Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Wales Online reckon £5m would be enough to get Montero from Swansea.

If that is true it is a complete shambles that he isn't already signed. No bid has been made apparently.

Fair few reports that Rafa's not interested in him.

First post in a while this.

I'm getting more worried as the days pass because we don't even look like we're in for anyone. Linked to 1,000 players in the press with new ones every day.

I think we need at least 5 more players in.

- Creative midfielder

- Holding midfielder, use Hayden as cover as he is untested at this level and we could be throwing him in deep. Plus we we only have three centre midfielders at the club, only two have played PL football.

- Winger.

- Striker. Gayle might do for the first few games, Mitro can be useful also, beyond that we need a 15 goal a season man at least.

- Keeper. I don't rate Karl Darlow much. His communication with his defence is poor and he can make a few errors, and I like Elliot but he's injury prone. Krul is hit and miss. Woodman untested.

The massive problem is finding any value and we all know the main thing with NUFC is value. Nathan Ake, £20m. Dummett must be worth at least £15m in that case.

We are linked with a lot of these players on loan like Ojo, Abraham and that Man City defender. I dont think they're better than what we have. We need quality players and we need them in fast.

It's criminal how even the mid table to lower end teams squads are streets ahead of ours and how we cannot compete with them for any transfer. Have these fuckwits not learned anything. Relegation number 3 coming up for Ashley in 10 months time as it stands. Rafa won't hang around to be a bottom feeder in the premier league

It's all going to go very very wrong in the next 7 to 8 weeks I can see it coming. As it stands now no way is there 3 worse teams than us and if Dummet,Colback,Lascelles,Mitrovic get any game time this season we are down imo. These are the bunch that got us relegated 2 seasons ago. If Gouffran gets a new deal then we can all see what is going on behind the scenes

It's criminal how even the mid table to lower end teams squads are streets ahead of ours and how we cannot compete with them for any transfer. Have these fuckwits not learned anything. Relegation number 3 coming up for Ashley in 10 months time as it stands. Rafa won't hang around to be a bottom feeder in the premier league

It's all going to go very very wrong in the next 7 to 8 weeks I can see it coming. As it stands now no way is there 3 worse teams than us and if Dummet,Colback,Lascelles,Mitrovic get any game time this season we are down imo. These are the bunch that got us relegated 2 seasons ago. If Gouffran gets a new deal then we can all see what is going on behind the scenes

Well, to take the point to it's obvious comparison, Nolan, Enrique, Colocinni, Barton, Gutierrez, Guthrie all flattered to deceive in the PL whilst playing a good chunk of games when we went down last time, and most had a significant role in bringing us straight back up, and with the exception of Guthrie, most were far more competent the second time around too.

Oh yeah, then I remember you said Colback :lol: Ok, at least the others have some talent and might improve.

ave these fuckwits not learned anything. Relegation number 3 coming up for Ashley in 10 months time as it stands.

just out of interest what would be your ideal outcome here?  we have a budget of ~£70m (of which we've spent around £15m) presumably based on solid financial numbers as a result of relegation and incoming TV money etc.

would your preference be that we spend the 18-19 PL TV money now in order to compete this summer and if so what do we do when it gets to 18-19?

i'm not having a go but the owner isn't going to pay for signings, we've known this for a very long time, so unless your answer is just sign the first players we can until we run out of ~£55m then i'm interested in what the alternative might be

Norwich apparently want £16 million for Murphy, scratch that one off

Or we could try negotiating a realistic price. We offered £8m, they want £16m. Somewhere in the middle would probably get the player. If we were serious.

Or we could try negotiating a realistic price. We offered £8m, they want £16m. Somewhere in the middle would probably get the player. If we were serious.

:thup:

Pretty sure we'd be able to get him for £10-£13m.

Is that our problem though?  A club potentially names a price a deal will get done at.  Despite there being the most money there has ever in the PL and at the risk of our world class manager being extremely unhappy we'd rather f*** about for the sake of 3/4 million to get the "best deal".  We p*ss about and get no one 

Is that our problem though?  A club potentially names a price a deal will get done at.  Despite there being the most money there has ever in the PL and at the risk of our world class manager being extremely unhappy we'd rather f*** about for the sake of 3/4 million to get the "best deal".  We p*ss about and get no one

Aye. Our problem is the slowness in which we operate. If Norwich have said they want £16m, we should be straight back in there with a £10-13m offer. If that gets rejected too, then I'd probably go and pay the £16m but we seem to drag it out over days/weeks.

I keep checking in, hoping something has happened, once again no news. If Rafa walks because of this, it'll feel worse than when we went down, huge missed opportunity to kick on as a club.

Think that's harsh. At least on Dummett and Lascelles. Who if they played 10 more games each we would've stayed up imo.

We went down last time due to a shocking defence and lack of a spine. Janmaat, Colo, Willo, Mbemba, Colback, Anita, Perez, De Jong, Mitro, Cisse all failed to make a positive enough impact.

Well, to take the point to it's obvious comparison, Nolan, Enrique, Colocinni, Barton, Gutierrez, Guthrie all flattered to deceive in the PL whilst playing a good chunk of games when we went down last time, and most had a significant role in bringing us straight back up, and with the exception of Guthrie, most were far more competent the second time around too.

Oh yeah, then I remember you said Colback :lol: Ok, at least the others have some talent and might improve.

Guthrie was ok in the PL imo.

Wales Online reckon £5m would be enough to get Montero from Swansea.

If that is true it is a complete shambles that he isn't already signed. No bid has been made apparently.

Fair few reports that Rafa's not interested in him.

Read a while back he's almost certain to move to LigaMX.