Brentford manager: Alan Judge won't join Newcastle this summer

Nobody

Happy we've bought another winger in, Rafa is obviously confident we can get by until Judge comes back.

Or he's being hamstrung by the board and having his options narrowed?

What evidence do you have to suggest that? :lol:

If Rafa started to get fucked about, he'd leave. He's still here, so we can only presume all is okay.

I mean, we've not invested anything so far this window, and might be looking at a £20m odd profit, depending upon what fees are to be believed. There's no reason we couldn't be putting in proper offers for the likes of Knockaert/Forestierieriei et al.

I also really don’t get this nonsense about Rafa being the world’s most principled man, who would kick up a fuss immediately should he not get his way. If he was all that principled, he wouldn’t be here in the first place.

p.s. I have zero opinion on this actual transfer. Nee fucking idea who this marra is.

Brighton and Sheff Wed would not accept bids for their star players when they could keep them and try to gain promotion which will give them £100m+

To buy either of those players we'd be talking about daft money.

We are not Man City or Chelsea, we cant spend daft money on two players in the Championship :lol: Especially when there is no guarantee anyone will buy Sissoko.

Again, I'll point out that Rafa seems happy with the way things are going and there is no evidence to suggest there is an issue.

So is there no other wingers out there other than Knockaert (who we can't get) and Judge (who is goosed)? Two players we've scouted and linked to in the past (Knockaert when he was at Guingamp, Judge when he was at Blackburn). This suggests that we're still working largely within the same scouting network and framework as we have in the past, but with more freedom on age and in terms of being domestically based. I was honestly expecting Rafa to revolution this side of things and have us finding players from a much wider net.

Brighton and Sheff Wed would not accept bids for their star players when they could keep them and try to gain promotion which will give them £100m+

To buy either of those players we'd be talking about daft money.

We are not Man City or Chelsea, we cant spend daft money on two players in the Championship :lol: Especially when there is no guarantee anyone will buy Sissoko.

Again, I'll point out that Rafa seems happy with the way things are going and there is no evidence to suggest there is an issue.

I don't really believe that Sheffield Wednesday wouldn't accept the right bid for anyone.

Anyway, it's more whether you believe the reports that we were putting in realistic bids (~£10m) or stupid bids that we know will be rejected. Given our history, and ownership, my guess it's the latter.

Think we're just having to swallow a bit of the reality of what it means to be relegated. Even with Rafa we can't just go around and sign anyone. Selling a star player could cost a promotion rival £100m (just for starters). Even with Rafa we have to look for other targets.

That said, I agree Judge is a questionable signing short term but will wait to see who else we sign in the rest of the window.

Think we're just having to swallow a bit of the reality of what it means to be relegated. Even with Rafa we can't just go around and sign anyone. Selling a star player could cost a promotion rival £100m (just for starters). Even with Rafa we have to look for other targets.

That said, I agree Judge is a questionable signing short term but will wait to see who else we sign in the rest of the window.

Personally, I reckon there's a fair gap between "signing anyone" and signing a broken-legged Alan Judge.

Personally, I reckon there's a fair gap between "signing anyone" and signing a broken-legged Alan Judge.

Sure, that's why I said he's a questionable signing but I'm hoping for others.

I think Judge will turn out to be an astute signing by the end of the season if his stats are anything to go by. He's not going to be a world beater but if we go up we should more than get our money back if we decide to sell. Clearly Rafa rates him, otherwise why would he sanction signing someone who's not going to be available until November?

But who has proposed that we should be going round and "signing anyone"? And who are these anyones you refer to?

We'd probably not get Aguero right now, but I can't say I believe it to be all that adventurous to say we should be putting in competitive bids for the likes of Knockaert, should we rate him.

If he is our only winger signing, we are basically going into the next few months of the season with two wingers, and one in Aaron's who hasn't even been picked to start yet. The guy also had an operation a week ago, so reports of a November return are pretty optimistic. 

But who has proposed that we should be going round and "signing anyone"? And who are these anyones you refer to?

We'd probably not get Aguero right now, but I can't say I believe it to be all that adventurous to say we should be putting in competitive bids for the likes of Knockaert, should we rate him.

I didn't mean it literally, jeez. Rephrased, it's no surprise that we aren't hoovering up the star players of promotion rivals and/or persuading PL players to drop down a league.

As a Brentford season ticket holder, can I just say that Alan Judge is actually class. Arguably the best player in the Championship last year. Absolutely carried a relatively shit Brentford, 14 goals and 11 assists. He can play CAM/No.10/either wing. Buzzes around all over the final third, got a great eye for through balls, has a superb shot/cross on him and can carry the ball really well. His passing in tight spaces is really neat and tidy too. I would imagine Gayle with Judge behind him as a combo will wipe teams away in the championship.

Kind of gutted he's leaving Brentford if I'm honest but I guess he's earned his shot at a bigger club and cannot begrudge him a move.

As a Brentford season ticket holder, can I just say that Alan Judge is actually class. Arguably the best player in the Championship last year. Absolutely carried a relatively s*** Brentford, 14 goals and 11 assists. He can play CAM/No.10/either wing. Buzzes around all over the final third, got a great eye for through balls, has a superb shot/cross on him and can carry the ball really well. His passing in tight spaces is really neat and tidy too. I would imagine Gayle with Judge behind him as a combo will wipe teams away in the championship.

Kind of gutted he's leaving Brentford if I'm honest but I guess he's earned his shot at a bigger club and cannot begrudge him a move.

What's his actual position?

As a Brentford season ticket holder, can I just say that Alan Judge is actually class. Arguably the best player in the Championship last year. Absolutely carried a relatively shit Brentford, 14 goals and 11 assists. He can play CAM/No.10/either wing. Buzzes around all over the final third, got a great eye for through balls, has a superb shot/cross on him and can carry the ball really well. His passing in tight spaces is really neat and tidy too. I would imagine Gayle with Judge behind him as a combo will wipe teams away in the championship.

:thup:

Just a shame his leg's broken.

Are his lungs fully inflated?

Have a feeling we'll get a 'foreign' winger in, perhaps on loan, to help see us through until this shit Paddy can run again.

Can't help but think saying we're using the same scouting network as ever after targeting two of the league's higher bracket attacking players is a bit of a melodramatic stretch. The window isn't over either...

As a Brentford season ticket holder, can I just say that Alan Judge is actually class. Arguably the best player in the Championship last year. Absolutely carried a relatively s*** Brentford, 14 goals and 11 assists. He can play CAM/No.10/either wing. Buzzes around all over the final third, got a great eye for through balls, has a superb shot/cross on him and can carry the ball really well. His passing in tight spaces is really neat and tidy too. I would imagine Gayle with Judge behind him as a combo will wipe teams away in the championship.

What's his actual position?

He mainly played CAM for Brentford last year. In the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, and was really exciting. The season before that though he was mainly playing on the left of that. He's a bit of a drifter though he just sort of crops up all over the final third.

:thup:

Just a shame his leg's broken.

Are his lungs fully inflated?

:lol: He's gonna be like, wtf??

Sorry mate, but we've got some nolijibul football fans who've already decided he's championship shite, that too with a broken leg. You might have Rafa and a few easily pleased on here fooled but ye'll not this one past the healthy sceptics on here.

Rather than quality, i think the majority of people are concerned about his availability.

That being said, if the report of him being fit 'well before Christmas' is correct then he could still play a big part in the second half of the season.

I've never seen him play so I've got nothing to say about quality. But, we really need a winger now, and we're signing one with a broken leg. It's really understandable to be pissed off with it, especially given our history of transfer business :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen Judge play, reading posts from those who have sounds like we're getting a skilful attacker in his prime, albeit carrying a risky injury. Saying that, if Gouffran and Sissoko go, we will need another left sided option even if it's short term.

Rather than quality, i think the majority of people are concerned about his availability.

That being said, if the report of him being fit 'well before Christmas' is correct then he could still play a big part in the second half of the season.

I've never seen him play so I've got nothing to say about quality. But, we really need a winger now, and we're signing one with a broken leg. It's really understandable to be pissed off with it, especially given our history of transfer business :lol:

Exactly :lol:

He could be the David Silva + Goals that Steggy describes, but its not ideal if he possibly won't be at full speed until halfway through the season.