Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It wouldn't surprise me if the Premier League suddenly had their own streaming service like NHL, and WWE do. I think they may very well do that internationally instead of auctioning them off the next time.

All major sports in the US have their own designated channels nfl,nhl,nba,MLB etc where you can subscribe and get any game live apart from the blackout ones

It wouldn't surprise me if the Premier League suddenly had their own streaming service like NHL, and WWE do. I think they may very well do that internationally instead of auctioning them off the next time.

The only problem I see with that is that that's not their business's core competency. They'd have to make massive internal investment to get the tech set up, hire on air (on stream) personalities, negotiate new streaming sponsorship deals etc etc.

Far easier for them to just keep farming it out to people who already have all that in place and charge them an arm and two legs for it.

Plus it's guaranteed income, and loads of it, vs. a speculative shot in the dark that as you say might well require significant investment. Hard to see them changing imo.

The biggest hurdle is the rule that they are not allowed to broadcast a live game on TV at 3pm on a Saturday. They've been doing their best over the years to move games around the weekend to get around this rule but the clubs will start kicking back if their matchday income is affected. In the US where all major sports are aired live most of the time, they have blackout rules which mean that should the game not sell out, it will not be aired on live TV in the local market, that could be something they implement but it would be difficult for some clubs to accept.

Guest neesy111

Would rather they reduced the games available to watch.  Whole of football has got too saturated for choice.

The only access we have to the premier league in Australia is through legal streaming. One of the telecom companies purchased the rights for an insane amount of money. We are able to watch every game live for around 10 GBP per month.

TV revenue has increased by 2.5 times since 2015

A £6million player in 2015 would be worth £15million in 2017 going by the same increase.

It makes total sense I'm getting bored of seeing fans complain 'games gone mad' while they sit watching Sky Sports News that they've paid £80 a month for to fund said transfers  :lol:

So are Gouffran & Colback worth 6m? Hanley? We should get plenty for all our shite players

The biggest hurdle is the rule that they are not allowed to broadcast a live game on TV at 3pm on a Saturday. They've been doing their best over the years to move games around the weekend to get around this rule but the clubs will start kicking back if their matchday income is affected. In the US where all major sports are aired live most of the time, they have blackout rules which mean that should the game not sell out, it will not be aired on live TV in the local market, that could be something they implement but it would be difficult for some clubs to accept.

Thing is with this, it's always been stopped due to lower levels of the game potentially taking the hit. Who's going to go and watch say Bury if Man Utd are on the TV etc. However given the Premier League has typically shown a fair bit of contempt to the FA, let alone the lower leagues there is scope for this to no longer be the case.

As someone else has rightly said, the fact they make such a killing on their current market means there's little incentive to change anything currently.

:sweetjesus:

Will be remembered as one of the signings of the season in a years time, assuming the fee is reasonable and not like £30m

Really hope we get him, if the interest is genuine