The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Who on earth is Ralf Rangnick and why is he second favourite for the England job?

Very good coach, or used to be before he got ill a few years ago. No idea what he's been doing the last few years.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/aug/26/bundesligafootball

You'll notice that a lot of the terms being mentioned there is now being used by the likes of Klopp and Tuchel.

Can't remember who it was, a co-commentator, saying the other day that Hoddle was "most people's obvious choice for the England job." You just don't know where to start with stuff like that. It's just bizarre more than anything, no logic to a statement like that.

Guest firetotheworks

He's probably the best choice in terms of Englishmen tbf. Him or Howe are the only choices that aren't absolutely terrible.

Guest palnese

Glenn Hoddle? Really? He's not been a manager in a decade. Sounds pretty fucking awful to me.

I don't think there's a single decent English option out there. Howe? Aye, he's very promising, but he's very hands-on and I don't think the International setup suits him at all at this stage of his career.

Due to the lack of options you have to go for a foreign manager. I know Sven and Capello were pretty poor, but there are probably loads of options out there better suited for the England job than any Englishman atm.

Glenn Hoddle? Really? He's not been a manager in a decade. Sounds pretty f***ing awful to me.

I don't think there's a single decent English option out there. Howe? Aye, he's very promising, but he's very hands-on and I don't think the International setup suits him at all at this stage of his career.

Due to the lack of options you have to go for a foreign manager. I know Sven and Capello were pretty poor, but there are probably loads of options out there better suited for the England job than any Englishman atm.

Sven wasn't even that poor in my opinion. Just loved money and women. He's the best we've had this century I reckon

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, a lot of people criticised Sven, but probably realised not long after McLaren came in that he was actually pretty good. Hoddle might not have been a manager for a while, but for England he was a good one and that probably trumps having been a crap one in the meantime.