Championship Planning

Tiresias

Double most of those. Other clubs will see Wijnaldum's 10 goals, Sissoko as a French international, Janmaat's assists. All this stuff that masks what they're actually like.

I think most clubs will try and get them for a knock down price given that they'll be desperate to fuck off and we'd need to sell before buying. I can't see us getting what we paid for Wijnaldum.

I couldn't give a flying fuck who leaves. The only players I don't at least mildly despise are Krul and Armstrong and even then Krul's form has waned massively and Armstrong will be ruined if he stays.

Even Perez is playing like he's gone already.

For too long we have been let down by lack of leadership certainly off the pitch but absolutely on it. We have put faith in "talented players" that don't live up to that billing and could care less about this club or its fans.

In the very least we need to add two experienced leaders in central midfield and in defence.

Will be absolutely ecstatic to get rid of the following:

Saylor, Colback, Gouffran, marveaux, tiote, Colo, cisse, dummett, Obertan, ameobi, vukic,

While I think they could be good for us, are actually big problems:

Janmaat, Sissoko - biggest worries about attitude.

Anita - while we have seen flashes of a player he will get bullied in the championship, nothing to believe he will improve.

haidara, mbabu, good - while there is potential there they are too injury prone.

Wijnaldum - if we are playing better as a team he could be great for us but he is not a leader and will likely be a luxury in the championship use the money to buy a leader for our central midfield.

Happy to keep the following:

Aarons, Mitrovic, mbemba, Shelvey, perez, townsend, lascelles, krul, darlow, Armstrong, dejong.

Krul

New RB  mbemba new CB  new lb

Townsend    shelvey  new CB    Aarons

Mitro    perez/Armstrong

What we will sell and keep:

Sell: perez, Mitrovic, wijnaldum, Sissoko, Janmaat, krul, mbemba, Aarons, Shelvey, townsend, cisse, tiote, dejong, marveaux, doumbia

Keep: Elliott, Darlow, dummett, Saylor, Colo, lascelles, haidara, saviet, Obertan, Gouffran, Colback, Armstrong, anita.

For too long we have been let down by lack of leadership certainly off the pitch but absolutely on it. We have put faith in "talented players" that don't live up to that billing and could care less about this club or its fans.

In the very least we need to add two experienced leaders in central midfield and in defence.

Will be absolutely ecstatic to get rid of the following:

Saylor, Colback, Gouffran, marveaux, tiote, Colo, cisse, dummett, Obertan, ameobi, vukic,

While I think they could be good for us, are actually big problems:

Janmaat, Sissoko - biggest worries about attitude.

Anita - while we have seen flashes of a player he will get bullied in the championship, nothing to believe he will improve.

haidara, mbabu, good - while there is potential there they are too injury prone.

Wijnaldum - if we are playing better as a team he could be great for us but he is not a leader and will likely be a luxury in the championship use the money to buy a leader for our central midfield.

Happy to keep the following:

Aarons, Mitrovic, mbemba, Shelvey, perez, townsend, lascelles, krul, darlow, Armstrong, dejong.

Krul

New RB  mbemba new CB  new lb

Townsend    shelvey  new CB    Aarons

Mitro    perez/Armstrong

Sell: perez, Mitrovic, wijnaldum, Sissoko, Janmaat, krul, mbemba, Aarons, Shelvey, townsend, cisse, tiote, dejong, marveaux, doumbia

Keep: Elliott, Darlow, dummett, Saylor, Colo, lascelles, haidara, saviet, Obertan, Gouffran, Colback, Armstrong, anita.

We need a new defence but no doubt will have to sell before we buy and no one will want the useless cunts.

First priority should be a real leader, a proper team captain that actually gets it. If that's a defender then all the better but a half decent defence will also be top of the list. IF Mitro stays him and Arma should in theory be more than adequate for the Championship up front and then the rest will just be fill-ins for the spineless wanks that leave... though bearing in mind the amount of those we have it could well end up leaving us very short-handed.

Guest chopey

First priority should be a real leader, a proper team captain that actually gets it. If that's a defender then all the better but a half decent defence will also be top of the list. IF Mitro stays him and Arma should in theory be more than adequate for the Championship up front and then the rest will just be fill-ins for the spineless wanks that leave... though bearing in mind the amount of those we have it could well end up leaving us very short-handed.

John Terry ?

We need a new defence but no doubt will have to sell before we buy and no one will want the useless cunts.

I reckon that's about right, but how many are out of contract in the summer? I'd kind of hope we'd keep Aarons though.

John Terry ?

Would never drop to the championship. MLS or China..wherever pays the best.

We need at least four leaders 4 two in defence and 2 in midfield. Need an experienced hand up front that we can actually rely on for goals too. A decent mentor for the younger strikers we have .

Whatever we get for tossers such as Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Janmaat etc. I'd like to see this invested in proven Championship players like Ince from Derby and Gray from Burnley (if they don't get promoted). We will need players who know the league. I fear our current bunch won't cope with the physicality too well.

Double most of those. Other clubs will see Wijnaldum's 10 goals, Sissoko as a French international, Janmaat's assists. All this stuff that masks what they're actually like.

There's something to this, I reckon.

Fact is we paid gobs of cash for lots of players having looked at them quite closely - think Thauvin, who we tracked for more than a year. But for all this scouting, we didn't pick up that he was, in fact, quite shit.

It's easy to put together a Youtube package and as you said earlier, agents have a job to do - a job they get well compensated for if they succeed.

If we genuinely want a revolution, then there's a chance of ridiculous player turnover. Whether that is good for Championship planning is a different question...

They took us down they should be made to stay and bring us up again and like someone else said leave sissoko on bench with couple other regulars. Anyway unless Rafa stays I am just not interested and I won't be following next year.. (who am I kidding)

They took us down they should be made to stay and bring us up again and like someone else said leave sissoko on bench with couple other regulars. Anyway unless Rafa stays I am just not interested and I won't be following next year.. (who am I kidding)

They're probably not capable of that.

Its weird how relegation is making me feel a tad excited just to visit a few new grounds. What is this club doing to me? Not even feeling arsed about winning or losing, just eyeing up away days  :idiot2:

Sack Charnley and Carr, appoint someone who cares as a director of Football, appoint a GOOD manager, get rid of the wannabe players, keep the young'uns and a few others.

Build a team, go for a promotion. 

Likely wont happen.

Sign Carrick next season and make him captain.

I don't get the clamor to sign Carrick. He's 35 in July. He hasn't played regularly for awhile and has had quite a few injuries throughout his career. He was born in Wallsend and is a boyhood fan of Newcastle United but so what? His career is pretty much done. Has any player ever signed as 'pay as you play' contract? How many outfield players play on after they're 35? Not many.

Sign Carrick next season and make him captain.

I don't get the clamor to sign Carrick. He's 35 in July. He hasn't played regularly for awhile and has had quite a few injuries throughout his career. He was born in Wallsend and is a boyhood fan of Newcastle United but so what? His career is pretty much done. Has any player ever signed as 'pay as you play' contract? How many outfield players play on after they're 35? Not many.

I agree. We already have a bunch of central midfielders with no drive and energy, I don't see how signing a 35 year old cast off is going to help if we go down. I'm sick of signing midfielders who can't run or close down effectively. We had one last season in Mehdi and we gave him away for nothing virtually.

From the noises Ashley was making a week or so ago, it looks like we`ll pretty much go through the close season recruiting loan players regardless of which league we`re in...Ok then, the championship.

In any other large football club, however, they would be promoting youth, sighing a few "good Pro`s", shipping out the shit & getting one or two loans to fill in. Having watched a fair bit of Championship football over this season its clear this present set of clowns wouldn't live with most of them

The close season will hinge on whether we still have the same board after our season finishes / we get relegated.