Our away support

Big Geordie

Preferred it back in the 80s when our core away support was hired Transit/Luton vans full of pissed up radgies with taches, and our hooligans who could actually handle themselves.

It got a lot more civilised under Keegan but I utterly despair at SOME of the bellends that follow us nowadays.

:anguish:

Preferred it back in the 80s when our core away support was hired Transit/Luton vans full of p*ssed up radgies with taches, and our hooligans who could actually handle themselves.

It got a lot more civilised under Keegan but I utterly despair at SOME of the bellends that follow us nowadays.

It was tongue in cheek, don't get all precious marra.

With how away tickets are distributed now (all of them have a ST/membership number attached to them), the only way to get rid of the idiots is to report those who are doing drugs. Take down the seat, row and block number and pass it onto the club, totally anonymous and there would be no repercussions for yourself.

If as a consequence someone then gets banned because they've bought a ticket and sold it/gave it to someone who is doing drugs - then so be it.

Lets not forget this dickhead last season: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/football-fan-sold-drugs-anfield-11605604

The 17-year-old, a student “with a bright future”, was trying to sell ecstasy before the match with Newcastle on April 23.

The Newcastle United fan, who had travelled from his home in the Durham area, tried to make a run for it when confronted by police.

Preferred it back in the 80s when our core away support was hired Transit/Luton vans full of p*ssed up radgies with taches, and our hooligans who could actually handle themselves.

It was tongue in cheek, don't get all precious marra.

Scathing satire.

Some of the pictures of the 'fans' on that article, man. Utter fucknuts, just kids who've watched too much Green Street.

These 2 are my favourite though - Harry Style's nan and mongo jerry showing those kids who's boss.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/22/article-2297425-18DC10F6000005DC-238_634x360.jpg

It's people from the younger generation (mine, funnily enough) who've got so wrapped in the "Bantz Bible" culture in which football matches in general are more about pitch invasions, winding other fans up, causing bother and just being a complete c*** is more important than the actual football, the odd pint and craic with your mates. Embarrassing stuff.

It's people from the younger generation (mine, funnily enough) who've got so wrapped in the "Bantz Bible" culture in which football matches in general are more about pitch invasions, winding other fans up, causing bother and just being a complete c*** is more important than the actual football, the odd pint and craic with your mates. Embarrassing stuff.

:thup:

I'm not sure that it's a problem with our away support as such, think it's more a generation sort of thing and the drug culture that unfortunately exists around the young adults at the moment.

:thup:

I'm not sure that it's a problem with our away support as such, think it's more a generation sort of thing and the drug culture that unfortunately exists around the young adults at the moment.

Aye don't think it's our fans much, but I can see it, as in this sort of culture showing through primarily my mackem mates; hate to imagine what they're like at games. Just thank fuck they're mackems.

On the subject of this, did anyone see what kicked off outside the ground after the match yesterday?

We cane out the ground and headed towards Witton station and about 10 coppers came charging up with their batons out towards the North Stand, where the knobhead Villa fans in that corner would have been coming out, seeemed to die down quick enough as we were queing for the train round the corner and that was peaceful enough.

We do have a lot of nobs in our support though no doubt about it, can make ot brrak an away day if you end up sat near the knobheads, wss a prize knobhead at the top of the upper tier yesterday, in p9 he for some reason trued to throw a bottle of what may have been piss at the Villa fans, completely fucked up his throw and threw it all across 3 rows of our supporters, who understandably werent happy to say the least

On the subject of this, did anyone see what kicked off outside the ground after the match yesterday?

We cane out the ground and headed towards Witton station and about 10 coppers came charging up with their batons out towards the North Stand, where the knobhead Villa fans in that corner would have been coming out

Quite possibly west mids police being west mids police. Always been a bunch of bellends.

Not just our away support however there seems to be a fascination with insulting the other supporters more than there is supporting your own team.....i wanna go home, my garden shed, your support etc..

Theres been a very definite culture shift imo, see Darlington Away a few years ago.  People seem to have more interest in recording themselves on mobile's doing "Laddish" stuff than they do supporting their team. 

In our defence...we do travel the longest for most games which only increases the drinking time pre-match.

As others have said drug culture amongst youth is commonplace now and its getting easier and easier to access gear these days. Having a nice buzz after a few pints going to the match is one thing, but I do not see the appeal of being off your face at a football match at all.

As others have said drug culture amongst youth is commonplace now and its getting easier and easier to access gear these days. Having a nice buzz after a few pints going to the match is one thing, but I do not see the appeal of being off your face at a football match at all.

It certainly helps when it's Newcastle you're watching.