Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Or this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tile-Mate-Finder-Anything-Finder/dp/B01L3VEC08/ref=sr_1_6/258-9181375-1802333?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1502568590&sr=1-6&keywords=gps%2Btracker&th=1

You can get 8 for £15 each as well. Dunno how many of you there are, but £120 between a lot of you won't work out as that much.

Aye, probably like 5a each if most the main organisers chipped in.

Guest neesy111

Heron are you wanting to remotely track where a flag is btw or where it's been?

That Garmin is good for reporting where the device has been (e.g.  GPS Logger), but you won't be able to remotely track where it is live.  That requires a device that's powered and has a GSM sim card in.

That tile is exactly the same as the £1.35 from ebay you get but just has a better app etc.

The reason why I said earlier about the set-up in SJP is that you would need to configure the devices to some one's device within SJP and then if someone walked off with a flag then it would buzz if it went missing.  The issue i see is that the bluetooth range won't work for the whole of gallowgate.

That Garmin is good for reporting where the device has been, but you won't be able to remotely track where it is live.  That requires a device that's powered and has a GSM sim card in.

That tile is exactly the same as the £1.35 from ebay you get but just has a better app etc.

Chances are people who nick the flags aren't gonna carry them around all the time. So I guess it would just be to find where it has been (as it's not likely to move much).

To be honest by the time these were invested in and fitted it would probably be just as well to replace the flag. Still a good idea like and one I will ptu to the group.

Guest firetotheworks

That Garmin is good for reporting where the device has been, but you won't be able to remotely track where it is live.  That requires a device that's powered and has a GSM sim card in.

The reason why I said earlier about the set-up in SJP is that you would need to configure the devices to some one's device within SJP and then if someone walked off with a flag then it would buzz if it went missing.  The issue i see is that the bluetooth range won't work for the whole of gallowgate.

The tile one can be found using other tile users own bluetooth like. Again probably a bit pointless if there neeone using them. :(

I'll just stay out of it I reckon, you'll only end up buying a banana or something.

Guest neesy111

Chances are people who nick the flags aren't gonna carry them around all the time. So I guess it would just be to find where it has been (as it's not likely to move much).

To be honest by the time these were invested in and fitted it would probably be just as well to replace the flag. Still a good idea like and one I will ptu to the group.

Then the best solution would just be a GPS logger for that purpose.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got it! Just put iPhones into every flag and then use the phone tracker app if they're ever taken away! It'll only cost like £500 per flag.

Guest neesy111

This is what a proper GPS tracker is and cheapest I've come across.  I've ordered one as I've identified some projects it could be used for.  But it costs $5 a month for the data on it.  Obviously you won't be purchasing it, just for peoples information.

Guest neesy111

You're not going to start giving presents to people with these inside are you Neesy?

Might find out some secrets  :lol:

:lol: :lol: