Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

It's a tough one. What's not is to start chanting against him. Fucking awful that - I wouldn't even do to Jack Colback.

Has that happened? Embarrassing if so.

Mind you he does look an utter waste of time. If it's purely a confidence thing he must be extremely weak of mind.

David de Gea made a lot of mistakes in his first season in England. Man City's new keeper has dropped a few bollocks this season. I'm not saying Sels will ever be as good as any of them but we tend to write players off very quickly here.

He did but he also showed flashes of absolute brilliance at times to suggest there was something there to work with. Sels has shown none of that and just about everything that gets hit at him goes past him and the less said about his attempts to claim crosses the better.

Wouldn't give up on him after a handful of games. As others have said, De Gea took a while.

I'd prefer to give him time. I can remember Pav when he first arrived, I was terrified every time a cross came over.

Wouldn't give up on him after a handful of games. As others have said, De Gea took a while.

I'd prefer to give him time. I can remember Pav when he first arrived, I was terrified every time a cross came over.

Not as terrified as old Pav was .

David de Gea made a lot of mistakes in his first season in England. Man City's new keeper has dropped a few bollocks this season. I'm not saying Sels will ever be as good as any of them but we tend to write players off very quickly here.

He did but he also showed flashes of absolute brilliance at times to suggest there was something there to work with. Sels has shown none of that and just about everything that gets hit at him goes past him and the less said about his attempts to claim crosses the better.

The shots that he does stop he spills straight to the opposition.

With Elliot fit again, hopefully we've seen the last of him.

Guest firetotheworks

It's a tough one. What's not is to start chanting against him. Fucking awful that - I wouldn't even do to Jack Colback.

Mind you he does look an utter waste of time. If it's purely a confidence thing he must be extremely weak of mind.

Extremely weak of mind ffs. [emoji38] I can't say I'd perform at my best if I fucked up and then had thousands of people telling me that I'm shit.

Extremely weak of mind ffs. [emoji38] I can't say I'd perform at my best if I fucked up and then had thousands of people telling me that I'm shit.

Whey he's not going to be a quality goalkeeper if he's the same.

I was in early yesterday and his kicking in the warm up, under no pressure at all, was absolutely shocking.

It was atrocious yesterday

I watched the same warm up and after his first practice kick, every one was basically fired straight at the fat bloke with grey hair. And his saving and handling in the warm up was perfect as well. I'm not ready to write him off yet, he had a great reputation and has a great physique for goalkeeping. Which is not to say that that cross yesterday and goal against Hull don't still make my blood boil.

Guest firetotheworks

That's not really the point. When it's your own fans exasperating it, and even so, there are very, very few players who would still be at their best with their own fans telling them that they're shit. Even the best have caved in those circumstances.

I was in early yesterday and his kicking in the warm up, under no pressure at all, was absolutely shocking.

It was atrocious yesterday

I watched the same warm up and after his first practice kick, every one was basically fired straight at the fat bloke with grey hair. And his saving and handling in the warm up was perfect as well. I'm not ready to write him off yet, he had a great reputation and has a great physique for goalkeeping. Which is not to say that that cross yesterday and goal against Hull don't still make my blood boil.

When he was practicing his kicking, to Darlow not Simon Smith (the 'keeper coach who was laying them off for him), he was awful.

That's not really the point. When it's your own fans exasperating it, and even so, there are very, very few players who would still be at their best with their own fans telling them that they're shit. Even the best have caved in those circumstances.

What stick is he getting though bar the usual Twitter numpties? Worst I've heard at matches is the usual groans after every failed flap.

Wasn't at Birmingham yesterday like.

What stick is he getting though bar the usual Twitter numpties? Worst I've heard at matches is the usual groans after every failed flap.

Wasn't at Birmingham yesterday like.

He'll have heard some of the abuse directed at home from individuals in the away end yesterday. The Darlow song was sang at him briefly but most of the away end didn't join in.

It's pathetic, like, how badly people need their favourites and targets. There are cunts in our squad who've been robbing the club for years but Sels is just a young keeper doing his best who was bought by mistake. Not his fault he's not up to it.

Just a repeat of what happened with Thauvin. That "Soft as s****" stuff down at Watford when he'd been given 2 minutes as usual was pathetic.

Cabella got that treatment at Villa away a couple of seasons ago too. Never seems to happen to Perez though who's the worst of the lot.

Just a repeat of what happened with Thauvin. That "Soft as s****" stuff down at Watford when he'd been given 2 minutes as usual was pathetic.

Cabella got that treatment at Villa away a couple of seasons ago too. Never seems to happen to Perez though who's the worst of the lot.

I think Perez gets slightly away with it with the crowds because he's actually put some good performances for the club albeit quite a while ago now

Not saying it's  right to give any player stick btw