goals against Man City to help Ajax get 4 points in their Champions League group of Man City, Real Madrid and Dortmund

Perez has also scored (for Newcastle) against Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham x2 and Arsenal. Swings and roundabouts.

de Jong has done absolutely nothing in a Newcastle shirt, which is what matters.

I'm glad the trivial arguments about nothing have started early this international break.

In the 4 years prior to joining us he had this record:

09/10: 17 goals, 7 assists in 26

10/11: 16 goals, 11 assists in 52

11/12: 17 goals, 12 assists in 39

12/13: 16 goals, 10 assists in 46

13/14: 9 goals, 2 assists in 28

He then had 2 injury hit seasons with us, and now has 6 goals and 2 assists in 20, thats a really good record no matter what league your in, even if the Eredivise is poor quality.

Luuk de Jong is a goal scoring machine in that league. Would you have him back too for next season in the PL?

Guest chopey

De Jong, Thauvin & Saivet based on their current form would have p*ssed this league. Imagine them over Perez/Diame, Gouffran/Atsu and Colback man. :lol:

:D

His brother's scored 54 in 91 since going back over there mind :lol:

We need to buy a proper number 10 like, but I'd be more excited with the prospect of Siem behind the striker than Perez or Diame, and you would imagine we'd be looking to shift atleast one of them.