Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion 17.30 27/08/2016 (Sky Sports 1)

Dan

Not referring to that post/this place specifically but generally I think many of our fans still think we're just gonna blow away every team that comes to SJP. Our squad isn't massively superior to everyone else, it's a Championship team full of Championship-level players. No shit you may say, but I think many still see us a Prem-level squad just dabbling in the Championship which we aren't.

People happy with a draw at home....Just can't understand it, disappointing.

We have no goalscorers for this game.

Matt Ritchie? Diame? Perez might have a little bit confidence back. We are not playing f***ing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. And we are at home.

I'm with you in that I think we'll win this. I was more pointing out why people wouldn't be too upset with a draw considering the situation we find ourselves in for the match.

Why? Are we the invincibles, a probable top 6 side with a class manager, decent players. And we are not totally convincing yet, scraping wins. Of course a win is wanted but a draw is not a bad result.

I'm not expecting us to win this easily, but i still wouldn't be happy with a point at home. Jesus!

Huddersfield at home?

I get your attitude, we all want a win. But reality is they should be respected, us at home or not. Can't just assume we are at home, we should win.

:lol: so because we lost against Huddersfield at home we can be happy about a point at home? Like i said i'm not assuming a win, but f*** he'll no would i be happy with a point.

No, not at all. Your sounding like the "home" thing is some sort of guarantee. And any side coming here we shouldn't fear.

Brighton are a very good side mate, I can't really say anymore. I hope your positive sentiments are spot on all the same.

Not sure how you can misunderstand me this much, man. Nothing is ever a guaranteed, of course it not. I've supported Newcastle since 93 and trust me there's been "a few times" where things haven't gone our way, for hundreds of different reasons :lol: I'm not expecting us to win easily because we're ar home, like i said before, and apparently i had to say it again..But i still wouldn't be happy with a point at home, i want all 3, Whether we get them or not is one thing. And i know Brighton are a good side. I'm dreading the game like most of our games because after supporting Newcastle for a while you kind of have experienced all kinds of disappointment and failure. But if the day comes that i realise that i'm happy with a point at home against a Championship team, before a ball has even been kicked then i would worry about my passion for the club. I know we're in the Championship as well....

Why? Are we the invincibles, a probable top 6 side with a class manager, decent players. And we are not totally convincing yet, scraping wins. Of course a win is wanted but a draw is not a bad result.

I'm not expecting us to win this easily, but i still wouldn't be happy with a point at home. Jesus!

Huddersfield at home?

I get your attitude, we all want a win. But reality is they should be respected, us at home or not. Can't just assume we are at home, we should win.

:lol: so because we lost against Huddersfield at home we can be happy about a point at home? Like i said i'm not assuming a win, but f*** he'll no would i be happy with a point.

No, not at all. Your sounding like the "home" thing is some sort of guarantee. And any side coming here we shouldn't fear.

Brighton are a very good side mate, I can't really say anymore. I hope your positive sentiments are spot on all the same.

Not sure how you can misunderstand me this much, man. Nothing is ever a guaranteed, of course it not. I've supported Newcastle since 93 and trust me there's been "a few times" where things haven't gone our way, for hundreds of different reasons :lol: I'm not expecting us to win easily because we're ar home, like i said before, and apparently i had to say it again..But i still wouldn't be happy with a point at home, i want all 3, Whether we get them or not is one thing. And i know Brighton are a good side. I'm dreading the game like most of our games because after supporting Newcastle for a while you kind of have experienced all kinds of disappointment and failure. But if the day comes that i realise that i'm happy with a point at home against a Championship team, before a ball has even been kicked then i would worry about my passion for the club. I know we're in the Championship as well....

Haven't misunderstood you.

I'd still take a point at home vs Brighton.

Enjoy your passion.👍

I think it's more important that Perez gets on the scoresheet in the league than a win too, a 2-1 defeat with a late Perez consolation would be fantastic.

"Fantastic"

What the fuck are you on about?

I purposefully didn't reply to this on account of not wanting to be whooshed.

:dontknow:

I think it's more important that Perez gets on the scoresheet in the league than a win too, a 2-1 defeat with a late Perez consolation would be fantastic.

"Fantastic"

What the f*** are you on about?

I purposefully didn't reply to this on account of not wanting to be whooshed.

:dontknow: Seems serious enough.

At the end of the day if promation is the ambition and what is expected then we should expect to win the vast majority of our home games and that includes against potential promotion rivals as they're the biggest games. Last time we only drew twice at home iirc and won all else. We have every right to have gone into this season expecting similar home form with the money we've spent and players we have got. We have already fucked up once at home which was an unacceptable defeat. The players should be happy with a win today but a draw is two points dropped could virtually mean more come the end of the season if Brighton are up there with us. If we were away fair enough a point is not bad but we have to win our home games no excuses.

There can be a difference between whats realistic & what you'd be happy with.

The reality is we're going into a game without a striker who's scored at this level or above any time recently. You could debatably still expect we should win regardless, think we've been shown that its not necessarily that simple though. We should be able to keep CS against most sides at this level imo & the odd goal from someone who isnt a striker is hardly expecting the world.

They have players above this level though, Murray has goals at prem level for starters & looks a great loan for them.