Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The remaining fixtures are pretty kind, like. 3 of the 4 have nothing to play for.

This "nothing to play for" thing is a nonsense, isn't it?  People band it about as if it means something, but it's just a throwaway platitude that doesn't take into account the complexities of real life.  For all we know, Ipswich will play better with no pressure on them :lol:  Like we did on the last day against Spurs.

People throw it about like the absolutely relevant point it is.

So there is a well documented decrease in performance from teams with "nothing to play for"?

The remaining fixtures are pretty kind, like. 3 of the 4 have nothing to play for.

This "nothing to play for" thing is a nonsense, isn't it?  People band it about as if it means something, but it's just a throwaway platitude that doesn't take into account the complexities of real life.  For all we know, Ipswich will play better with no pressure on them :lol:  Like we did on the last day against Spurs.

So there is a well documented decrease in performance from teams with "nothing to play for"?

Aye. Remember Everton at sunderland last season?

Aye. Remember Everton at sunderland last season?

Well, that's me convinced.

6 for me games are running out and sadly whenever we fall behind or go in front by just one goal i can always see us fucking it up , The Huddersfield game yesterday was an amazing comeback something we have lacked in closing games

Guest taps01

Fwiw Ipswich have only lost one at home in four months.

Nothing to worry about, I read so on here so it must be true.

Only won a couple in that period as well. They draw a lot of games.

6 for me games are running out and sadly whenever we fall behind or go in front by just one goal i can always see us fucking it up , The Huddersfield game yesterday was an amazing comeback something we have lacked in closing games

Amazing comeback :lol: They were 1-0 down in the first half and they nearly managed to fuck it up anyway but for a penalty in the 96th minute.

6 for me games are running out and sadly whenever we fall behind or go in front by just one goal i can always see us f***ing it up , The Huddersfield game yesterday was an amazing comeback something we have lacked in closing games

Your point is valid, if you ignore our not too distant comeback away at Brighton or when we 'saw the game out' in any of the 12 matches we've won by one goal this season.

With six games left I thought we'd win four, lose one, and draw one. I still think (hope) this. That would give 97 points. If Brighton win two, draw one, and lose one. Title is ours. Promotion will be confirmed before then, despite collective angst and predictable lack of quality in key positions, the performance yesterday was from a team (and crowd) fully up for it. Could be a fantastic final game against Barnsley. Here's hoping.

Guest neesy111

With six games left I thought we'd win four, lose one, and draw one. I still think (hope) this. That would give 97 points. If Brighton win two, draw one, and lose one. Title is ours. Promotion will be confirmed before then, despite collective angst and predictable lack of quality in key positions, the performance yesterday was from a team (and crowd) fully up for it. Could be a fantastic final game against Barnsley. Here's hoping.

You've missed a game out for brighton.

Have they not played 42 as well?

i've always thought we had the hardest set of fixtures in this run in and we've hit a period of being unable to win games at the wrong time losing gayle and clark when we really needed them, thankfully hayden has come back...rafa needs to flog him for the next 4 games tbh

i think we'll draw with ipswich win 2 draw 1 of the last 3 which will obviously be enough

in terms of huddersfield slipping up i think it has to come in their next 2 games vs derby and fulham, if they win both of them i think they'll finish the season very strongly and push us all the way

Guest neesy111

Have they not played 42 as well?

Sorry my mistake.

Making up for 4 points over 4 games is a very tall order.

Accepted. But no fat ladies (Leeds fans  :lol:) singing when they simply need to lose one and draw one. Not too different from their good recent form (three losses [30%] and seven wins) and my optimistic runes tell me they are overdue a draw. Think back, we weren't drawing many, but the four draws in our last ten is basically what puts us so far behind. Turn two of them into wins and we would be top on GD. Bottom line is we now need to win all of our games.