The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

So Moyes an overly cautious manager, grows some balls, and starts two out and out forwards together and look what happens. When are we going to see the same thing?

You aren't comparing Moyes and Benitez are you?

Unlike some on here I've never rated Moyes, it's unbelievable he can still get a job. However seeing Gayle/Mitrovic isolated up front next season is not something to look forward to.

What in the hell are you talking about, man?

I'm talking about only playing one up front, something I'm fairly sure you don't like either.

I'd have far less of an issue with it in the PL, to be fair. In the Championship I definitely want to see two strikers, but fucking hell, as if you could draw a comparison with that lot.

So Moyes an overly cautious manager, grows some balls, and starts two out and out forwards together and look what happens. When are we going to see the same thing?

Unlike some on here I've never rated Moyes, it's unbelievable he can still get a job. However seeing Gayle/Mitrovic isolated up front next season is not something to look forward to.

I'm talking about only playing one up front, something I'm fairly sure you don't like either.

I'd have far less of an issue with it in the PL, to be fair. In the Championship I definitely want to see two strikers, but f***ing hell, as if you could draw a comparison with that lot.

Doesn't even need to be an old fashioned 2 up front. Cole/Beardsley-Shearer/Bellamy were a supposed 2 up but much more a one up and one off with great support. With the personnel we have I believe that's what will get the best from us.

I'd have far less of an issue with it in the PL, to be fair. In the Championship I definitely want to see two strikers, but f***ing hell, as if you could draw a comparison with that lot.

Doesn't even need to be an old fashioned 2 up front. Cole/Beardsley-Shearer/Bellamy were a supposed 2 up but much more a one up and one off with great support. With the personnel we have I believe that's what will get the best from us.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

How was that penalty not given against Shawcross yesterday?

One of the most blatant I've ever seen

See, I can see why it wasn't given tbh. Shawcross wipes him out and doesn't get the ball so it's a blatant penalty if he was through on goal, but Wilson had already lost the ball by tapping it back to Stoke's 'keeper by that point, so I can sort of see why it wasn't given if that's the reason. The simpler explanation is that Roger East is terrible though.

Guest firetotheworks

Another minute's silence/applause for Remembrance Day [emoji38]

It's a week later. [emoji38] This country fucking loves respecting the dead and not giving a fuck about the living.

This is simply down to the archaic distribution that SKY and BT persist with. 

a) they show only a handful of the games, when every single game is available to viewers in foreign countries

b) their online services are inferior to many illegal streaming options

c) their pricing structures are far too expensive and are usually bloated with other services football fans aren't interested in

If SKY or BT put out a monthly Premier League subscription service at £10 a month which gave fans the ability to watch any game - or even just the games of their club, with other games costing more - I'd pay it. 

Instead we get the 40/50/60/70/80 quid a month bundles that offer you the chance to see Swansea square off against Stoke on SUPER SUNDAY.

Yes but it's also why they're able to pay huge fees for rights. If they start offering cheaper subscription services, they can't pay the PL that much. This is worth paying attention to because less viewers usually leads to less subscribers and that leads to lower fees for rights. People waiting for the 'bubble' to explode should take notice of this.

Yes but it's also why they're able to pay huge fees for rights. If they start offering cheaper subscription services, they can't pay the PL that much. This is worth paying attention to because less viewers usually leads to less subscribers and that leads to lower fees for rights. People waiting for the 'bubble' to explode should take notice of this.

What's happening to subscription numbers at the moment?  I'd wager they're in decline.