Wes Brown (Beware NOTW)

Dragon55544

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=21141

Manchester United defender Wes Brown is set to attract a concrete offer from Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder.

The News of the World says Roeder will make a £3m bid to sign Brown from Manchester United next month.

Roeder knows he needs to land at least two new defenders - with Craig Moore admitting he will quit the club at the end of the season and Titus Bramble out of contract in the summer.

What do people think of him?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

He is rated very highly by Ferguson and I think he is a lot better than Bramble. Still not world class but I would take him for 3 mil.

Wes brown is top. I would love to see him here.

Was thinking that he would be available in jan. Would be a good purchase. He can also play rightback which would be a plus.

Heh: If we get Luke Young, Wes Brown our defence look a lot better. Just need to find a LB...

Also wes brown looks like Carlito Cool. Another plus :)

Guest Ridzuan

Was thinking that he would be available in jan. Would be a good purchase. He can also play rightback which would be a plus.

Heh: If we get Luke Young, Wes Brown our defence look a lot better. Just need to find a LB...

Wes brown looks like Carlito? If its hair you are talking about yes,but definitely not the looks.Anyway,I think Brown would be a good addition to the squad.He has done well with Man Utd and 3m is a decent price for a player like him.I dont think Fergie would want to loan him here though.

The way nobby has been playing he should stay as our RB, We have been linked with Woodgate aswell today. With Moore and probably Bramble leaving in the Summer we would need 2 Defenders. Woody and Brown would be decent, All we would need is a solid LB and we'd be sorted.

-----------------------Given------------------------

Nobby------Woody-----Brown------Bridge ( :winking: )

The way nobby has been playing he should stay as our RB, We have been linked with Woodgate aswell today. With Moore and probably Bramble leaving in the Summer we would need 2 Defenders. Woody and Brown would be decent, All we would need is a solid LB and we'd be sorted.

At least Ramage and Taylor wouldn't have to worry about getting games with those CB  bluebiggrin.gif Could probably chuck in Upson and they would still get 20 games a season each  :lol:

Agree with the wingbacks....Nobby has been a revelation at RB and I think he can keep it goin for a least a season - but we should still get at least a backup RB - Carr sucks.

And we HAVE to bring Bridge to St James..

Wes brown looks like Carlito? If its hair you are talking about yes,but definitely not the looks.Anyway,I think Brown would be a good addition to the squad.He has done well with Man Utd and 3m is a decent price for a player like him.I dont think Fergie would want to loan him here though.

Haha :) I know he just kind of picked up the Nickname in our house :p

At least Ramage and Taylor wouldn't have to worry about getting games with those CB bluebiggrin.gif Could probably chuck in Upson and they would still get 20 games a season each :lol:

:lol:

Haha :) I know he just kind of picked up the Nickname in our house :p

I just call him wotsit

Guest theunis

Would love Wes Brown here, no nonsens and decent. LB we really need but Bridge is not coming, Luke Young might jump ship so could be cut price so not that bad, but Upson please

Luke young really isnt that much better than Carr. Upson is injury prone and will be stupidly expensive for what he is.

Brown and Distin would be good purchases. If we cant get bridge we should be enticing Baines or Matty taylor. Although the latter will never come here after the way we treated Ambrose.

Wes Brown would be a superb capture... especially at £3m.

He is a very good defender.

Solano --- Taylor --- Brown --- Baines

Very decent backline that.

I'd have Brown at RB with Ramage alongside Taylor in the centre.

Now that would be a canny defense.