Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Peter Beardsley about to become new Hebburn Town manager.

Aye, I heard last week but was told to keep quiet and couldn’t find a market for it!

Wrexham beat Stockport and Bromley beat York to both reach the FA Trophy final. Wrexham was two stoppage time goals with Ryan Reynolds in attendance. Should make for some decent drama on the show. Really can't wait for that, like. :lol:

Late to the conversation but calling everywhere that it's Jesmond or Darras fucking Hall a shithole is pathetic craic like.

Most places have their nice and not so nice areas. Most smaller town centres look run somewhat run down but that's largely due to the absolute death of the high street. Were still in our infancy of replacing what was the focal point of town centres like. That doesn't mean they're shit holes. Neither Blyth or N. Shields are. Infact, with its proximity to Tynemouth and the successful regeneration of the fish quay, North Shields is categorically not a shithole like. 

Juvenile man.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Late to the conversation but calling everywhere that it's Jesmond or Darras fucking Hall a shithole is pathetic craic like.

Most places have their nice and not so nice areas. Most smaller town centres look run somewhat run down but that's largely due to the absolute death of the high street. Were still in our infancy of replacing what was the focal point of town centres like. That doesn't mean they're shit holes. Neither Blyth or N. Shields are. Infact, with its proximity to Tynemouth and the successful regeneration of the fish quay, North Shields is categorically not a shithole like. 

Juvenile man.

When I lived in North Shields I had a man knock on my front door who I'd never met before who wanted to fight me. He ran off when I opened the door with a hammer in hand. 

4 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

When I lived in North Shields I had a man knock on my front door who I'd never met before who wanted to fight me. He ran off when I opened the door with a hammer in hand. 

Had he been reading the Energy prices thread ?

Gateshead 0-1 Brackley

Curzon Ashton 0-3 Spennymoor 

Bromley 3-1 York
Boston Utd 1-0 Blyth

North Shields 4-2 Guisborough Town FC

Gainsborough Trinity 1-1 South Shields

48 minutes ago, madras said:

Had he been reading the Energy prices thread ?

Must have had a time machine, also. I am not rich like people make out. People make assumptions. I was taking the piss about the yachts. People make assumptions based on what they think and think they know, I'm not poor but I'm not rich.  I was brought up living in a house on the site of the school my dad was the caretaker of. I'm not some rich tory wanker people make me out to be. I do have very high energy bills though which I am trying to address. 

11 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Juvenile man.

i agree , and the knob who started it is my first ever poster gone onto ignore , just no need , I can pick holes in most places but his was driven more for the fact that Blyth beat his team 2-0::lol:

13 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Juvenile man.

I'd rather live in Blyth or Shields than Darras Hall any day of the week.

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bromley beat York in the FA Trophy @Yorkie? Did you follow it? 

Only via York's Twitter feed. York took the lead and based on comments should've buried em in the first half. Bromley take their chances in the second, including one on the break at the very end. C'est la vie. Quite jealous, would've been great seeing the Minstermen on Wrexham's doc but nm. 

18 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Bromley beat York in the FA Trophy @Yorkie? Did you follow it? 

Might actually see a Bromley game soon. Booked everything to tick Luton off the 9 remaining grounds yet to visit in the list of 92 then it got moved from 3pm to 12.30 so toying with the idea of going from there to Borehamwood v Bromley as it's within reach. Will have to miss KO like. A lot depends on how close Borehamwood are to getting in the play offs by then. Same day as toon at Norwich but booked it expecting our game to be moved too. Wouldn't have went to Norwich if I'm honest.

Went to Blyth yesterday, played well first half but the second was a non event and was great to get a surprise late winner from JJ .

Will be travelling to Spennymoor on Monday .

53 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Excellent and much needed win for Spartans, yesterday. :thup: Just over 900 there too.

In other news, North Shields won the Northern League. :) I assume they will now be promoted?

My mate is on the board at North Shields was talking to him this morning. He says they'll go into Northern Premier League - East (One below Northern Premier?) with teams like Hebburn and Dunston etc

Also excellent day for Gateshead won 6-0 away at Guiseley and Brackley who were 1 point clear before hand only drew 0-0 at Leamington. Gateshead now 1 point clear of Brackley with 5 games to go, exciting!