The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Kicked it twice, what's the rule for that?

Looked like his left foot slid and into the turf, moved the ball up and he's skied it. Not sure his left actually made contact with the ball though.

Surely it's the same thing though? Anyway, doesn't matter. :lol:

Just called some thick Spurs fan out on Facebook for bringing out the old ' if we sell sissoko in January we will only pay 6 million' line. Told him to go and buy a car on finance and take out a mobile phone contract and not make the payments then see what happens. Guy then called me thick and said i knew nothing about football finances and levy never loses money. Thick fucking twat then removed his comments.

I just don't see the point in sending players off for fouls like that, barely even touched him and they already got the penalty kick.

I still don't understand why things don't seem to have changed since they apparently got rid of the double punishment. The upshot of the Dummett Nottingham Forest debacle seemed to be that the rules say refs can still choose to send the player off if it's deemed to be a deliberate foul or violent conduct, but the one tonight was neither IMO.

Guest neesy111

I just don't see the point in sending players off for fouls like that, barely even touched him and they already got the penalty kick.

I still don't understand why things don't seem to have changed since they apparently got rid of the double punishment. The upshot of the Dummett Nottingham Forest debacle seemed to be that the rules say refs can still choose to send the player off if it's deemed to be a deliberate foul or violent conduct, but the one tonight was neither IMO.

You have to make a genuine attempt to get the ball.  So if you pull on someone going through or stick a foot out to only bring down the man, it's still a red card.

I wish the FA would make reasons why red cards were overturned public, as for the Dummett one I still don't know whether they thought Lansbury dived or because under the rules it wasn't a red card but a pen.

Free-kick and a red I reckon.

Free kick yes, shouldn't be a red as it wasn't a deliberate attempt to stop a goal scoring chance. Unless you think Redmond pulled him down on purpose, looks like he accidentally does.

He clearly grabs his arm early on in the run to try to stop him running free on goal. That's what I would have given the free-kick for, and for me that was a deliberate attempt to prevent a goal-scoring opportunity. I'm not totally convinced the bit in the box where they both go down is even a foul tbh.

Free-kick and a red I reckon.

Free kick yes, shouldn't be a red as it wasn't a deliberate attempt to stop a goal scoring chance. Unless you think Redmond pulled him down on purpose, looks like he accidentally does.

He clearly grabs his arm early on in the run to try to stop him running free on goal. That's what I would have given the free-kick for, and for me that was a deliberate attempt to prevent a goal-scoring opportunity. I'm not totally convinced the bit in the box where they both go down is even a foul tbh.

Aye he does to be fair, i think that part of it was over when Redmond tripped on the back of Ali's leg to bring him down mind. It's one of those decision not many are going to agree on, football has so many.

Is the referee not entitled to give a penalty if contact starts outside, but continues into, the box? - which it did imo although I've only really seen it once.

The red was right though, the law is clear and if there is a foul during a goalscoring opportunity with no attempt to play the ball then it is a red.

He can give a penalty if the conact continues in the box if it's a pull of the shirt or holding of the player. This wasn't one of those, there was contact but not holding or pulling, and imo it's not a red as the contacts outside the box is completely accidental, Redman trips on the back of Ali's foot, which in turn brings down Ali.

There was no intent/deliberate attempt by Redman to stop the goalscoring chance, just imo. Everyone will see it differently, such is footie.

Also the refs angle as he sees it matters so much, he gets just one view and maybe help from his assistant if he's lucky. Mike Dean saw from behind the play so to him it might have looked like Redman pulled Ali down. We all have the benefit of replays from totally different angles and could see that wasn't the case (or a different opinion of it as one sees it).

There's a slight tug of the shirt 25 yards from goal, he breaks free gets into the box and gets a shot off, and I'm not sure there's any other offence that Redmond commits tbh. Worst outcome is a yellow card and a free kick about 25 yards from goal. Dean just desperate to give a high profile pen and send someone off. Attention whore.

There's a slight tug of the shirt 25 yards from goal, he breaks free gets into the box and gets a shot off, and I'm not sure there's any other offence that Redmond commits tbh. Worst outcome is a yellow card and a free kick about 25 yards from goal. Dean just desperate to give a high profile pen and send someone off. Attention whore.

Exactly how I saw it. Any contact in the box was minimal at worst, not enough to give a penalty.