Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

My transfer bath is getting cold here. Even put some transfer record bubbles in for good measure. This club is a fucking joke.

What's surprising me about this window is that we're one of two teams that have been linked with William Carvalho. The other is City, who lets face it could have bought him by now if they wanted.

Really would have thought Spurs and Man Utd would be in for him, or Liverpool to a lesser degree.

I see some people saying we spent 80m last summer, but looking at the fees involved it looks like it's more like 60m, and that's been entirely recpuped by the Sissoko and Wijnaldum sales. What am I missing?

didn't we spend ~£80 last summer and jan, get relegated, sell ~£80m in players but at the same time as spending ~£50m on new ones for the champo leaving a ~£30m profit?

that's how i recall it

What's surprising me about this window is that we're one of two teams that have been linked with William Carvalho. The other is City, who lets face it could have bought him by now if they wanted.

Really would have thought Spurs and Man Utd would be in for him, or Liverpool to a lesser degree.

Just because it's not being reported doesn't mean they aren't.

I see some people saying we spent 80m last summer, but looking at the fees involved it looks like it's more like 60m, and that's been entirely recpuped by the Sissoko and Wijnaldum sales. What am I missing?

didn't we spend ~£80 last summer and jan, get relegated, sell ~£80m in players but at the same time as spending ~£50m on new ones for the champo leaving a ~£30m profit?

that's how i recall it

87m from sales. 57m spent on players.

Although because Spurs haven't paid the balance of the 30m yet the club would have essentially broken even in terms of cash in the bank.

I really think this could be a factor in the hold up this summer.

that's how i recall it

Although because Spurs haven't paid the balance of the 30m yet the club would have essentially broken even in terms of cash in the bank.

do you know the terms of the sissoko deal like? i always thought it was standard for most clubs to spread the fee over contract length so around £6m a season or whatever

that's how i recall it

This is often put forward as a reason for us dawdling in the transfer market, maybe if it's leading to us being uncompetitive we should stop doing it.