Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Guest Howaythetoon

Will donate towards the branding only...

???

Don't get you mate?

Just joking, tried to donate via my iPad and half the page is missing, tried it in various browsers and still the same. Will donate tomorrow when I'm at home.

So you guys painted the Rafa flag yourselves?

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear.

The Rafa and Lascelles flags were professionally produced. The text banners ("this is Gallowgate," the Spanish ones and the ones from the Palace game) were all hand painted. As was the Back in Black (and White) one.

The future plan is to produce more by hand and elements of this upcoming display will more than likely also be hand-painted but this will also depend on the funds we can generate. It's important that the quality is there for this particular display, but I feel that with recent displays bigger has been better even if the minor intricacies weren't perfect.

Hope this clears it up a bit :thup:

The money donated the better the display or the more displays?

We have ideas in place for what we want to produce and the more money the easier it is to achieve those designs professionally.

However, excess money won't be wasted, and we may decide to hand paint what we can which will also lead to more displays / further flags being produced.

I have just re-joined the WhatsApp group and I'm catching up again, so the above is my understanding. but nonetheless we aim to continue being entirely transparent in what we do, and all funding goes towards generating as big an atmosphere for each game.

Once again I hope this provides some clarity :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

We have ideas in place for what we want to produce and the more money the easier it is to achieve those designs professionally.

However, excess money won't be wasted, and we may decide to hand paint what we can which will also lead to more displays / further flags being produced.

I have just re-joined the WhatsApp group and I'm catching up again, so the above is my understanding. but nonetheless we aim to continue being entirely transparent in what we do, and all funding goes towards generating as big an atmosphere for each game.

Not looking for transparency mate, should have worded that better. Just thinking about my own donation, I'd donate more if it meant a bigger better display for example with even more flags and stuff for the Leicester match.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Rafa and Lascelles flags were professionally produced. The text banners ("this is Gallowgate," the Spanish ones and the ones from the Palace game) were all hand painted. As was the Back in Black (and White) one.

The future plan is to produce more by hand and elements of this upcoming display will more than likely also be hand-painted but this will also depend on the funds we can generate. It's important that the quality is there for this particular display, but I feel that with recent displays bigger has been better even if the minor intricacies weren't perfect.

Love the pro banners, but you can't beat hand made efforts, I'd love to see more all around SJP. Loving the message type banners because they are actually using this to dispel myths about our club and team and us as fans.

Guest alijmitchell

Would there be plans to carry some stuff on throughout the games in future, instead of only before kick off?

This would be great, especially if some chants could get going alongside it. Like how the scarf waving at shearers testimonial lifted the singing

Not looking for transparency mate, should have worded that better. Just thinking about my own donation, I'd donate more if it meant a bigger better display for example with even more flags and stuff for the Leicester match.

Ah I get you mate, sorry. Aye, it's difficult for me to personally answer that at this stage if I'm honest. We're looking to go very big but we require the clubs' acceptance from both a financial and a H and S point of view. Finances and time are both going to define what we're capable of. As you can imagine we're just a group of normal lads and lasses, so our time is limited to produce stuff ourselves, and to have stuff professionally produced (or installed) obviously adds to cost. We also have to liaise with NUFC.

Sorry if this sounds defensive? :undecided: Just trying to shed some light on it, whilst not giving too much away. :thup:

As you can imagine we (the group) are very ambitious...

Would there be plans to carry some stuff on throughout the games in future, instead of only before kick off?

That is the thought behind the singing section in Block V. The aim to have that as a section that displays the flags, stands and sings all game and creates a display / atmosphere throughout. This will hopefully grow, and hopefully will expand into a Safe Standing larger section. All very much in the long term view.

Love the pro banners, but you can't beat hand made efforts, I'd love to see more all around SJP. Loving the message type banners because they are actually using this to dispel myths about our club and team and us as fans.

GF had more influence from TF members who had more to lose by pissing people off in the media and at the club previously. I think you'll see the group be a little more near the knuckle moving forward, particularly with regards to the shit in the media. We don't want to be seen as the voice of all fans, but we want to dispel absolutely horrendous shit that is spouted about NUFC by the ill-educated people in the media.

This would be great, especially if some chants could get going alongside it. Like how the scarf waving at shearers testimonial lifted the singing

I've come up with a new Lascelles song, which will hopefully take off when I sing it at the next home game. During winter we will promote the use of scarves and make an active attempt to get people waving them through the use of extended chanting. I'll discuss this with the group for you too :thup:

Lads, we don't want to say too much because we're not sure yet if we're allowed to do what we would like. To put it mildly there will have been nothing like it in a stadium in the U.K. ever! We're trying to raise as much as possible because it's going to cost a lot of money. Like heron said the big  caracature type flags and surfers are still professionally produced as are the old shirt flags but the slogans and banners are painted by ourselves and funded internally. If we are not allowed to do what we want ( you can speculate but don't ask ) you can all be assured that the money will still be spent on future displays.

We're hoping to have an answer by the end of next week but please don't stop that from you donating , it will still be spectacular but maybe not quite as spectacular as we would like. I'll leave it at that.