Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

You'd expect it will - Rafa still not 100% certain to stay (although I'm quite confident he will), last home game of the season before going up and also the potential of winning the title on the last day. I'd imagine GF and the fans will go all out.

I thought that would be the case v Preston and in truth it wasnt. I hope it will be though. O0

The fans were far too nervous at times against Preston because we're used to screwing up when it matters.  I wasn't nervous at all but I could hear and sense that most others were shitting themselves.  Hopefully we'll be past that stage when we play Barnsley because we're promoted regardless of what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard Barnsley fans saying 'that looks fucking class' and several variations along the same lines at the weekend. Hats off to these guys, done an outstanding job with this.

I was sceptical when it was first announced but I've been impressed with them.

It does seem to have had a positive effect on atmosphere too, imo. Although that could also be the Rafafactor, increased attendances and winning games.

One thing that does irk me, is the playing of music immediately before and after matches. Especially during the bigger games, the pre-match atmosphere often gets drowned out by the PA system and is therefore non-existent despite attempts by the corner. Nothing better than a stadium in full voice while the players are stood in the tunnel.

But equally, it'd sound shit if the music was cut and there was no atmosphere.

Well done to Heza and the lads and lasses involved.

:clap:

Cheers mate :thup:

Worjackie (?) On here is most deserving though as him and his family have spent endless amounts of time repairing flags and what not. Bat shit crazy levels of dedication.

Guest Howaythetoon

These guys deserve a winners medal as well, this is how a fan initiative should be ran. No egos, no band standing, no cringe, just great stuff all round.

I echo the sentiments of the above posts. All those connected with Gallowgate Flags deserve a huge pat on the back for their efforts this season. It was great being sat in the Gallowgate all year watching it develop week on week. Makes you proud to be a Geordie.

• 4 weeks later...

These guys deserve a winners medal as well, this is how a fan initiative should be ran. No egos, no band standing, no cringe,just great stuff all round.

Enter Stage Right - Michael Martin and his inflated ego.

hes an absolute tosspot of the highest order second only to that piss flap Steve Wraith