Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've effectively only got two central midfielders, three if you include the daywalker.

Most manager's these days will want five, especially teams who play 3 central players.

I think right now we are just fishing around for deals, we've probably spoke to a dozen clubs/agents about central midfielders.

Guest firetotheworks

Tom Ince is the new Kuyt/Emerton, like. I can't say I'd really want him either tbh.

All these Championship links can f*** off.

If all we buy is cplayers who shone in the Champ last season, then you are right but it would be stupid especially in today's inflated market to ignore 2 or 3 of those players who looked the part to augment more proven top flight experience. The truth is we are re-building a squad here, there's a lot of work to do, in the end we'll probably sign close to the same number we did last close season and they won't all be Messi or Ronaldo or even James Milner.

Cairney keen according to Luke Edwards:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/newcastle-keen-sign-fulham-star-tom-cairney-rafa-beniteztries/

Usual suspects of Maguire, Chambers and McCarthy also mentioned.

Would take Cairney Maguire and Chambers, McCarthy is absolutely rubbish.

He isn't like :lol: I don't particularly like him as a player but he's good at what he does

Cairney keen according to Luke Edwards:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/newcastle-keen-sign-fulham-star-tom-cairney-rafa-beniteztries/

Usual suspects of Maguire, Chambers and McCarthy also mentioned.

I love the wording journalists use.

'Will express that desire to his club in the coming weeks'.

I wish more players were like Chimbonda in the dressing room of his last game for Wigan at Highbury.