Newcastle 3-2 Vitesse Arnhem FT

Magpie

Guest chopey

I went to that, think David Villa came on for the second half and was just so much better than everyone else.

Also remember Carroll having a great game at SJP v Juventus in a pre season friendly and Buffon said he was going to be one of the best strikers in the world one day

Was that the Del Piero standing ovation game.

I went to that, think David Villa came on for the second half and was just so much better than everyone else.

Also remember Carroll having a great game at SJP v Juventus in a pre season friendly and Buffon said he was going to be one of the best strikers in the world one day

Was that the Del Piero standing ovation game.

I'm nearly sure that was 98 and the Carroll game was more like 2007/2008 or around there.

Only standing ovation I can remember in a friendly was for Kluivert a year or two before we signed him.

Don't think Del Piero played in the Juve friendly, think Nedved did though, which was class. Think they were in Serie B that steason

Only standing ovation I can remember in a friendly was for Kluivert a year or two before we signed him.

Don't think Del Piero played in the Juve friendly, think Nedved did though, which was class. Think they were in Serie B that steason

Kluivert got a standing ovation when Barca dicked us 3-0 at home in the CL. Murdered us that night.

Del Piero played in a friendly at St James' in 98, I remember it well because we'd just signed Hamann (in fact I think he scored in the game) and I moved to the US that summer, we played them right before I left in August and I remember Del Piero getting a great reception, standing ovations when he took corners etc.

Guest neesy111

I think he's on about the 98 friendly v Juventus.

Pretty sure that was their first season back in Serie A

Carroll game against Juve was July 2007, just looked it up. Del Piero game was definitely Aug 98

Guest neesy111

Carroll game against Juve was July 2007, just looked it up. Del Piero game was definitely Aug 98

Yeah it was as I went to it.  Lippi said after the game we could challenge for the league.  [emoji38]

Might well have been when they'd just got back to Serie A. Just remember their fans having a sign saying thanks to the players who'd stuck with them during their forced relegations. And Ranieri I think was furious at their performance that he refused to make huge changes at half time to punish the players who were playing.

On the topic of home friendlies, we played PSV about 5 years ago and James Perch committed a terrible last man tackle in the first 3 minutes and I thought it was going to be one of the quickest red cards in a friendly ever but the ref (probably sensibly) only gave him a yellow

Kluivert got a standing ovation when Barca dicked us 3-0 at home in the CL. Murdered us that night.

Was 2-0 in the CL. And he got one in the friendly too

Sadly I wasn't old enough to go to the Juve 1998 friendly

Was 2-0 in the CL. And he got one in the friendly too

Sadly I wasn't old enough to go to the Juve 1998 friendly

Stuart Pearce scored a blammer from a free-kick

Never known someone so angry at not being able to watch friendlies as sbnufc

:lol:

Just given the lack of streams for a lot of our games this season (I assume) I want as much as I can get, and I would have thought some shitty pre-season friendlies wouldnt be too much to ask. Not even one!

Anyone else at the Bayern friendly in 2003(?)

Seem to remember Shearer scored a decent volley. Doesn't seem to be any footage on youtube.

Hargreaves scored a canny free kick for them as well IIRC.