Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Is the focus on one-off displays now? Sorry if that’s been asked.

Fantastic work either way.

Not entirely.

The displays will normally feature the professionally made flags such as the legends and surfers, kit flags, etc. As these are kind of our bread and butter. We'll try and keep it as fresh as possible so that from game to game it is slightly different. However, for bigger games or on odd occasions we will try to go more tifo and "one off" with the production of new and relevant banners, such as last weekend.

The Rafa and JL flags can be utilized a lot more but the accompanying slogan maybe not. The main intention is to keep it fresh, but also expected if that makes sense. The base level should be bog standard wavers and the large surfer at least, it's what should be expected. The stuff on top of that (or occasionally instead) should be fresh just to keep people interested and motivated.

That goes for the players too. Now that JL has one, maybe other team members might wonder where their's are. Hopefully it inspires them and gets their attention / captures their imagination.

Hope that makes sense.

FYI the Lascelles song is:

We've got our captain at the back - Lascelles, Lascelles,

He's gonna stop your teams attack - Lascelles, Lascelles,

We've got our captain at the back, he's gonna stop your teams attack, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags!

Nana nana nana nana, Lascelles! Lascelles!

We've got our captain at the back, he's gonna stop your teams attack, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags!

[repeat]

[emoji38] nice. Could change up the 3rd line though?

edit -

A Ritchie corner from the left, Lascelles goes up, it's in the net, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags

:shifty:

Class, maybe "Jaaaamal" instead of "we've got".  :)

Might give that a go. Gonna have to try and memorise this before I give it a 10minute airing vs Bournemouth [emoji38]

Couldn't remember mate was just answering off the top of my head. :thup:

Liverpool used for Torres and many other fan groups have used it previously IIRC. Just works well for JL and cannot think of many other catchy tunes that do

FYI the Lascelles song is:

[repeat]

[emoji38] nice. Could change up the 3rd line though?

edit -

A Ritchie corner from the left, Lascelles goes up, it's in the net, we've got La-scelles; captain of the mags

:shifty:

Class, maybe "Jaaaamal" instead of "we've got".  :)

Might give that a go. Gonna have to try and memorise this before I give it a 10minute airing vs Bournemouth [emoji38]

I think traditionally you're supposed to put on a mask and some 70s gladrags, stick a kielbasa down your pants, dress up your goon mate in a onesie an sing it on twitter.

To the tune of?

When Johnny Goes Marching in (?) by the clash / sex pistols (?) / The animals went in 2 by 2  :lol:

Patrick Gilmore,1863.

Was The Clash not Johnny was?

Stiff Little Fingers?

Its the clash, English civil war from Give em enough rope

To the tune of?

When Johnny Goes Marching in (?) by the clash / sex pistols (?) / The animals went in 2 by 2  :lol:

Patrick Gilmore,1863.

Was The Clash not Johnny was?

Stiff Little Fingers?

Aye, "Johnny was" was SLF (seen them a few times, best at the Ulster Hall) can't think of a punk band singing "Johnny comes marching home" or maybe I'm pissed/stoned (delete as appropriate) :)

We should be able to share a bit more information next week chaps. Just trying to sort a few things first. Feel free to share and donate as we're aiming to go big here. Hopefully we don't disappoint.

:lol: Aye, sorry Newsted, must have been tight. Just saw SLF and confused myself, anyway, back on track. Heron and the rest of you lads keep up the good work, the displays look class and i will be donating this evening. :clap2:"Howay the flags". :clap2:

:lol: Aye, sorry Newsted, must have been tight. Just saw SLF and confused myself, anyway, back on track. Heron and the rest of you lads keep up the good work, the displays look class and i will be donating this evening. :clap2:"Howay the flags". :clap2:

Nee bother, fucked it up meself trying to post on me phone at lunchtime. This might look better.

To the tune of?

f*** knas what the original song is.  Probably some nursery rhyme like most songs :lol:

Was Liverpools Torres song originally wasnt it?

Man united when Jonny goes marching down the wing o Shea o Shea etc etc

Aye :thup:

It's not the standard "Ultra" approach but here in the UK that wouldn't really get us anywhere.

Obviously a rapport with the club has already been established too under Gallowgate Flags and to be honest whilst it's all one way we need to try and keep them on side.

Nonetheless, we're trying to push boundaries and really make ourselves pioneers in English football for bringing back the type of atmosphere you see elsewhere across the globe. Hopefully, in the long term this will include safe standing (imo)  and flags going all game. Rather than being abused by middle aged men because they missed the players enter the field of play.

For us it's about developing a culture and under this manager it's our best opportunity. We're going to be looking at ways of developing this culture later in the season and there's a couple of ideas up my sleeve but just need to run it by the lads once the Leicester game is done.

We're trying not to tell people too much as we feel the displays are better when they're a surprise. However, on occasion for the sake of transparency we may need to at least release some information to be clear what people are donating to.

Sorry for the essay, just trying to provide a little more insight.