Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Guest alijmitchell

Would there be plans to carry some stuff on throughout the games in future, instead of only before kick off?

This would be great, especially if some chants could get going alongside it. Like how the scarf waving at shearers testimonial lifted the singing

I've come up with a new Lascelles song, which will hopefully take off when I sing it at the next home game. During winter we will promote the use of scarves and make an active attempt to get people waving them through the use of extended chanting. I'll discuss this with the group for you too :thup:

Class, and well done you all, once again

Would there be plans to carry some stuff on throughout the games in future, instead of only before kick off?

This would be great, especially if some chants could get going alongside it. Like how the scarf waving at shearers testimonial lifted the singing

I've come up with a new Lascelles song, which will hopefully take off when I sing it at the next home game. During winter we will promote the use of scarves and make an active attempt to get people waving them through the use of extended chanting. I'll discuss this with the group for you too :thup:

Class, and well done you all, once again

Thanks!

FYI the Lascelles song is:

We've got our captain at the back - Lascelles, Lascelles,

He's gonna stop your teams attack - Lascelles, Lascelles,

We've got our captain at the back, he's gonna stop your teams attack, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags!

Nana nana nana nana, Lascelles! Lascelles!

We've got our captain at the back, he's gonna stop your teams attack, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags!

[repeat]

Lads, we don't want to say too much because we're not sure yet if we're allowed to do what we would like. To put it mildly there will have been nothing like it in a stadium in the U.K. ever! We're trying to raise as much as possible because it's going to cost a lot of money. Like heron said the big  caracature type flags and surfers are still professionally produced as are the old shirt flags but the slogans and banners are painted by ourselves and funded internally. If we are not allowed to do what we want ( you can speculate but don't ask ) you can all be assured that the money will still be spent on future displays.

We're hoping to have an answer by the end of next week but please don't stop that from you donating , it will still be spectacular but maybe not quite as spectacular as we would like. I'll leave it at that.

Cheers for confirming Graeme

Just donated there. Best of luck with this one. Can't wait to see it/be involved in it!

In about a week we should have a far better idea of exactly what's happening. We're rolling with 2 plans at present.

That is the thought behind the singing section in Block V. The aim to have that as a section that displays the flags, stands and sings all game and creates a display / atmosphere throughout. This will hopefully grow, and hopefully will expand into a Safe Standing larger section. All very much in the long term view.

:thup:

[repeat]

:lol: nice. Could change up the 3rd line though?

edit -

A Ritchie corner from the left, Lascelles goes up, it's in the net, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags

:shifty:

[repeat]

:lol: nice. Could change up the 3rd line though?

edit -

A Ritchie corner from the left, Lascelles goes up, it's in the net, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags

:shifty:

Class, maybe "Jaaaamal" instead of "we've got".  :)

The homemade flags that have been on display recently have been absolutely fantastic, well done to all of those involved.

That one with the Spanish quote was brilliant. Rafa's face when he saw it was one of my favorite NUFC pics for a good while. :love: