Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aside from Tim Krul having a very bad injury, is he really that bad of a stopper?

He's better than Darlow and Elliott.

Perhaps Rafa wants to run the rule over him in early pre season before making a decision.

Was already having a very questionable 2015 before injury tbf.

Mirror say Arsenal have put a 8m price tag on Gibbs.

Knew he wouldn't cost 15m.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Billy-D_Approves.gif

Guest firetotheworks

8m for Gibbs is a steal in the current market, but I'd be cautious about why that's the case re reoccurring injuries.

8m for Gibbs is a steal in the current market, but I'd be cautious about why that's the case re reoccurring injuries.

I'm relatively happy Dummett being 2nd choice left back though

He can still do a job for us if Gibbs misses some games

Gibbs is worth the risk

On paper (I know) our start is relatively easy and to take advantage of that to the fullest could be massively important for the rest of the season. Get a bad start and it could become very ugly very quickly with the pressure getting huge early on and it probably wouldn't be easy to turn it around. I just can't see us being ready for the start of the season, because there's no doubt that we won't get most of the new players in early enough.