Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't want Sturridge! (very good player though)

He hasn't been injured that much this season though as he? Its more him not getting picked

Maybe you're right, but at the same time maybe that's the reason he hasn't been injured as much. I just think he'd be a bit too big of a risk for 20-25m or whatever.

Mail saying Everton want £20mil for McCarthy and we want to pair him alongside Cairney

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4525524/Everton-willing-sell-20m-midfielder-James-McCarthy.html

That would be interesting. I wasn't sold on Cairney, but if he had someone like McCarthy alongside he would probably look a lot better. So would Shelvey mind.

Cairney would play as a 10

So would be

Cairney

McCarthey      Shelvey

I don't want Sturridge! (very good player though)

He hasn't been injured that much this season though as he? Its more him not getting picked

Maybe you're right, but at the same time maybe that's the reason he hasn't been injured as much. I just think he'd be a bit too big of a risk for 20-25m or whatever.

It's a fair point tbf, I personally think hes worth the risk but I definitely understanding the scepticism

In every game I've watched this season of Fulham (including the game against us and the games they've just played against Reading) Cairney plays as a centre mid and Johansen plays as the attacking midfielder

Cairney's played a fairly free role whenever I've seen him (I never saw the game at SJP like), when Jonansen is ahead of him they often seem to switch, but he did (does?) start behind him. Always thought he looked like a Lallana type who would be comfortable anywhere across midfield.

I think no 10 or no 8 doesn't mean that much these days. It's about balance in the side, and if you had McCarthy in there, you could probably afford to pick Cairney and Shelvey in the same side, especially if your striker is someone like Gayle or better.