Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Can't agree to disagree tbh. I think your opinion is stupid.

There's absolutely no good reason to be against it. I'm proud to see us, literally, flying the flag. The perception of homosexuality in football is something that could really use a sea change and fair play to GF for contributing to that.

Guest neesy111

So should the club stop helping with the organisation of food bank collections since it has nothing to do with Football?  Ofcourse not.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - f*** off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

There is no point in it, that is the point. Everyone is welcome at SJP these days, black, white, gay, straight, male, female etc. We don't need to start holding flags up to prove it. Those who attend see it for themselves. A gay person is the same as me, all except for their sexual preference. They are welcome at St James' Park and I don't need to wave a flag around to show that to draw attention to them.

I think there's every point in displaying inclusiveness tbh. The subject matter isn't even necessarily relevant - but since we're discussing this subject: in this climate where homosexuality in football is very much unexposed and a fragile, emotive subject that negatively effects many people - I think it's a nice touch and worthy of its place among the rest of the flags.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I'd rather Gallowgate Flags concentrated on football themed displays but can see your PoV. I've donated to Gallowgate Flags on several occasions but this isn't something I'd support.

Nor does any charity, no one has a problem with them having nothing to do with football, nor do people refuse to support or donate to because they have nothing to do with football.

So should the club stop helping with the organisation of food bank collections since it has nothing to do with Football?  Ofcourse not.

I didn't realise the club were organising this. I thought it was a Gallowgate Flags initiative.

Nail on head. This is an issue for people because it's supporting homosexuality, end of story.

I didn't realise the club were organising this. I thought it was a Gallowgate Flags initiative.

Why would it matter who organised it?

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - fuck off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

This forum is notorious for absolutely hating minute's applause for deed kids, there's no chance that in 2 years time the general consensus won't be "fuck off with the fucking flags" :lol:

I've got no issue with this flag, but I think a trend will be started where it's just raising money for flags for absolutely everything (not necessarily on the back of this, it's just the way things seem to go).

Guest neesy111
This forum is notorious for absolutely hating minute's applause for deed kids.

That is a pathetic statement.

Because as I've said I'd rather Gallowgate Flags concentrated on football related displays in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at matches.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - fuck off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

This forum is notorious for absolutely hating minute's applause for deed kids, there's no chance that in 2 years time the general consensus won't be "fuck off with the fucking flags" [emoji38]

I've got no issue with this flag, but I think a trend will be started where it's just raising money for flags for absolutely everything (not necessarily on the back of this, it's just the way things seem to go).

[emoji38] Howeh.

Because as I've said I'd rather Gallowgate Flags concentrated on football related displays in an attempt to improve the atmosphere at matches.

But the point is, should we stop Collections for food banks?

This forum is notorious for absolutely hating minute's applause for deed kids, there's no chance that in 2 years time the general consensus won't be "fuck off with the fucking flags" :lol:

Take it at face value and look at it in isolation, though. It's clearly a positive step tackling a known issue in the game. It's a different thing to the endless clapping for Liam and John which has basically become insincere.

Guest firetotheworks

I can guarantee it'll happen like, about 3 or 4 flags in and the forum will turn.

Canny big difference between a minute's applause on the 17th minute in every single match, 2 years after the event, after the family has asked for it to stop, and another flag in amongst dozens of other flags like. If any one specifically impeded on my nerves I'd turn, but a flag or flags in amongst a sea of other flags isn't going to do that like. It depends on the cause obviously, but I think this one's justified.

It wasn't just Liam and John though, it got to the point where people were trying to organise things every other week. It's the natural course with how easy things are to spread with social media.

I'm not against this flag in any way fwiw, I think it's canny nice :lol:

But the point is, should we stop Collections for food banks?

Gallowgate Flags don't do Food Bank collections so I'm not sure what point it is you're trying to make. Newcastle United doing food bank collections is a great initiative that benefits less fortunate people in the community. Gallowgate Flags were set up to try to improve the abysmal atmosphere at SJP.