Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Back at high flying Alnwick Town tonight, non league is rapidly becoming my preferred form of the game in all honesty. Refreshingly small amount of bullshit around it and amazing to see the people who just love it and keep it going. Probably more worthy of Amazon documentaries in fact

Edited by OpenC

Just watched BIshop Auckland v Northallerton. Bishop won 4-1 and were dominant through out. Haven’t been to a game at this level for years, and surprised at how much the standard seems to have improved. Both teams played on the deck and from the back even the goalkeeper was playing like an Ederson.

aside from the football had a really good day. There were a number of Northallerton fans with a drum

making a lot of noise which was great to see.

23 hours ago, OpenC said:

Back at high flying Alnwick Town tonight, non league is rapidly becoming my preferred form of the game in all honesty. Refreshingly small amount of bullshit around it and amazing to see the people who just love it and keep it going. Probably more worthy of Amazon documentaries in fact

Agree completely. Didn't make a game today but it's Fantastic and still feels real. 

48 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Did you go?

My U10 Stan team walked out with them tonight. I’m their coach. 

Aye, I was there. Get myself down a few times a season. Poor bairn must've been frozen.