The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Guest firetotheworks

The Leicester criticism is mental to me. To me it's the exception last season that's to be lauded, not the return to normality that's to be criticised.

But the reason they are criticised is because the return to normality has happened because they didn't take advantage of last season. Spunked away a substantial amount of money last season on average players.

They had an opportunity to buy players that otherwise they'd never have been able to attract due to playing in the CL.

Similar to us finishing 5th, we didn't build on it either.

The only player they didn't hold on to was Kante and that was his own decision. League title or not, they're still Leicester, they could have bought better players, but then what do you do with the team that won you the title? Adding one or two is fine, but replacing any of the back four, Vardy and Mahrez would be upsetting the chemistry that got them there. As it happened, they bought players that are still much better than they could have expected imo. They were never going to expand upon last season, the whole thing was a miracle, not a plan.

The Leicester criticism is mental to me. To me it's the exception last season that's to be lauded, not the return to normality that's to be criticised.

But the reason they are criticised is because the return to normality has happened because they didn't take advantage of last season. Spunked away a substantial amount of money last season on average players.

They had an opportunity to buy players that otherwise they'd never have been able to attract due to playing in the CL.

The only player they didn't hold on to was Kante and that was his own decision. League title or not, they're still Leicester, they could have bought better players, but then what do you do with the team that won you the title? Adding one or two is fine, but replacing any of the back four, Vardy and Mahrez would be upsetting the chemistry that got them there. As it happened, they bought players that are still much better than they could have expected imo. They were never going to expand upon last season, the whole thing was a miracle, not a plan.

Its not just about holding onto players, it's to do with buying in better quality.

Nobody needed to tell them that 90% of their squad were playing way above their stations. They should have bought better players than the likes of Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Drinkwater, Albrighton and improved on what they had.

Whether or not it was a miracle or not, there are loads of players that they could have bought which would have improved their team and given them every opportunity to be knocking onto EL qualification this season and establishing themselves as a PL team rather than fighting relegation.

It's really not ridiculous to expect that although last season was a phenomenal achievement, and expecting them to repeat it is absurd, it's also the case that they should be expected to be better than fighting relegation. Slimani was nearly double our record transfer. Expectations change when you drop £50 million on attackers.

Guest neesy111

It's really not ridiculous to expect that although last season was a phenomenal achievement, and expecting them to repeat it is absurd, it's also the case that they should be expected to be better than fighting relegation. Slimani was nearly double our record transfer. Expectations change when you drop £50 million on attackers.

:thup:

They look really poor.

:thup: Nailed it.

Guest firetotheworks

Its not just about holding onto players, it's to do with buying in better quality.

Nobody needed to tell them that 90% of their squad were playing way above their stations. They should have bought better players than the likes of Huth, Morgan, Simpson, Drinkwater, Albrighton and improved on what they had.

Whether or not it was a miracle or not, there are loads of players that they could have bought which would have improved their team and given them every opportunity to be knocking onto EL qualification this season and establishing themselves as a PL team rather than fighting relegation.

I just don't understand how you can expect a team to do what you're expecting.

Hold on to it's best players. Which they did apart from Kante.

Dismantle the defense/team that kept 15 clean sheets last season, regardless of what you think of the quality of the players.

Improve on Drinkwater, who was excellent last season and has looked like one of their best when I've seen them this season.

Who are the players they could have signed to improve their team that they could have realistically signed?

Dismantle the defense/team that kept 15 clean sheets last season, regardless of what you think of the quality of the players.

Improve on Drinkwater, who was excellent last season and has looked like one of their best when I've seen them this season.

Who are the players they could have signed to improve their team that they could have realistically signed?

This is why you were voted as one of the worst posters on here, you're just clueless and pick random arguments that you talk total shit about.

See ponsaelius' post a few up.

As if this lot won the league ffs

You hate an underdog like, Newcastle excluded [emoji38]

eh, nowt to do with "hating" Leicester (I dont). Simply pointing out that this (and other this season) performance make last year even more ridiculous. One player difference and they're almost relegation candidates..

eh, nowt to do with "hating" Leicester (I dont). Simply pointing out that this (and other this season) performance make last year even more ridiculous. One player difference..

Haven't you said you wanted them to get relegated before?

eh, nowt to do with "hating" Leicester (I dont). Simply pointing out that this (and other this season) performance make last year even more ridiculous. One player difference..

Haven't you said you wanted them to get relegated before?

aye. Wouldnt mind Swansea going either. Doesnt mean I hate them. The hate is reserved for the mackems and Palace :shifty:

I'll answer your points though.

1. I've already said, it's not just about holding onto your best players.

2. Simpson, Huth and Morgan are very average players (lower PL/upper Championship) and Leicester knew that. They were also part of the Leicester defence that nearly got relegated the season before. These are players who played out of their skin for one season and were incredible. However, Mike Williamson also did that for us when we finished 5th. Doesn't stop them being turd and need improving on.

3. See the above but change the names to Drinkwater.

In relation to signings one obvious example from todays game... Would Van Dijk have moved for CL football? Probably. Would he be a vast improvement to the team? Yes.

Guest firetotheworks

They're 5 points above the relegation places and have been saving their stronger players for the Champions League until recently. To say they're battling relegation simply isn't true at this stage. They could have bought exactly the right one or two players and probably not improved/consolidated imo. The criticism comes because they set a rod for their own backs and now people expect those same players to retain a proportion of the form they had last season, but also to bring in new players who'll do it for them. Their signings weren't wow signings, but neither were Mahrez and Kante, Leicester made them. Aside from that, Slimani's their top scorer as well btw, he's just better than 1 in 3, which isn't bad considering it's a new league/the team's underperforming.

I get what people are saying like, I just think it's canny unreasonable.