The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

It's so easy to argue with hindsight like :lol:

Huth and Morgan were great last year, as were most of their squad. It's pretty easy to see why Ranieri didn't just want to replace them all because they were shite before he was there.

In hindsight it was the wrong move and if he's still there he'll need a major reshuffle in the summer

Guest firetotheworks

The Leicester criticism is mental to me. To me it's the exception last season that's to be lauded, not the return to normality that's to be criticised.

But the reason they are criticised is because the return to normality has happened because they didn't take advantage of last season. Spunked away a substantial amount of money last season on average players.

They had an opportunity to buy players that otherwise they'd never have been able to attract due to playing in the CL.

Similar to us finishing 5th, we didn't build on it either.

The only player they didn't hold on to was Kante and that was his own decision. League title or not, they're still Leicester, they could have bought better players, but then what do you do with the team that won you the title? Adding one or two is fine, but replacing any of the back four, Vardy and Mahrez would be upsetting the chemistry that got them there. As it happened, they bought players that are still much better than they could have expected imo. They were never going to expand upon last season, the whole thing was a miracle, not a plan.

Its not just about holding onto players, it's to do with buying in better quality.

Nobody needed to tell them that 90% of their squad were playing way above their stations. They should have bought better players than the likes of Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Drinkwater, Albrighton and improved on what they had.

Whether or not it was a miracle or not, there are loads of players that they could have bought which would have improved their team and given them every opportunity to be knocking onto EL qualification this season and establishing themselves as a PL team rather than fighting relegation.

I just don't understand how you can expect a team to do what you're expecting.

Hold on to it's best players. Which they did apart from Kante.

Dismantle the defense/team that kept 15 clean sheets last season, regardless of what you think of the quality of the players.

Improve on Drinkwater, who was excellent last season and has looked like one of their best when I've seen them this season.

Who are the players they could have signed to improve their team that they could have realistically signed?

This is why you were voted as one of the worst posters on here, you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total shit about.

See ponsaelius' post a few up.

I was wondering when this sort of under-the-belt nonsense would rear it's head. We're having a conversation, I'm asking you perfectly reasonable questions without any malice whatsoever and this is the road you take it down. Proper cheap.

The Leicester criticism is mental to me. To me it's the exception last season that's to be lauded, not the return to normality that's to be criticised.

But the reason they are criticised is because the return to normality has happened because they didn't take advantage of last season. Spunked away a substantial amount of money last season on average players.

They had an opportunity to buy players that otherwise they'd never have been able to attract due to playing in the CL.

The only player they didn't hold on to was Kante and that was his own decision. League title or not, they're still Leicester, they could have bought better players, but then what do you do with the team that won you the title? Adding one or two is fine, but replacing any of the back four, Vardy and Mahrez would be upsetting the chemistry that got them there. As it happened, they bought players that are still much better than they could have expected imo. They were never going to expand upon last season, the whole thing was a miracle, not a plan.

Its not just about holding onto players, it's to do with buying in better quality.

Nobody needed to tell them that 90% of their squad were playing way above their stations. They should have bought better players than the likes of Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Drinkwater, Albrighton and improved on what they had.

Whether or not it was a miracle or not, there are loads of players that they could have bought which would have improved their team and given them every opportunity to be knocking onto EL qualification this season and establishing themselves as a PL team rather than fighting relegation.

Dismantle the defense/team that kept 15 clean sheets last season, regardless of what you think of the quality of the players.

Improve on Drinkwater, who was excellent last season and has looked like one of their best when I've seen them this season.

Who are the players they could have signed to improve their team that they could have realistically signed?

This is why you were voted as one of the worst posters on here, you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total s*** about.

I was wondering when this sort of under-the-belt nonsense would rear it's head. We're having a conversation, I'm asking you perfectly reasonable questions without any malice whatsoever and this is the road you take it down. Proper cheap.

http://www.samaritans.org/

It's a fucking poll on a forum ffs man.

It's really not ridiculous to expect that although last season was a phenomenal achievement, and expecting them to repeat it is absurd, it's also the case that they should be expected to be better than fighting relegation. Slimani was nearly double our record transfer. Expectations change when you drop £50 million on attackers.

They're 5 points above the relegation places and have been saving their stronger players for the Champions League until recently. To say they're battling relegation simply isn't true at this stage. They could have bought exactly the right one or two players and probably not improved/consolidated imo. The criticism comes because they set a rod for their own backs and now people expect those same players to retain a proportion of the form they had last season, but also to bring in new players who'll do it for them. Their signings weren't wow signings, but neither were Mahrez and Kante, Leicester made them. Aside from that, Slimani's their top scorer as well btw, he's just better than 1 in 3, which isn't bad considering it's a new league/the team's underperforming.

I get what people are saying like, I just think it's canny unreasonable.

They're only 5 points clear because of how bad the bottom 3 have been this season. It's pretty extreme to have 3 sides sitting on 15-16 points at this stage, 4 until Swansea pulled off that win yesterday. They're having a very poor season, and no matter how much of a rod they've made for their own back with last season's overachievement, when you spend £50 million on attacking talent the expectations and ambitions change IMO. If they pull up to upper mid-table that would be about right.

This is why you were voted as one of the worst posters on here, you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total s*** about.

:anguish:

Leicester away this season

P11 W0 D3 L8

Winnable home games left look to be Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford & Bournemouth

Assuming Palace's form turns around by april :lol: they've got a tough run of away games too (plus their shit form all season)

They might end up being helped by other teams being so shit this season

P11 W0 D3 L8

Winnable home games left look to be Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, Watford & Bournemouth

Assuming Palace's for turns around by april :lol: they've got a tough run of away games too (plus their s*** form all season)

They might end up being helped by other teams being so s*** this season

They'll never go down, not a chance.

They are playing bad but there are 5 or 6 teams a lot worse than them who will finish below them.

you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total s*** about.

Is this going to be the new thing like. Talk utter shite, throw pointless abuse about and then say "it's just xy or z, get over it." :lol:

Lifting patter.

Guest firetotheworks

Wew, mint craic. Aye so eh, why use it as your argument to discredit my points if it means nothing? [emoji38]

Anyway, I CBA, I thought we were just talking about it, there was no animosity on my part so I'm not sure how it was worthy of your posts that have followed like.

KI is a much better poster than you ever will be man. You weren't voted for worst poster because nobody remembers you

It's a f***ing poll on a forum ffs man.

KI is a much better poster than you ever will be man. You weren't voted for worst poster because nobody remembers you

Ouch - that really upsets me. :lol: I'm not remembered on an internet forum, oh no.

I did get 1 nomination fwiw. Yay.

Wew, mint craic. Aye so eh, why use it as your argument to discredit my points if it means nothing? [emoji38]

Anyway, I CBA, I thought we were just talking about it, there was no animosity on my part so I'm not sure how it was worthy of your posts that have followed like.

I had answered all of your earlier points, not my fault if you choose to ignore them and play the victim about a daft poll.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Imagine being a grown up and posting this.

P11 W0 D3 L8

Assuming Palace's for turns around by april :lol: they've got a tough run of away games too (plus their s*** form all season)

They are playing bad but there are 5 or 6 teams a lot worse than them who will finish below them.

Dont ge tme wrong I dont think they will either.. but

http://i.imgur.com/zk7UNiD.png

Where are their next (decent, not the odd draw here and there) points coming from?

Burnley (who have great home form) away next, Man Utd, Swansea (new manager bounce), Liverpool, Hull (see Swansea), Arsenal. Then they have two champions league ties in the middle of all of that, with possibly a massive game against West Ham coming 3 days after the CL 2nd leg

As opposed to...

As opposed to...

Missed that one. Equally as pathetic tbh. :lol:

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] Imagine being a grown up and posting this.

As opposed to...

You brought up the awards ffs [emoji38] Don't get upset when someone else has a go at you

P11 W0 D3 L8

Dont ge tme wrong I dont think they will either.. but

http://i.imgur.com/zk7UNiD.png

Where are their next (decent, not the odd draw here and there) points coming from?

Burnley (who have great home form) away next, Man Utd, Swansea (new manager bounce), Liverpool, Hull (see Swansea), Arsenal. Then they have two champions league ties in the middle of all of that, with possibly a massive game against West Ham coming 3 days after the CL 2nd leg

I think they just have enough to beat those teams in/around them at home and that'll keep them up, similar to Burnley.

They also still have the ability to turn up against the big teams (beating Man City comfortably, the 0-0 with Arsenal at home where they had chances).

I just cant see four of; Palace, mackems, Hull, Swansea, Boro, Watford finishing above them.

:lol: can we please stop this.

Anyway back to Leicester. Any argument against Ranieri has to take into account how laughably wrong you/we/they were last season on every conceivable level about him and then his Leicester side.  You cannot just jump back in after the fact and be like "SEE, WES MORGAN IS SHITE, I KNEW ALL ALONG!" after he formed an incredible partnership with Huth for an entire season, wining the league :lol:

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] Imagine being a grown up and posting this.

As opposed to...

You brought up the awards ffs [emoji38] Don't get upset when someone else has a go at you

Wasn't once upset by it, just thought it was a comparable post to what Felipao bought up (which he agrees with).

Imagine getting upset by some people on an internet forum :lol: (see my earlier response to you for my reaction to your post).

Guest firetotheworks

I had answered all of your earlier points, not my fault if you choose to ignore them and play the victim about a daft poll.

[emoji38] I've read it. I'm not playing the victim at all, it was you brought the daft poll up, not me.

My opinion on the likes of Van Dijk is that they have bigger fish to fry imo, he'll have known it was a miracle season and can hold out for a team like Liverpool. Kante won the league yet went to Chelsea and all of the talk was about Leicester holding onto players, there wasn't a sea change because they won the league. They might have been able to nab players similar to some of the players that Stoke got, Arnautovic, Bojan, Shakiri level etc, but the idea that they should have rebuilt a team that won the league is all hindsight.