Our away support

Big Geordie

Said it before on here, but "sniff all your gear" as part of the don't take me home song is the worst line (weyyy) from any chant I know of. Embarrassing as fuck.

Other than that I don't see much of a problem or hear anything out of the ordinary from the few away games a season I go to

Guest Howaythetoon

Our away support has gradually declined in quality over the years as the older generation who could keep young upstarts in check and who had some form of decency and values regarding the club, either have died off or gave up on the club.

The younger lot seem more barmy and can be very vocal, but its the whole lad bible culture and the whole fucking boring bantz of it all that makes going to an away game a chore at times.

Sad as I may be I'd rather sit down on a sofa with my ipad and some earphones and watch the match from the comfort of my own home than go to an actual game these days and that's because the atmosphere is often none existent (home) or fucking shit (away).

Not always of course, as fans we do still have our 'good' moments. Usually when trooping off to losing a semi (Cardiff/Lisbon) or getting relegated (5-1 Spurs last season).

I rate our fans higher than most sets, however. Take the mackems for example...

Our away support has gradually declined in quality over the years as the older generation who could keep young upstarts in check and who had some form of decency and values regarding the club, either have died off or gave up on the club.

The younger lot seem more barmy and can be very vocal, but its the whole lad bible culture and the whole fucking boring bantz of it all that makes going to an away game a chore at times.

Sad as I may be I'd rather sit down on a sofa with my ipad and some earphones and watch the match from the comfort of my own home than go to an actual game these days and that's because the atmosphere is often none existent (home) or fucking shit (away).

Not always of course, as fans we do still have our 'good' moments. Usually when trooping off to losing a semi (Cardiff/Lisbon) or getting relegated (5-1 Spurs last season).

I think you've just got old mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

The younger lot seem more barmy and can be very vocal, but its the whole lad bible culture and the whole f***ing boring bantz of it all that makes going to an away game a chore at times.

Sad as I may be I'd rather sit down on a sofa with my ipad and some earphones and watch the match from the comfort of my own home than go to an actual game these days and that's because the atmosphere is often none existent (home) or f***ing s*** (away).

I think you've just got old mate.

Aye, true :(

Too many dullards who are more interested in singing shit small time songs such as "your support is fucking shit" etc rather than get behind the team. I cringe whenever people singer I that SJP and whenever our fans do. No originality at Football anymore. Fucking boring hence why I don't go away anymore.

its a different day out to when I started doing it 30+ years ago. It went shit for me when the 'shoes off if you love the toon' cunts turned up.

I like a beer or three but fuck me, the state some folk turning up at the turnstile is a disgrace. Last week at Derby I watched loads being turned away and I couldn't even suggest the stewards were being over zealous either. They were minging.

CCTV has all but eliminated trouble inside or in the surrounding areas so far less punch ups than a decade or two ago. Its a safer environment now than it ever was. The young uns aren't piss wise nowadays I fear.

Dry trains - why would someone bring a litre bottle of vodka on a train and drink it on the three hour journey home? Absolutely nuts. Little wonder the train companies insist on dry trains. Minority fucking it right up for those who can behave with a few cans.

I still enjoy my away days though. Meet mates have a couple on way there, at and on the return. Although I'm more selective now.

its a different day out to when I started doing it 30+ years ago. It went s*** for me when the 'shoes off if you love the toon' c***s turned up.

I like a beer or three but f*** me, the state some folk turning up at the turnstile is a disgrace. Last week at Derby I watched loads being turned away and I couldn't even suggest the stewards were being over zealous either. They were minging.

CCTV has all but eliminated trouble inside or in the surrounding areas so far less punch ups than a decade or two ago. Its a safer environment now than it ever was. The young uns aren't p*ss wise nowadays I fear.

Dry trains - why would someone bring a litre bottle of vodka on a train and drink it on the three hour journey home? Absolutely nuts. Little wonder the train companies insist on dry trains. Minority f***ing it right up for those who can behave with a few cans.

I still enjoy my away days though. Meet mates have a couple on way there, at and on the return. Although I'm more selective now.

Our away support does seem to be noticeably smashed and a lot more so than nearly every other club.

All part of it though. Always has been. I have been well oiled for 95% of away games I've been too. Wouldn't feel right otherwise.

Oh aye definitely, I just think the extra couple of hours brings out the people who cant handle their ale.

That said other than the drugs and brief skirmish at Bristol City, I don't think there has been any real issues with our support this season.

Preferred it back in the 80s when our core away support was hired Transit/Luton vans full of pissed up radgies with taches, and our hooligans who could actually handle themselves.

It got a lot more civilised under Keegan but I utterly despair at SOME of the bellends that follow us nowadays.