Newcastle United 2 - 0 Brighton - 27/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Disco

Anyone notice in the first half when Shelvey was driving forward and being pulled back about 30 yards from goal, miscontrolled the ball then went diving in on one of the wildest lunges on their player to win back the ball? Was certain he was going to get sent off for that but the referee had already pulled it back for a foul to us and I don't think he even seen the Shelvey 'tackle' :lol:

Then about 5 minutes later he did get booked for another reckless tackle.

I think it's only a debate because we're not used to players colliding with the keeper as much. If he was a yard late on an outfield player there'd be no arguments.

There would be arguments if he made little or no contact and the player play acted :lol:

Anyone notice in the first half when Shelvey was driving forward and being pulled back about 30 yards from goal, miscontrolled the ball then went diving in on one of the wildest lunges on their player to win back the ball? Was certain he was going to get sent off for that but the referee had already pulled it back for a foul to us and I don't think he even seen the Shelvey 'tackle' :lol:

Then about 5 minutes later he did get booked for another reckless tackle.

The free kick we got from that, led to our goal.

He goes for a ball he has no chance of winning. It was obvious he was never winning it and he made no attempt to move out of the way when Sels kicked the ball. Wanted a flashpoint, just didn't get the one he was hoping for

I think it's a yellow, just. He deserved to be off anyway for being a cheating, fouling little s***.

This. Brighton were the worst,  whingiest set of twats we've seen up here for some time,  niggly little fouls and blatant play acting to win free kicks all afternoon.