The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

This is mental from City.  Dunno if I've just never taken enough notice of a Guardiola team before but the movement looks so alien :lol:  Sagna and Clichy come in so narrow and make it 2-5-2-1 in possession, with the wingers (Sterling/Nolito) wide of the 5

This is mental from City.  Dunno if I've just never taken enough notice of a Guardiola team before but the movement looks so alien :lol:  Sagna and Clichy come in so narrow and make it 2-5-2-1 in possession, with the wingers (Sterling/Nolito) wide of the 5

People don't watch his teams much are going to think it's crazy :lol: He's an amazing coach from a tactical point of view, doesn't always come off but he does things which are so advanced.

When it comes down to it it's just a way of completley overload the midfield with the full backs rather than the usual of using them to overload the other sides flanks. It's reliant on the full backs being super confident on the ball, I dunno if Sagna and Clichy are but 80% posession does show it's working right now

People don't watch his teams much are going to think it's crazy :lol: He's an amazing coach from a tactical point of view, doesn't always come off but he does things which are so advanced.

Best coach in the world. Always said this. Only downside is he refuses to play defensive football which sometimes is needed.

When it comes down to it it's just a way of completley overload the midfield with the full backs rather than the usual of using them to overload the other sides flanks. It's reliant on the full backs being super confident on the ball, I dunno if Sagna and Clichy are but 80% posession does show it's working right now

Which is why i'm surprised they haven't bought any fullbacks tbh. City's fullbacks are and have been for as long as i remember( except for zabaleta for a couple of years), total dog s***.

Best coach in the world. Always said this. Only downside is he refuses to play defensive football which sometimes is needed.

He's very good obviously but has never proven anything with a team with less talented players than the opposition

He's very good obviously but has never proven anything with a team with less talented players than the opposition

Bit of a silly criticism IMO considering how many great managers have failed in similar positions, but anyway it's not just a matter of going out there and telling them to play. He quite obviously does from a tactical and coaching point of view which is completely on him.

I understand why he doesn't get credit for that considering the spotlight is always on the players that score the goals to get him wins but still.

This is mental from City.  Dunno if I've just never taken enough notice of a Guardiola team before but the movement looks so alien [emoji38]  Sagna and Clichy come in so narrow and make it 2-5-2-1 in possession, with the wingers (Sterling/Nolito) wide of the 5

People don't watch his teams much are going to think it's crazy [emoji38] He's an amazing coach from a tactical point of view, doesn't always come off but he does things which are so advanced.

After what he did at Barcelona can you tell me why he should?

This is mental from City.  Dunno if I've just never taken enough notice of a Guardiola team before but the movement looks so alien [emoji38]  Sagna and Clichy come in so narrow and make it 2-5-2-1 in possession, with the wingers (Sterling/Nolito) wide of the 5

People don't watch his teams much are going to think it's crazy [emoji38] He's an amazing coach from a tactical point of view, doesn't always come off but he does things which are so advanced.

But anyone could have done what he did with that team, etc.

I didn't say he should, just the jury is out and probably will always be out whether he could make a team with less resources and less talented players overachieve