The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Mings banned for 2 more games than Zlatan.

Bournemouth are appealing - rightly so IMO.

I don't see how it's rightly so. Mings clearly deserves a heavier ban.

Agreed

Not allowed to touch the EPL's biggest draws, intentionally or not. Imagine the disgusting message it would send to players considering contesting challenges with a Hazard or an Aguero. Know your place, lowly Bournemouth scum.

I still think he's trying to get back in position and hurdle the players on the floor but Rooney starts to get up so his flight is altered and he ends up standing on Ibrahimovic's head.

If the referee had done his job Ibrahimovic wouldn't have been on the pitch after shoving Mings to the floor way before the incidents took place

Guest neesy111

I still think he's trying to get back in position and hurdle the players on the floor but Rooney starts to get up so his flight is altered and he ends up standing on Ibrahimovic's head.

If the referee had done his job Ibrahimovic wouldn't have been on the pitch after shoving Mings to the floor way before the incidents took place

This.

Also, it's a poor attempt if it was deliberate, no force in the stamp at all.

How do you know it is definitely intentional?

Same way I know Zlatans is intentional. He can clearly avoid stamping on Ibras head.

Many things are avoidable but unintentional.

These things that aren't avoided usually goes punished. O rdo you think all tackles branded red cards are intentional? To me it looks like Mings stamps on his head on purpose. He doesn't try to avoid the situation which for me should result in a ban.

This.

Also, it's a poor attempt if it was deliberate, no force in the stamp at all.

Aye, it's hyperbolic in the extreme to call it a stamp. He treads on Zlatan's head.

Surely if he wanted to purposefully stand on his head he'd have his eyes fixed on Ibrahimovic's head and not on the ball?

I agree with Hans in that you have to be a pretty calculated individual to purposefully stand on someone's head when they're on the floor

Surely if he wanted to purposefully stand on his head he'd have his eyes fixed on Ibrahimovic's head and not on the ball?

I agree with Hans in that you have to be a pretty calculated individual to purposefully stand on someone's head when they're on the floor

No, you just need to know that your target is there. You don't always need to look.

Whilst I don't think he intentionally stamped on his head, I think he was aware a collision was going to take place and took no action to avoid it when he easily could have, so he's fully deserving of a ban. The five games is disputable though as Ibra clearly intended on causing Mings some damage, which I think is worse.