Newcastle United 2 - 0 Brighton - 27/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Disco

Guest palnese

Baldock went for the ball - Sels got to it first - Baldock runs into Sels' leg.

Don't see how it's a booking as he didn't really do anything wrong. These things happen.

I thought it was kinda harsh, was late but you kinda expect strikers to go for those chances too albeit he did it badly, don't think there was any malice. Yeah give the ref opportunity to give a yellow sure but tbh if it was our player I'd be calling them dumb but also questioning if it really had to be a card.

Don't see how it's a booking as he didn't really do anything wrong. These things happen.

Obviously you're a real man, like Ronaldo, but he had maybe a 10% chance of getting it. Pull out of the collision, stay on the field, stay in the game, don't be a thick cunt.

Guest palnese

Obviously you're a real man, like Ronaldo, but he had maybe a 10% chance of getting it. Pull out of the collision, stay on the field, stay in the game, don't be a thick cunt.

No need for that. It's just how I see it. He was going for it, missed it, hit Sels' leg without any malice or intention and then he's sent off. Just don't think there's any need to give him a second booking.

No need for that. It's just how I see it. He was going for it, missed it, hit Sels' leg without any malice or intention and then he's sent off. Just don't think there's any need to give him a second booking.

:lol:

God I hate the presentation of the Championship. Ian fucking Holloway trying to second-guess Rafa Benitez ffs. Someone just shoot his stupid shiny bald head off.

Rafa's never won promotion to the Prem, m8. Ollie's done it twice.

WTF is Houghton on about with this comment ?

"Newcastle were very efficient but it feels like a missed opportunity. They scored from two set pieces and although they hit the bar, we had the better chances."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37138687

We didnt really create much to be fair.  Ritchie from Diame's pull back is the only other great chance I remember us having in open play. Not that they had too many either though..

WTF is Houghton on about with this comment ?

"Newcastle were very efficient but it feels like a missed opportunity. They scored from two set pieces and although they hit the bar, we had the better chances."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37138687

We didnt really create much to be fair.  Ritchie from Diame's pull back is the only other great chance I remember us having in open play. Not that they had too many either though..

Gouffran should've scored from about 8 yards out and Shelvey hit the post.

Somehow set pieces aren't classed as chances ? Also they created one real chance of any note, Hughton also saying in public that the sending off was harsh, if he's not in private tearing into the lad for stupidity then he's still the same "Mr Nice Guy" manager who will do well when his players are helping him out, but not the type of man you need at a club that wants to go places.

Rafa just keeps repeating the word "improving" :lol:  He's still not contempt :smug:

Content FFS, only thing I've got to twist about tonight,good win. (Still don't know how to highlight/bold things FFS.)