Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

10 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Needs a change of ownership. Been a disaster since the binned off Alun Armstrong, for daring to reach the Conf North playoffs.

I personally think Blyth is a shithole but on a club level I feel bad, no north east club deserves to be surviving relegation 2 seasons in a row due to covid - things surely have to improve soon for yous.

3 hours ago, FCB said:

I personally think Blyth is a shithole but on a club level I feel bad, no north east club deserves to be surviving relegation 2 seasons in a row due to covid - things surely have to improve soon for yous.

out of interest , since you seem to want to often have a pop at Blyth, sadly, this shithole you say , are you talking ground or area ? 

9 hours ago, GWN said:

out of interest , since you seem to want to often have a pop at Blyth, sadly, this shithole you say , are you talking ground or area ? 

Both, the ground is canny bad too imo, too cramped if you get what angle I'm coming from.

On 24/03/2022 at 23:17, FCB said:

It’s off topic but Blyth is a bit of a shit hole, well the town centre and immediate areas around it are. They have trained to smarten it up in recent years, but it’s kind of like painting a house that has cracks in it.

Some nice housing estates etc going up just outside of it and it has great access to the countryside. It does have potential but the investment in virtual non-existent, at least not where it needs to be.

On 25/03/2022 at 06:19, FCB said:

Both, the ground is canny bad too imo, too cramped if you get what angle I'm coming from.

Don't find many people griping over Croft Park, it's a decent ground for that level, taking into account it's an original ground and not an out-of-town replica.

On 24/03/2022 at 07:07, Big Geordie said:

Needs a change of ownership. Been a disaster since the binned off Alun Armstrong, for daring to reach the Conf North playoffs.

Armstrong wan't sacked, he agreed to join Darlo and then signed a load of players whose contract option letters had mysteriously not been handed out to players. His actions caused huge damage to the club.

On 25/03/2022 at 12:19, FCB said:

I live in Blyth , it's not a shit hole  I come from Wallsend .Blyth has some great parts and  some rough parts like most if not every other towns around the country.

To be honest I find you a bit of an arsehole by saying that . 

4 hours ago, Stifler said:

It’s off topic but Blyth is a bit of a shit hole, well the town centre and immediate areas around it are. They have trained to smarten it up in recent years, but it’s kind of like painting a house that has cracks in it.

Some nice housing estates etc going up just outside of it and it has great access to the countryside. It does have potential but the investment in virtual non-existent, at least not where it needs to be.

Where do you live ?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Don't find many people griping over Croft Park, it's a decent ground for that level, taking into account it's an original ground and not an out-of-town replica.

Armstrong wan't sacked, he agreed to join Darlo and then signed a load of players whose contract option letters had mysteriously not been handed out to players. His actions caused huge damage to the club.

Agree with all of that , Croft Park compared to some grounds I've been away to non league is OK  . Clearly needs investment on and off the pitch but it's that's a pipe dream . 

I find the Blyth bashing a bit odd on here from a few .

19 minutes ago, GWN said:

Clearly needs investment on and off the pitch but it's that's a pipe dream . 

Not just investment, but vision. Too much talk of 1978 cup runs, that stuff if ancient history. While the ground has improved, the matchday experience is pretty much the same since I first went in 1995. Other clubs at that level (and below) are able to make more money from fans because they provide better food, beverage and hospitality options across the board.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not just investment, but vision. Too much talk of 1978 cup runs, that stuff if ancient history. While the ground has improved, the matchday experience is pretty much the same since I first went in 1995. Other clubs at that level (and below) are able to make more money from fans because they provide better food, beverage and hospitality options across the board.

Can't argue with that

13 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Blyth currently getting stuff 4-1 at home, to Hereford. Doomed.

Yep , utter shite , I'm standing here wondering why I'm still watching :lol:

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's crying out for a change at the top. 'The Blazers' have had their time. Needs new ideas and investment (the club)

GWN - am listening on Blyth Live. as am still on mend from covid.

Edited by Big Geordie

27 minutes ago, GWN said:

It's not tbf, good and bad thats me point , I work in shields 

The town centre and some areas around it are. Despite living a couple of streets away from it, until recently I hardly ever went in. They are planning on regenerating some of it and linking it up with the Fish Quay better, however I feel like even then large parts of it will be still quite run down.

I believe part of the problem is that the shops are spread out too far for what is required now for a town centre. Like most towns these days, you don’t need the amount of stores there are available, and you have a large number of vacant shops and other shops on side streets where they should be converted back to housing.

In addition to this, shop owners are given no incentive to maintain the upkeep of their shops and they look tacky and unkept in most places.

I have said it before, but North Shileds is a place you go for cheap bargain shops and stuff, not somewhere you go to sit and have a coffee.

4 hours ago, GWN said:

I live in Blyth , it's not a shit hole  I come from Wallsend .Blyth has some great parts and  some rough parts like most if not every other towns around the country.

To be honest I find you a bit of an arsehole by saying that . 

Your opinion of me, doesn't affect me :cheesy:

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Blyth 1-4 Hereford

Gateshead 0-0 Bradford PA

York 1-0 Leamington

Darlo 2-1 Boston United

South Shields 2-0 Stafford Rangers

North Shields 5-0 Penrith AFC

Any particularly reason why you missed Spennymoor out, or just forgot? Certainly far more local than York. They drew 1-1 with 2nd place Brackley which helps Gateshead a bit after they too dropped points today.

14 hours ago, Paullow said:

Any particularly reason why you missed Spennymoor out, or just forgot? Certainly far more local than York. They drew 1-1 with 2nd place Brackley which helps Gateshead a bit after they too dropped points today.

Forgot - will include next time.