Championship Planning

Tiresias

Are people really expecting Perez to still be here if we get relegated? :lol:

Only midfielders/forwards I could see staying is Colback and Townsend. Sissoko, Gini, Shelvey, Perez, SDJ, Cisse, Saivet and probably Mitro will all be long gone.

[/quote

i think perez will stay tbh.

Have a feeling SDJ and Saivet will stay. Townsend will be one of the first ones out the door.

Thauvin shipped out to prepare for next season because he would not feature in a McClaren side.

Will be returning and playing for us next season.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2016/04/01/thauvin-reveals-newcastle-plans-criticizes-mcclaren/

OOC players below

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/newcastle-united/vertragsende/verein/762

Sammy

Vuckik

Aarons

Taylor

Marveax

Mbabu

Woodman

Obertan

All 2016

Worryingly we dont have an academy that has anything promising coming through like Carroll, and forgive me for this but Nile Ranger was useful at times down there.

Out of the Newly signed players I only see Mitrovic possibly staying based on him supporting us as lad.

I think if we could build a solid back four we would find it fairly easy to return with the forwards in the championship not really such a threat, you get the odd one or two who start on fire then are whipped up by a premier club in either window.

Mitrovic and Armstrong could be a great combo, Id look to nab a few Leicester players too, as if/should they win the league they will no doubt buy plenty of new so called bigger named players for the new season and champions league, we could benefit from some of their fringe players, <<<<< it's hard to believe I'm even typing that bit, I never thought we might need Leicester city's fringe players.

That list is wrong. Not all those players are out of contract in the Summer. Use the one on Nufc.com for player contracts.

It's not wrong, the nufc.com has question marks as they are not sure.

most of that is accurate. Point out who's wrong and I'll find out if I can.

http://www.nufc.com/2015-16html/squad.html

Samuel Ameobi 06.2017

Haris Vučkić 06.2017

Both got a 1 year contract extension before they were loaned out (who knows why).

Also, considering we need leaders like Nolan and Barton - I'd try to bring in Carrick for free.

Carrick is usually injured isn't he? Not what we need.

I thought Sammy was going to real Socidad at the beginning of this new season, because his deal was over? Then he accepted a 1yr extension and went to Cardiff for the season, so does that not mean his year is up again start of next season?

Either way he's shite and I don't care.

;)

Elliot

Sterry          Mbemba        Lascelles        Dummett

Saivet            Colback

Obertan                SDJ                    Aarons

Armstrong

I think people are overestimating how much squad turnover there'd actually be. None of Hull, Burnley, and QPR sold many players after last season. They all did allow quite a few to walk on free transfers, but they've also retained a lot of their players from 2014-15.

I think we should have a major squad turnover as they're all fucking shit

In theory, yes, but it's predicated on the notion that we'd replace them with a better team. Can you imagine some of the shit we'll be looking at to fill out the squad next season?

1. Sack the board and appoint proper people into those roles.

2. Appoint a manager willing to play an attacking, attractive brand of football.

3. Try and sell absolutely anyone.

4. Sign players who have experience in the league, fit what the manager wants to do and want to come.

5. Blood the likes of Armstrong and find out what you've got.

Can't FUCKING believe we're talking about this again, only six years later. With barely a hint of irony. What an absolutely useless pack of cunts. To think we couldn't actually improve on Pardew and Carver. Useless, useless fucking pricks.

Can't FUCKING believe we're talking about this again, only six years later. With barely a hint of irony. What an absolutely useless pack of cunts. To think we couldn't actually improve on Pardew and Carver. Useless, useless fucking pricks.

But this is partly Pardew and Carvers fault, McClaren was a continuation of the dross that preceeded him, a further slide into the abyss. They were just as much at fault for creating an ingrained mentality of failure and mediocrity. It all of course stems from the very top and filters down, but when you have facilitators at every position of power at the club it works it's way into the foundations, we're rotten go the core and until and unless that fat shit at the top goes we will coninue this merry-go-round of hopeless anguish.

Would have been better in many ways if we didn't get Rafa. Now we have the ultimately depressing specter of losing him hanging over us. The cruelest joke Ashley could play.

Definitely IMO, I was ready to just accept permanent failure, so cruel to be so close to something better.

If we can keep hold of Rafa, Mbemba, Perez and Mitro (extremely optimistic, I know) I'll be happy, not arsed about anyone else. Mbemba has been fucking wank but I think this is down to a lack of confidence rather than ability.

If you look at who is top of the Championship, the importance of having a tightly knit team is there for all to see. I don't mean any disrespect to Burnley, but they've had their current team together for a few years now, built on a very small budget for the most part and have yo-yo's a bit, but there's no reason we can't go into it with a team of similar ability.

Goalkeeper - Tom Heaton is a very good keeper, I'd say on a par with Krul. I don't think Krul will leave due to his injury, but Darlow should be more than capable at this level. Freddie Woodman seems to have a lot of potential but I wouldn't want to rely on him just yet.

Right back - Burnley have Matt Lowton there. Janmaat is as good as gone so, fair enough, we'd need to find a right back from somewhere unless Mbabu can stay fit and sign a contract

Left back - Stephen fucking Ward. Dummett or Haidara, who I think will both stay, are better than this idiot.

Centre halves - Ben Mee & Michael Keane - decent enough, I rate Keane in particular. Lascelles will stay and is probably on a par with Mee, I guess we'll be stuck with Colo who might get by in the Championship, or even Dummett who is a better centre half than a full back. Tayor might get an extension on reduced terms, again he'll be ok at this level. Mbemba will probably find a new club.

Wingers - George Boyd & Scott Arfield, bang average. Sammy will be back, probably, so that's something to look forward to. Aarons will probably go as he's out of contract, Townsend might stay for a bit but he's probably still got enough of a reputation to nick a move elsewhere. Gouffran will still be here, but fortunately Obertan won't be. Thauvin is due back but we'll probably just loan him out forever. Depending on shape Perez might still be around to play wide. Summary - Townsend, Sammy, Gouffran...all average to poor but probably better than Boyd & Arfield.

Centre mids - Barton & Dave Jones. Colback, for all he is shite, is every bit as good as Dave Jones. There I said it. Henri Saivet shoud also be able to get a game now, it's ludicrous he hasn't played more already. Otherwise, Anita will still be around, and there's a chance Shelvey will stay, it might help us that there isn't an International tournament at the end of next season. Not that he'd be anywhere near the squad based on recent games. Still, should have enough there. Obviously Tiote will leave to fulfill his dream of getting subbed at half time in China, and Wijnaldum is probably already packed. I won't even mention Sissoko.

Forwards - Andre Gray and Sam Vokes. Gray is obviously worth his weight in gold, he knows how to score goals. Could Adam Armstrong do that for us? His League one form would suggest he can. For Vokes, well ideally Mitrovic will stay but if he doesn't, Riviere will be wanted by nobody so we'd be stuck with him. De Jong will probably go back to Holland on loan and Cisse will fuck off to whoever pays him more from the more money less effort leagues. There's also Ivan Toney, who has also scored a few at league one level and might be useful. Add Perez into the mix, if he stays, and we should be ok for goals. With Perez just signing a new deal I doubt he'll get offered better terms elsewhere, he hasn't exactly played well in many games this season.

There's aldo the handful of other youths who can make up the numbers, Gilliead, Barlaser, Roberts, Satka, Gillesphey, the fictional Curtis Good, plus the inevitable loans. Assume we spent maybe 25% of any sale money on the positions we are lacking in, it might not be a total disaster. I'd rather not have to go through a cleansing of our twats every 7 years but it's amazing how many we accrue. Of course the most important point would be appointing someone to make it happen. If Rafa goes, I think it has to be Moyes, if Villa are able to attract him then we should be able to. It depends how much Ashley really has changed his mind on the structure, the appointment of Rafa seems to suggest a change of tact but he might revert to type if we go down.

GK - Krul/Darlow (Elliot out for a while yet)

RB - Mbabu/New

LB - Dummett/Haidara

CB - Lascelles/Dummett

CB - Colo/Taylor

CM - Shelvey/Colback

CM - Saivet/Anita

Wingers - Townsend/Sammy/Perez/Gouffran

Forwards - Mitro/Perez/Armstrong/Toney/Riviere

Would have been better in many ways if we didn't get Rafa. Now we have the ultimately depressing specter of losing him hanging over us. The cruelest joke Ashley could play.

Definitely IMO, I was ready to just accept permanent failure, so cruel to be so close to something better.

That was clear from the start. The ultimate renewal of hope was always going to build for the hardest of falls. All that being said a silver lining is showing the world we can still attract top coaches.

I would hope it would be close to this-

Elliot/Darlow

New RB

Mbemba (young enough to have a season down there)

Lascelles

Dummett/Haidara

Townsend

Shelvey

Saivet

Sammy/New LW

Mitro

Armstrong

Anita is likely to stay imo (who would buy him?), that ginger fucknugget will stay, I have a feeling De Jong might also stay until Jan, Mbabu and a few of the kids will stay, I expect we'll still be lumbered with Obertan, unless he's out of contract soon? Riviere will stay.

Gini will go (not that I think he'd be any good for us in the Championship), Sissoko will go warm the bench of a CL-chasing team, Aarons will go as he'll unlikely want to sign a new contract on Championship wages (our hope would be that no PL side would go for him, although I'm sure a promoted side would take a punt if I'm honest), Gouffran will hopefully spontaneously combust, Thauvin will be in France again, captain fistpumps will seemingly be around the club injured until the Day of Judgement, Perez will go warm Spurs' bench, Cisse & Tiote will get moves to China, San Lorenzo's #1 fan will hopefully go back to where he 'belongs', Doumbia's loan would have ended and he'll probably be spending his 63rd birthday in Italy, Janmaat will be off and if Krul finds some form, I can see him going in Jan.

We need a strong team and squad for that division, it's a hell of a lot stronger than when we last played in it. It's even faster and more competitive now, and as someone has mentioned there's some absolutely massive clubs down there. We need a good manager who doesn't necessarily need to know the league inside out, I think that's quite a lazy stereotype (look at Hughton, for example)..but we certainly need a guy who can set up a team to reach a certain level of competitiveness, with our (hopefully) superior footballers seeing us through to the automatic places.

I don't hold out much hope, though. I think we're more likely to do a Boro or Blackburn than anything else, linger down there for years with the odd (failed) shot at promotion. Dark fucking days man.

It's a big ask to expect Mitro/Mbemba to go from Champions League to Championship in one season and stick around.

I've suggested previosuly that I think Mitro will stick around, mainly cos he's mental, but can't see Mbemba.

Saivet will be off as soon as his agent's phone has rung.

It's a big ask to expect Mitro/Mbemba to go from Champions League to Championship in one season and stick around.

I've suggested previosuly that I think Mitro will stick around, mainly cos he's mental, but can't see Mbemba.

yeah, mbemba won't be here imo.

Prepare for years of " Pardew kept you up"

That'll be Talksports catchphrase.

Arguably, the rot started well before Pardew left.. giving Carver and McLaren 6 months a piece knowing they were only making things worse and then pinning all hope on a decent manager with 10 games to go. The pure stupidity is baffling.

yeah, mbemba won't be here imo.

Perhaps I'm being slightly optimistic but I think his age will make him consider staying here. I see what you're saying though, CL to Championship isn't exactly ideal.

Unless Saivet goes back to France, I can see him being here.